RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I just spent 2 FULL DAYS IN THE IMMIGRATION DÉTENTION CENTER OF MEXICO CITY's AIRPORT and now I am being sent back by plane to where I am coming from! As I am writing those lines I am in the flight back.

Don't do it guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

I just spent 2 FULL DAYS IN THE IMMIGRATION DÉTENTION CENTER OF MEXICO CITY's AIRPORT and now I am being sent back by plane to where I am coming from! As I am writing those lines I am in the flight back.

Don't do it guys!

Oh my God!!! What happened??

Timeline
5 hours ago, Leah88 said:

How do you even know about those dates? Seems oddly specific 

Because it's written in the order. The 60 day Executive order regarding immigration expires on the 24. You can find the order on the Whitehouse's website.

That doesn't mean a new order can't be created before this date. News and immigration lawyers are predicting this order will be extended with more reach.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Don't do it guys!

Wow I’m in shock I am so sorry!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Don't do it guys!

I'm so sorry! Did they say why?

Timeline

Don't do it guys!

So I just canceled my flight to Mexico and booked a flight to Serbia for next Tuesday. I read today that Mexico will be the new Coronavirus hotspot, and I have 19 days ahead of me until I will fly to the US. I don't want to risk it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

So I just canceled my flight to Mexico and booked a flight to Serbia for next Tuesday. I read today that Mexico will be the new Coronavirus hotspot, and I have 19 days ahead of me until I will fly to the US. I don't want to risk it.

Where did you read this?  Do you have a link to that article?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiancé just flew to Mexico on Friday from Paris with no problems. 

this is what’s worrying me...

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502553-trump-admin-looking-to-link-us-spike-in-coronavirus-cases-to-mexico

Timeline
13 minutes ago, opcav said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502553-trump-admin-looking-to-link-us-spike-in-coronavirus-cases-to-mexico

Waow....dynamics change really fast

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

15 minutes ago, opcav said:

I hate the white house administration so much. They're really going to find an enemy to use as a scapegoat for the rise in numbers. "Is it because we opened way too soon? Maybe all of the protests? Nah no way has to be Mexico" 

Like ffs 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Don't do it guys!

REally sorry about your experience ....the spike in covid cases has got everyone pointing at mexico and I guess this is their reaction to it all...no doubt they noticed the sudden flow of visitors on their way to US.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

So I thought long before posting this, I am in Mexico right now, as you may know from reading about my experiences on here. I wanted to say, I don’t like the negative vibes on here, it is scary enough right now to be in Mexico during a global pandemic. Of course, it is a scary experience, but we are already here!!! Should we put our head in the sand and cry? Like please refrain from sharing thoughts such as “Mexico will be the new hotspot for the virus” if you do not have a source or can somewhat tell us why you’re feeling that way. I don’t feel like I’m on a vacation here, I’m scared as well. But I do not want to entertain this kind of negativity anymore. It’s scary enough as it is. If you have sources, share it! But please refrain from making us go nuts over here, when the situation is scary enough as it is!!!

I'm rooting for you Leah! It would indeed be nice to see actual sources of those kinds of statements. I still have two weeks to go before I leave Belgium so here too, it's very stressful. Serbia might be a better option for those still in Europe, but I'm still hoping Mexico will work out just fine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.