RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh I forgot, we went to the hospital an hour ago, because there is an atm there and it is right by our hotel, and there were almost no patients at all. It seemed very empty even the emergency entrance was empty. We = me and my new buddy Mona who has been here for 7 days on a quarantine mission as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Leah88 glad you arrived safely! There will be a few of us ‘with you’ in Mexico this week- I am arriving on Wednesday. 

Shame the officer in Mexico was a little dismissive.. glad you crossed though! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

Shame the officer in Mexico was a little dismissive.. glad you crossed though! 

Because many including myself believe that Mexico should be completely shut down like Costa Rica. Cases are rising here and the incompetent government is letting anyone in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you guys and know you guys are using the tools available to you, but Mexican nationals are not keen to this especially Europeans/outsiders going to Cancun... 

good luck 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, In4theJourney said:

Because many including myself believe that Mexico should be completely shut down like Costa Rica. Cases are rising here and the incompetent government is letting anyone in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you guys and know you guys are using the tools available to you, but Mexican nationals are not keen to this especially Europeans/outsiders going to Cancun... 

good luck 

No offense taken! The reason why I contacted the embassy before I traveled - I tried to understand, if it is legal to come and i don’t want to go to a country, where people would not be “welcoming” strangers. I come from a country with 6.800 active cases, I don’t know anyone personally, who has had corona. So because I am healthy I decided to travel 

Timeline
1 hour ago, In4theJourney said:

good luck 

Would you not recommend going to Cancun? I thought they’d be happy about tourists and they also have less cases than Mexico City 

2 hours ago, Leah88 said:

Either way, I am still not 100% sure If I want to go to Cancun, I saw there are tropical storms and a bunch of thunderstorms in Cancun. It’s the wet season. If someone who is already there could let me know, I would be very grateful!

I'm here in Cancún since last Monday and already saw a bit of how the climate works. The past few days there was a big storm called Cristobal, and that's why there was a lot of rain and wind here and in a lot of places in Mexico. We're indeed in the hurricane season, but just in the beginning, so the climate varies in very nice days and some mild rain and wind until the start of August until the end of October, so there's not much to worry about. I'm staying in front of the beach were the wind felt strong but nothing bad happened. And today was the total opposite, is a incredibly gorgeous day! I also went to do groceries to the city center during one of those bad days, and there the wind was super chill and everyone was doing normal life.

If I can be of help with anything else let me know! And glad you made it to Mexico!

Timeline
37 minutes ago, SBML said:

I'm here in Cancún since last Monday and already saw a bit of how the climate works. The past few days there was a big storm called Cristobal, and that's why there was a lot of rain and wind here and in a lot of places in Mexico. We're indeed in the hurricane season, but just in the beginning, so the climate varies in very nice days and some mild rain and wind until the start of August until the end of October, so there's not much to worry about. I'm staying in front of the beach were the wind felt strong but nothing bad happened. And today was the total opposite, is a incredibly gorgeous day! I also went to do groceries to the city center during one of those bad days, and there the wind was super chill and everyone was doing normal life.

If I can be of help with anything else let me know! And glad you made it to Mexico!

That sounds really nice! Thank you! I was going to stay at the nyx hotel. Do you feel comfortable in Cancun? My flight to the US is from Cancun to Miami with American Airlines. How do you plan on getting back?

31 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

That sounds really nice! Thank you! I was going to stay at the nyx hotel. Do you feel comfortable in Cancun? My flight to the US is from Cancun to Miami with American Airlines. How do you plan on getting back?

Yeah it's pretty nice! Haven't done much yet because of the storm plus I was super tired after the trip so I mostly stayed and rested. I used Uber yesterday to go to the city center for groceries without problems. They still have some restrictions so they cannot go all the way in to the airport or pick people up in the same spots as taxis but apart from that all good. The past few days were very humid but now the climate is completely different and very enjoyable! 

I'll go also from Cancún to the states with AA but with two flights, first to TX then to MO with my ESTA, and I'm praying that everything goes well, because it's been five months since the last time we were with my fiancée and we both can't wait to be together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, In4theJourney said:

good luck 

I completely understand. In the U.K. the borders also never closed and people were confused why we would keep letting travellers in and out. But that said, if this all works Mexico will always hold a very special memory for me! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

Hi I would love if someone could confirm the following for me. If I arrived at the non-banned country on June 5th, can my attempted entry in the U.S. be on June 20th, or does it need to be on June 21st?

I think it is ok on the 20th cause we can't count the day of entry in Mexico neither the day of departure from Mexico. Let's see if anybody contradicts me...

55 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

Hi I would love if someone could confirm the following for me. If I arrived at the non-banned country on June 5th, can my attempted entry in the U.S. be on June 20th, or does it need to be on June 21st?

20th yes. You have to spend 14 whole days in a non-banned country.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Xurxo r said:

I got the same dates! So yes, you are correct (hopefully) 🤞🏽

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, Xurxo r said:

Correct. I arrived in Mexico May 5th and entered the US May 20th without a problem!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.