RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Yes and that police report you found out about also has the date on it and the address you stayed together with your passport number name and date of birth  

Cool! Thank you!!! I will be leaving tomorrow!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

Cool! Thank you!!! I will be leaving tomorrow!!!

Oh perfect I didn’t realise! Have a good trip and good luck! FYI don’t use a taxi from the airport or generally from the street as they charge way more than they should. They have a local app if you want that’s called cargo. Also you can ask your hotel to come pick you up if they have that service. I did that. If you want to exchange money they have better exchange rate if you use the places in the city instead of airport. They have them everywhere. They also accept euros a lot of times but it’s better to have the dinar. 
If You want to order out they have Wolt and the menus are all translated in English too. 
most people speak enough English to communicate on super market restaurants etc and they are very friendly. 
people are wearing masks a lot and they have antiseptic gels everywhere but life is normal and everything is open. 
That’s all I’ve gathered these 4 days I’ve been here 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@VioletM the last I heard regarding Turkey was the best bet for brits was a possible air-bridge arrangement. Given summer is coming I would assume something like that might be considered in July. I considered Turkey myself but our visa expires soon so we didn’t have time to wait. 

That said, a lot of hotels in Cancun are reopening now and I have read a few articles confirming Canadian tour operators and airlines are now restarting flights to Cancun in addition to tourist spots in the US (LV, NY).

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/westjet-announces-summer-schedule-including-us-and-mexico.html
https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/vacation-packages/air-canada-vacations-touches-down-in-mexico.html

I’m not going to say Mexico is the way to go but Mexico City is the only real problem for Mexico, cases and deaths are very low out in the tourist spots. It’s kinda obvious why when you’re here because people are literally living on top of each other in Mexico City- it’s really densely populated. 

I could probably be having quite a nice two week ‘holiday’ if I was in Cancun but I didn’t want to do 3 transfers so we stayed put in Mexico City.

18 hours ago, Leah88 said:

I accompanied my friend to the airport today, she left for the US after quarantining here for 14 days (we spend 9  days together), and she just got to the USA!

Thank you for sharing the news! Knowing that makes me a bit hopeful! In two days I'll be doing the same with AA too, so I hope everything goes well like her!

For everyone staying at Cancún, even if locals are not wearing masks, please wear yours! It is mandatory by law, and even if locals don't do it and nothing happens to them, the police is looking for tourists not wearing them to fine them. I hope everyone stays safe and hopefully all of us can reunite with our loved ones soon!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, pretzelbite said:

Save travels, good luck, be safe and enjoy your time! Can’t wait to start this journey too! 
Which airport you’re flying out? Dortmund? 

Yes! From Dortmund! I will let you know how it went!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kay & Evan said:

Oh perfect I didn’t realise! Have a good trip and good luck! FYI don’t use a taxi from the airport or generally from the street as they charge way more than they should. They have a local app if you want that’s called cargo. Also you can ask your hotel to come pick you up if they have that service. I did that. If you want to exchange money they have better exchange rate if you use the places in the city instead of airport. They have them everywhere. They also accept euros a lot of times but it’s better to have the dinar. 
If You want to order out they have Wolt and the menus are all translated in English too. 
most people speak enough English to communicate on super market restaurants etc and they are very friendly. 
people are wearing masks a lot and they have antiseptic gels everywhere but life is normal and everything is open. 
That’s all I’ve gathered these 4 days I’ve been here 😊

Thank you for all the information you have given me so far! That is really kind! I haven't had the time to answer yet because I am still packing my bags. I am so exhausted. I talked to my hotel yesterday and they will pick me up from the airport. Where are you staying? Also, I tried to call Air Serbia, but they didn't pick up the phone. I don't have Instagram. I already booked my flight, so if they cancel it I guess I am in trouble. I just hope for the best. Thanks again for your help!!!

Timeline
Just now, Sarah84 said:

Thank you for all the information you have given me so far! That is really kind! I haven't had the time to answer yet because I am still packing my bags. I am so exhausted. I talked to my hotel yesterday and they will pick me up from the airport. Where are you staying? Also, I tried to call Air Serbia, but they didn't pick up the phone. I don't have Instagram. I already booked my flight, so if they cancel it I guess I am in trouble. I just hope for the best. Thanks again for your help!!!

I’ll send them a message now and let you know what they said. I think you should be fine a few days ago they added an extra flight for today that wasn’t planned so I guess they have a lot of demand.

I’m staying at prime hotel in Vracar neighbourhood and you?

youll have plenty of time to rest here and Belgrade is very chilled

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

I’ll send them a message now and let you know what they said. I think you should be fine a few days ago they added an extra flight for today that wasn’t planned so I guess they have a lot of demand.

I’m staying at prime hotel in Vracar neighbourhood and you?

youll have plenty of time to rest here and Belgrade is very chilled

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! I will stay at the 7 Suites Hotel. I think it is in the city center.

7 hours ago, VioletM said:

Hello everyone, I have been reading this message board for a few weeks now - what an anxious time for all of us! 

Good luck to everybody in quarantine in a foreign land right now, you're braver than me!

I am stuck in the UK and have been waiting to try and get into US on J1 visa. I am aware of the new EO that might impact me, but if it doesn't, and the travel ban isn't lifted, I will likely travel out somewhere, too. It's been too long.

Does anybody know what the latest situation about travel to/from Turkey is? I heard that they were cancelling flights/not operating properly despite meaning to reopen mid-June. Turkey would be ideal as there are direct flights there from my current city and to the city I'm (hopefully) relocating to.

Other options I'm considering are Serbia (but I think I would have to have a layover from Belgrade in Istanbul anyway), or South Korea (but SK is far/the other way).

Hey there — I'm in a similar situation with my girlfriend. She's a German national and has her J-1 visa but has been stuck there due to the travel ban. We considered the Mexico route but didn't pull the trigger as she'd have to quit her job a second time (they luckily allowed her to stay on when the travel ban was put into place and she couldn't leave Germany) and decided it's just too risky in the event she wasn't allowed to enter. 

I think we're out of luck at this point as we waited too long to go through Mexico and this ridiculous executive order is due out any day now. We considered trying to get her there ASAP, but again, it's too risky as even if she got on a plane tomorrow we could soon find out that she'd be banned from entering before the 14 day quarantine is up. 

Are you planning on waiting until the EO comes out before you book any travel plans? 

1 minute ago, jvette said:

Hey there — I'm in a similar situation with my girlfriend. She's a German national and has her J-1 visa but has been stuck there due to the travel ban. We considered the Mexico route but didn't pull the trigger as she'd have to quit her job a second time (they luckily allowed her to stay on when the travel ban was put into place and she couldn't leave Germany) and decided it's just too risky in the event she wasn't allowed to enter. 

I think we're out of luck at this point as we waited too long to go through Mexico and this ridiculous executive order is due out any day now. We considered trying to get her there ASAP, but again, it's too risky as even if she got on a plane tomorrow we could soon find out that she'd be banned from entering before the 14 day quarantine is up. 

Are you planning on waiting until the EO comes out before you book any travel plans? 

The current EO ends June 23 or 24. If I were you I would just wait that out and see if anything changes.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! I will stay at the 7 Suites Hotel. I think it is in the city center.

Air Serbia response: “Dear, the flights should be OK for July, and further cancellations are not expected. However please continue to follow our social media channels and website for further information on our services and flights. Thank you for your patience. Kind regards.”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Air Serbia response: “Dear, the flights should be OK for July, and further cancellations are not expected. However please continue to follow our social media channels and website for further information on our services and flights. Thank you for your patience. Kind regards.”

Thank you!!!!! I am at the gate! Check-in and security was great! They didn't ask me any questions and were super friendly!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kay & Evan said:

3 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

Thank you!!!!! I am at the gate! Check-in and security was great! They didn't ask me any questions and were super friendly!

Perfect! Also air Serbia just updated their official schedule page and actually added 2 extra flights 26 and 29 of June plus frequent flights in July. I’m feeling even more reassured now 

Edited by Kay & Evan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.