RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Does anyone have any documents showing they can travel to the US on a k1 visa? Manchester airport is giving my fiancé a hard time. He’s leaving for Serbia right now and they told him AirSerbia will want official documents showing he is allowed to travel on a K1. Idk if AirSerbia will even care to be honest. They have nonstop flights to New York.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

I had to show my onward flight to the us. I had trouble at Heathrow as they questioned if my visa was banned. They had to ask a few people first. The problem is the restrictions are confusing and the British staff aren’t really up to date with it all and they interpret things incorrectly. I hope it all goes ok

I hope so too! Idk If Serbia would even care as to why he’s traveling. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Does anyone have any documents showing they can travel to the US on a k1 visa? Manchester airport is giving my fiancé a hard time. He’s leaving for Serbia right now and they told him AirSerbia will want official documents showing he is allowed to travel on a K1. Idk if AirSerbia will even care to be honest. They have nonstop flights to New York.

There is a thread with all the info you need, someone got turned away at manchesrer a few months ago coming to Mexico to do this. I’m just looking for it! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

This might help: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Were you told you needed official documentation for AirSerbia to show you could travel to the US? My fiancé is leaving  Manchester airport and they’re giving him a hard time saying he’ll need official documents to show them he can come here

Hi! No, I wasn’t asked any questions. I flew to Serbia From Athens with Lufthansa. He should show them this page of the embassy of Serbia in London that clearly states that Serbia has ZERO travel restrictions http://www.london.mfa.gov.rs

i think someone else has issues flying form Manchester to Mexico. It seems like this airport stuff is not very informed or flexible. I hope all goes well! Good luck! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I hope so too! Idk If Serbia would even care as to why he’s traveling. 

No they probably won’t, same way Mexico don’t but the airlines issue is if you get stuck they may be liable to arrange a flight to bring you back. They seem to be strict on leaving England but after that point it’s quite breezy

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

He should contact air Serbia on Instagram they reply almost instantly and he can show them proof right there. It wouldn’t make sense for air Serbia to request proof that he can travel to the US since there are no restrictions between Serbia and US and no restrictions for people travelling with specific visas. What airline is he flying with from uk to Serbia?

14 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Let the airport people go to the IATA website. Also, these people should have a list of countries with their respective restrictions. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

He should contact air Serbia on Instagram they reply almost instantly and he can show them proof right there. It wouldn’t make sense for air Serbia to request proof that he can travel to the US since there are no restrictions between Serbia and US and no restrictions for people travelling with specific visas. What airline is he flying with from uk to Serbia?

I believe KLM. He’s flying to Amsterdam now for his layover before he goes to Serbia. He at least made it out of England.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I believe KLM. He’s flying to Amsterdam now for his layover before he goes to Serbia. He at least made it out of England.

KLM are hard work. My issues were with KLM and the guy that got denied boarding from Manchester to Mexico was KLM. But if they let him get to amsterdam they shouldn’t question him to Serbia? When we laid over in Amsterdam we didn’t see any check in staff again.

KLM staff in Amsterdam is super friendly and they are informed about everything. Should be smooth from here on out

Timeline
Just now, ek1357 said:

KLM are hard work. My issues were with KLM and the guy that got denied boarding from Manchester to Mexico was KLM. But if they let him get to amsterdam they shouldn’t question him to Serbia? When we laid over in Amsterdam we didn’t see any check in staff again.

I figured as long as he can just get out of England he should be fine. My first encounter with Manchester customs two years ago was crazy. I was visiting my fiancé, and I had never been to England. He had come here the first time we met. Manchester doesn’t mess around. They questioned me about my family, job, home....

1 minute ago, Ja3germeister said:

KLM staff in Amsterdam is super friendly and they are informed about everything. Should be smooth from here on out

Perfect! Thank you!

Timeline

He should be okay if it’s just a layover they have no reason to give him a hard time in Amsterdam. Serbia doesn’t question anyone when they come in. There’s an American girl in my hotel that came for tourism from this week and she just passed through no questions asked. Same for me and someone else that came in from EU on Tuesday. 

17 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

He should be okay if it’s just a layover they have no reason to give him a hard time in Amsterdam. Serbia doesn’t question anyone when they come in. There’s an American girl in my hotel that came for tourism from this week and she just passed through no questions asked. Same for me and someone else that came in from EU on Tuesday. 

Me, and a Polite Parrot came from Croatia to Serbia to catch the flight from Belgrade tomorrow, and we had no problems crossing the Serbian border. So that’s another positive data point!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.