RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

Hi! I just wanted to let you all know that I traveled to Belgrade, Serbia yesterday and it was one of the easiest trips I have ever taken. The airport in Dortmund, Germany was almost empty. Everything was closed. The only people that were there were ones that wanted to flew to Serbia as well. There were no other flights. Check-in, security and passport control were super easy. Everybody was really friendly and some people even made jokes. Everybody was in a good mood. Nobody asked me any questions. The plane was full, every single seat was booked. But people were wearing masks the whole time. Most people were sleeping, it was very quiet. We landed on time. The airport in Belgrade was empty too. After 15 min I was through passport control and had my luggage. Again, no questions asked, everybody was friendly. I got to my hotel and relaxed. So far I am impressed with how everything went.

This is really great to hear! I wish you a pleasant stay in Serbia :)

I am more and more inclined to travel to Serbia, too, if I don't get banned by the upcoming EO...

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, ek1357 said:

Yes it is really important to remember that you won’t be able to get travel insurance so yes wherever you end up medical costs would be all on you. No matter where you travel it’s a risk during a pandemic!

The only issue is unreliable airlines, Turkish Airlines seem to have altered their dates to commence flights numerous times. Lots of routes that are meant to restart with many airlines are getting pushed back or cancelled. If the route has been running already it’s probably more likely to be ok but if it’s the first week that airline is starting back up on a route there’s always the danger they cancel it. 

Mexico was a difficult decision for me but made easier by the fact that I am travelling with my fiancé and the fact that so many on the forum are also here. 

That said, hopefully things are really getting moving now in Europe and new options will become available during July!

I am actually a permanent resident of an EU country, so I got travel insurance there (I was a student here in the UK), and my understanding is that they do cover me even now - but I will double check that! 

Yeah the uncertainty with the flights is what made me start reconsidering Turkey - in theory it would be ideal, but not when the flights aren't operating! 

I wish you the best of luck in Mexico, there's certainly strength in numbers. I am really glad that I found this forum, it is reassuring to hear about other people's experiences who are in a similar situation!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, martamc83 said:

Hi,

did anyone find a medical insurance that cover covid-19? 

Any Group plan or ObamaCare plan would.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mareike said:

Ah that's annoying. Germany has the same advisory but my insurance still pays despite that. I made them type that out exactly so I have written proof in case I need it 😅

My travel insurance (also a German one) didn’t pay for the exact same reasons - global pandemic (60€ a year and I’ve been insured since 10 years). I had to get another one for 250€!! So I’m really surprised that yours is paying (which insurance is it?)

Hi guys,

So I live in Zurich Switzerland and own a home in Florida and also my boyfriend lives there.

After thinking about it for a long time- I decided to go to Croatia on the 24th and fly to the US on July 9th. For me this is the easiest way since I can easily drive to Croatia in 7 hours. 
I know many people are unsure about Turkish airlines however with everything there is a risk and starting July they will have many new flights (my brother is a pilot in Switzerland and has some insights).

I hope everything goes smooth and as of now the only thing I’m concerned with are the flights from Istanbul to the US (probably New York)- keep your fingers crossed for me please. If anyone went to the US from Croatia please share! 
There are risks no matter which way you decide to go- I’ll update you if there’s anything new!

Sending everyone a lot of strength during these crazy times-

Jenny

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

My travel insurance (also a German one) didn’t pay for the exact same reasons - global pandemic (60€ a year and I’ve been insured since 10 years). I had to get another one for 250€!! So I’m really surprised that yours is paying (which insurance is it?)

That's crazy! Mine only has a clause for travel advisory in case of war - none for a global pandemic. It's UKV. Getting worried now and am gonna double check with them, but that's what they told me and what's in the contract.

38 minutes ago, jenny53 said:

Hi guys,

So I live in Zurich Switzerland and own a home in Florida and also my boyfriend lives there.

After thinking about it for a long time- I decided to go to Croatia on the 24th and fly to the US on July 9th. For me this is the easiest way since I can easily drive to Croatia in 7 hours. 
I know many people are unsure about Turkish airlines however with everything there is a risk and starting July they will have many new flights (my brother is a pilot in Switzerland and has some insights).

I hope everything goes smooth and as of now the only thing I’m concerned with are the flights from Istanbul to the US (probably New York)- keep your fingers crossed for me please. If anyone went to the US from Croatia please share! 
There are risks no matter which way you decide to go- I’ll update you if there’s anything new!

Sending everyone a lot of strength during these crazy times-

Jenny

I am in Croatia right now and my advice is the following: go to Serbia and fly from there. The Belgrade-NYC route seems to be working just fine, I wouldn't rely on Turkish.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, martamc83 said:

hi,

250€ for how many days?

Thanks

For 60 days it is called PROTRIP-WORLD by Dr Walter lol and you can only be insured as long as you are officially registered in Germany. The insurance company that did not want to pay is called ERV / Ergo and I would NEVER get another insurance with them. Like I said, I’ve been insured for years and they have NEVER gotten me any money back. Will quit ASAP! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jenny53 said:

Just one more question, i checked and all flights from Belgrade to nyc stop in Istanbul. Which airline flies from Belgrade to nyc ?

check out Air Serbia. Non-stop flights only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.