RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kay & Evan said:

Maybe they canceled I’m not sure either. I asked them 3 times today abouT the flights in June and they told me they are 100% confirmed until 30th June and will be adding more and update daily. 
I will be booking all my flights tomorrow through my travel agent and will check with them if they have any info about the flight for 6th June. I will book for 27 June so it gives me more than 14 days to stay in Serbia. 
will update if I have news!

What day are you flying to Serbia and what day to the US?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

I decided to do Croatia instead of Serbia or Mexico. I will be flying to Croatia tomorrow and then to NYC via Turkey on the 21st.

That sounds great!! Did you talk to Turkish airlines and asked them if your flight will actually take place? How big are chances that it might get canceled?

1 minute ago, Sarah84 said:

That sounds great!! Did you talk to Turkish airlines and asked them if your flight will actually take place? How big are chances that it might get canceled?

Yeah I called them yesterday they say the plan is to start flying the 10th and keep it going. They see no cancellations ahead on that route.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

Yeah I called them yesterday they say the plan is to start flying the 10th and keep it going. They see no cancellations ahead on that route.

Wow. I'm still so confused about Turkey. I just read in Forbes yesterday that Turkish Airlines plans to resume international flights to European destinations only, from June 18. No mention of flying to the USA...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriewerner/2020/06/03/turkish-airlines-resumes-international-flights-with-strict-anti-covid-19-procedures/#241dca0b1319

7 minutes ago, zrdn2019 said:

Wow. I'm still so confused about Turkey. I just read in Forbes yesterday that Turkish Airlines plans to resume international flights to European destinations only, from June 18. No mention of flying to the USA...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriewerner/2020/06/03/turkish-airlines-resumes-international-flights-with-strict-anti-covid-19-procedures/#241dca0b1319

I guess worst case I can try to do Croatia-Belgrade-NYC but we ll see, the agent i talked to said to check this website for updates: https://www.turkishairlines.com/es-es/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/cancelled-flights/ he also mentioned that you are not allowed to even transit Turkey if you have been in the Schengen Area in the past 14 days but I doubt anyone will have an issue with that since it is exactly what we are all trying to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

What day are you flying to Serbia and what day to the US?

I will book tomorrow Athens to Serbia 11 or 12 June (will decide tomorrow based on prices, time) and Serbia New York 27 June

i will keep you updated!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

I'm in Mexico-City!

Honestly still can't believe that I'm here. Stumbled upon this thread 3 weeks ago and now I actually did it. Thank you to all the people for your continuous support. 

Here's how it went:

Flight was packed, like as if there is no pandemic going on. Insane. KLM's service is great. Long flight but I had extra leg room so I was good hahaha. 

Then came immigration. Long line. The lady asked me why I'm here and for how long. I said I was staying with a friend for 2 weeks and then I'm flying to the US. Didn't have to show anything. Super easy and super relieved it went that smooth. 

So happy for you!!!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Xurxo r said:

I called them too last night and they said the same to me. But they also said that they cannot guarantee that those flights will actually happen. I think I will wait until the 10th and see if they are actually flying. If so, I will book a flight to Croatia for the 16th and then from Croatia to JFK via Istanbul for the 1st of July.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Laku said:

Oh, but I traveled to Croatia with a Shengen visa 🙂 

Additionally do you need to quarantine for 14 days in Croatia before you leave for USA ?

The US requires you to quarantine for 14 days in a Non-Schengen country. In Croatia you do not need to quarantine from the Croatian point of view.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.