RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, anoekhbn said:

My fiancée will fly to Mexico from the US on the 28th of June to join me. Did anyone experience issues with that? Are US citizens allowed to fly to Mexico now? And what should she tell them if they ask her what she's going to do in Mexico? 

They are. Everybody is allowed to fly to Mexico. I believe @Ela S. fiancee also flew to Mexico. 

What she should say? That's she's visiting her fiancee. Honesty goes a long way.

Edited by Ja3germeister

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone! So I was supposed to fly to Mexico last Saturday, but after getting nervous about the increasing number of cases I have actually taken a different approach. I changed my KLM flight from Mexico to Seoul, South Korea where there are currently no restrictions with the UK or US. However, it does require staying in a government quarantine facility (a hotel by the airport for £65 a day) for 14 days where you can't leave your room. Food and WiFi is included, though if you're a fussy eater or have dietary requirements I would advise against it (or bring lots of snacks!). It's a long empty flight, and totally the wrong direction, but the Covid count is significantly less than Mexico. If all goes to plan, I'll be flying into the US in 10 days!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
36 minutes ago, cadr said:

Hey everyone! So I was supposed to fly to Mexico last Saturday, but after getting nervous about the increasing number of cases I have actually taken a different approach. I changed my KLM flight from Mexico to Seoul, South Korea where there are currently no restrictions with the UK or US. However, it does require staying in a government quarantine facility (a hotel by the airport for £65 a day) for 14 days where you can't leave your room. Food and WiFi is included, though if you're a fussy eater or have dietary requirements I would advise against it (or bring lots of snacks!). It's a long empty flight, and totally the wrong direction, but the Covid count is significantly less than Mexico. If all goes to plan, I'll be flying into the US in 10 days!

We considered South Korea as well, but I couldn’t afford the $100/night for the government assigned room. I’m sure the food will be pretty good though! My favorite sushi restaurant plays Korean tv and it’s pretty entertaining.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ja3germeister said:

They are. Everybody is allowed to fly to Mexico. I believe @Ela S. fiancee also flew to Mexico. 

What she should say? That's she's visiting her fiancee. Honesty goes a long way.

Yes he was only asked what he was going to mexico for and he said to meet up with his fiancé and got asked no other questions! super smooth according to him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just saw this news article, making me a little on edge while we sit here in Mexico and wait for our two weeks to be up..

’White house eyes travel from Mexico as a ource of Virus spike’

https://apnews.com/129cbe9e6320cd16ce3e845f29de0cac

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, ek1357 said:

I just saw this news article, making me a little on edge while we sit here in Mexico and wait for our two weeks to be up..

This doesn't sound good at all!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ek1357 said:

no

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

This doesn't sound good at all!!!

If a new travel ban happens before making it to the US, I personally think of heading to the Bahamas. It has been announced they will be reopening for international tourism as of July 1st:

https://www.caribjournal.com/2020/06/02/bahamas-tourism-reopening-july/amp/

Timeline
1 minute ago, dpnce said:

If a new travel ban happens before making it to the US, I personally think of heading to the Bahamas. It has been announced they will be reopening for international tourism as of July 1st:

https://www.caribjournal.com/2020/06/02/bahamas-tourism-reopening-july/amp/

But not before that day tho. Where else could we possibly go to from Mexico if the border world close? I got 7 days left 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

But not before that day tho. Where else could we possibly go to from Mexico if the border world close? I got 7 days left 

Not before that day but at least there’s a solution. Haven’t looked up at any other places! 

Timeline

Ok, so I did a little research and I also found this article. 

"Border Leaders urge White House to open non-essential travel between U.S., Mexico and Canada" 

" IBC Bank Chairman and CEO Dennis E. Nixon, Texas Border Coalition Chairman Eddie Trevino, Jr., Borderplex Alliance CEO Jon Barela and Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz recently penned a letter to acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf urging that the current restrictions on non-essential travel between the U.S., Mexico and Canada be allowed to expire on or before June 22.

(...) On Monday, June 15, the Borderplex Alliance will host the 2020 Border Summit with political, business and civic leaders to discuss the travel restrictions and the USMCA free trade zone."

My understanding is it looks like we will have some news on or after next Monday.

https://www.alicetx.com/news/20200611/border-leaders-urge-white-house-to-open-non-essential-travel-between-us-mexico-and-canada

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
56 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Ok, so I did a little research and I also found this article. 

"Border Leaders urge White House to open non-essential travel between U.S., Mexico and Canada" 

" IBC Bank Chairman and CEO Dennis E. Nixon, Texas Border Coalition Chairman Eddie Trevino, Jr., Borderplex Alliance CEO Jon Barela and Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz recently penned a letter to acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf urging that the current restrictions on non-essential travel between the U.S., Mexico and Canada be allowed to expire on or before June 22.

(...) On Monday, June 15, the Borderplex Alliance will host the 2020 Border Summit with political, business and civic leaders to discuss the travel restrictions and the USMCA free trade zone."

My understanding is it looks like we will have some news on or after next Monday.

https://www.alicetx.com/news/20200611/border-leaders-urge-white-house-to-open-non-essential-travel-between-us-mexico-and-canada

Yes I saw this article too and it’s promising that people want the border opened. The article I posted before regarding Mexico didn’t actually reference any travel restrictions at all- it just stated the fact that new cases my be coming over the border via essential workers in Mexico. That said, if the US stopped those essential workers from crossing each day America would be in big trouble as they wouldn’t have anyone harvesting, working in hospitals, shops etc. There are lots of reasons why travel might not be restricted even though the virus is very active in Mexico right now. 

5 hours ago, ek1357 said:

It also only talks about some of the border states like Arizona and Texas who are spiking in cases again. Hopefully this will only affect land travel again ✌️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I just came across this article that summarizes which countries are "open" and to what extent, for just about the whole planet:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/which-countries-are-open-for-summer-travel-after-coronavirus.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.