RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

Would it matter to which airport I fly to in the US? Would it be better to fly to the bigger airports or do y'all think it doesn't make a difference? I'm flying to Orlando but I'm contemplating on changing it to Miami just in case

Reading the proclamation, as we are flying from Mexico, then any airport should be fine since Mexico is restricted but not part of the proclamations!

"...direct all aircraft operators to ensure that all flights carrying persons, including U.S. citizens and permanent residents and others not subject to any of the four Presidential Proclamation coronavirus bans who have recently traveled from, or were otherwise present within, one of the countries designated in the Presidential Proclamations only land at one of the following airports...

Well, we are heading to Salt Lake City and all flights from Cancun had a stop in Dallas anyway (which is one of those 11 airport designated). 

Maybe to be extra safe just fly to one of those airports? 

https://www.nafsa.org/regulatory-information/covid-19-restrictions-us-visas-and-entry

Edited by RFOM

29 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

You have an Airbnb? Because I found one that also had a gym and a swimming pool and when I contacted the host she told me both were closed due to corona

It is an apartment I booked with booking.com.

I contacted many airbnbs before and they all told me that they weren't opening theirs facilities, but this one did since 1st June! :) 

1 hour ago, RFOM said:

My K1 expires on 5th July so I had to act fast, but if you have more time and can actually quarantine in Thailand/Cambodia it would be amazing, these countries are simply amazing, you might want to stay there instead of moving to US haha. 

i already live in the US since 3 years and pay rent hahah and have job there but am stuck here since 3 months... so not moving to thailand anytime soon, but definitely love it and since we have family there it is safer for us.

10 hours ago, talia0506 said:

Hey guys, so my husband and I are about to book tickets to Mexico this week and plan to fly end of this week/beginning of next week. How do you feel in Mexico since COVID cases are pretty high. We were waiting for any other country to open, but it feels like even if they open, they are not opening to all countries and second there need to be flights going to the US as well. Mexico really seems like the only logical option. Croatia wont work since Turkish again suspended their flights to the US until June... Aruba is not saying when they open, so really not sure if it is worth waiting. 

How did you manage to book hotels? Did you had trouble to find some in Cancun? We wanted to travel to Cancun but then take a cab to Tulum since it is more quite... please share your experiences so far. We are really worried about the COVID  cases in Mexico.

It sounds like Serbia is also an option now. 

Serbia is not a Schengen country so travel from Serbia to the USA is not restricted.  Air Serbia just started direct flights from Belgrade to New York JFK, and Serbia doesn't currently have restrictions on foreigners visiting and staying in the country (think they were requiring foreign visitors to present a health certificate showing they were negative for COVID but that restriction has been lifted).

There is an earlier post in this thread by someone who is planning to transit via Serbia. 

1 minute ago, devonydan said:

It sounds like Serbia is also an option now. 

Serbia is not a Schengen country so travel from Serbia to the USA is not restricted.  Air Serbia just started direct flights from Belgrade to New York JFK, and Serbia doesn't currently have restrictions on foreigners visiting and staying in the country (think they were requiring foreign visitors to present a health certificate showing they were negative for COVID but that restriction has been lifted).

There is an earlier post in this thread by someone who is planning to transit via Serbia. 

Yeah I saw that too but not sure if Serbia is a very safe option. At least I lived in Mexico a while ago and have friends there. In Thailand we have family, but not sure about Serbia. Thank you for letting me know though. Cambodia is also open already and flights to the US are going too. They require a negative COVID test and a travel insurance when entering.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, talia0506 said:

Yeah I saw that too but not sure if Serbia is a very safe option. At least I lived in Mexico a while ago and have friends there. In Thailand we have family, but not sure about Serbia. Thank you for letting me know though. Cambodia is also open already and flights to the US are going too. They require a negative COVID test and a travel insurance when entering.

In fact, Serbia is an option and it is safe there. But there is only like 1 flight per week, so if that flight gets canceled, you would be stuck there.

15 minutes ago, talia0506 said:

Are you saying that because you've heard Serbia is unsafe or just because you aren't familiar with Serbia?  I'm familiar with Mexico (have lots of family there and have traveled there) but not so much with Serbia, Thailand, or Cambodia (other than internet research and secondhand accounts).  My impression was that Serbia is pretty safe now, but I honestly don't know much.   

4 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

In fact, Serbia is an option and it is safe there. But there is only like 1 flight per week, so if that flight gets canceled, you would be stuck there.

Yeah only one flight seems not to be enough. Same as Croatia, all flights going to the USA are via Schengen :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Started poking around and took a look at recent arrivals at JFK Airport (New York). It shows that a Turkish Airlines flight from Istanbul landed there on Saturday! 😮  I don't know why the "landed" status is gray, not green, but if this is accurate then this could be a complete game changer.

https://www.airport-jfk.com/arrivals.php?day=yesterday

IMG_4015.jpg

8 minutes ago, zrdn2019 said:

Started poking around and took a look at recent arrivals at JFK Airport (New York). It shows that a Turkish Airlines flight from Istanbul landed there on Saturday! 😮  I don't know why the "landed" status is gray, not green, but if this is accurate then this could be a complete game changer.

https://www.airport-jfk.com/arrivals.php?day=yesterday

IMG_4015.jpg

So weird, when I check on Turkish Airlines, I cannot see any flights to the US for June

Timeline
7 minutes ago, talia0506 said:

So weird, when I check on Turkish Airlines, I cannot see any flights to the US for June

Yeah, this whole flight checking system is completely inconsistent as a whole. How is anyone supposed to know what is actually happening?? I don't even know if there is a way for me to speak to anyone at JFK who could personally verify that that flight even landed...🤷‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, zrdn2019 said:

Yeah, this whole flight checking system is completely inconsistent as a whole. How is anyone supposed to know what is actually happening?? I don't even know if there is a way for me to speak to anyone at JFK who could personally verify that that flight even landed...🤷‍♀️

The Turkish airline flight that landed in JFK was probably only a cargo flight. Turkish airlines has suspended all of their flights at least until July. I recommend to not book with them. I talked to a tourist agency in my home town today and they told me that noone actually knows what's going on with Turkish Airlines, but they are not reliable. Apparently they gave away a lot of their airplanes for financial reasons and that is why they keep suspending their flights. I called Turkish Airlines twice last week to book a flight with them, and both times they confirmed that all of the flights in June listed on their website will take place. I am glad that I didn't book with them. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

The Turkish airline flight that landed in JFK was probably only a cargo flight. Turkish airlines has suspended all of their flights at least until July. I recommend to not book with them. I talked to a tourist agency in my home town today and they told me that noone actually knows what's going on with Turkish Airlines, but they are not reliable. Apparently they gave away a lot of their airplanes for financial reasons and that is why they keep suspending their flights. I called Turkish Airlines twice last week to book a flight with them, and both times they confirmed that all of the flights in June listed on their website will take place. I am glad that I didn't book with them. 

Ohhhh...a cargo flight...I didn't think of that. Thanks for the info. Yeah, I think if a commercial flight had actually gone, there would be evidence of it in the news. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.