RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, JamesK1 said:

I've just come through security in London Heathrow. I had a few issues at check in with KLM. He had a make a few phone calls to find out if I was allowed to travel, in the end he would only let me through if I bought a return ticket (scarily expensive but refundable). It's to cover them if I'm refused entry into Mexico or the USA as apparently they're then responsible for my return. 

I hope you have a safe flight! 

We have purchased a one way tickets.. but I hope they won’t ask as many questions as I will travel with my US passport... 

Seems that it’s all hit and miss at check in as the travel restrictions are so hazy! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

Here is my experience so far. Will keep updating.

Checked my luggage in at Amsterdam airport. Lady at check-in looked up online to see if there are any travel restrictions on Mexico. She said no, took my luggage and wished me a pleasant flight. Then at the passport check the guy asked why I'm going to Mexico, I responded with that I'm self-isolating for 14 days and he too wished me a pleasant flight. 

Boarding starts in 30 minutes. Will let you guys know in 13 hours whether I made it or not

Safe travels!!! You're almost there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have been in the same boat as everyone and desperate to find a way to get to my SO before my K1 expires.

I have been very hesitant to take the Mexico route because of the money needed for this type of trip and also the uncertainty it brings.

I have been following other options and today I fount another possible route that I am 95% sure it is valid (I have read all online information, contacted CBP, embasies and airports and either have got confirmation or am waiting for their response, so will update as soon as I have all the responses).

So:

Serbia has no entry restrictions

Serbia is not part of Schengen 

AirSerbia introduced DIRECT flights from Belgrade to New York every Wednesday and Saturday starting June 6th

https://www.airserbia.com/en/information/flights/relaunched-services-and-regular-flight-schedule/belgrade

Has anyone checked this route? 

In my case (leavig from Athens Greece) seems much cheaper and less risky

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Kay & Evan

1 hour ago, Kay & Evan said:

Hello everyone,

I have been in the same boat as everyone and desperate to find a way to get to my SO before my K1 expires.

I have been very hesitant to take the Mexico route because of the money needed for this type of trip and also the uncertainty it brings.

I have been following other options and today I fount another possible route that I am 95% sure it is valid (I have read all online information, contacted CBP, embasies and airports and either have got confirmation or am waiting for their response, so will update as soon as I have all the responses).

So:

AirSerbia introduced DIRECT flights from Belgrade to New York every Wednesday and Saturday starting June 6th

https://www.airserbia.com/en/information/flights/relaunched-services-and-regular-flight-schedule/belgrade

Good luck everyone!

I was looking at this route before we decided to go to Mexico. This was still in May, they did not have the flights to New York yet and also they postponed restarting flights within Europe so it was finally not an option, but now it seems to be a viable and possibly cheaper alternative.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone,

So:

Good luck everyone!

Thank you for sharing! From the latest update of the US Embassy in Serbia, "all COVID-19 related entry restrictions are lifted for both Serbian and foreign citizens. It is no longer necessary to have a negative PCR test or special permit to enter Serbia. The government of Serbia also abolished self-isolation requirements upon entry."  https://rs.usembassy.gov/serbia-covid-19-information/

Seems like a good option to fly to the US, especially with AirSerbia (and the plane ticket from Belgrade is not expensive). Personally I will be flying to Mexico in a few days but if anything goes wrong, this could be a back-up plan. 

Would you mind keeping us updated if you choose this route? Good luck and best wishes! 

Edited by dpnce

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

So:

Good luck everyone!

Please keep us updated!!! This option sounds like a dream! I am thinking about doing this too! Can you post the answer from the airport, embassy and CBP here, please? I would like to print them and take them with me if I choose this way.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Thank you for sharing! From the latest update of the US Embassy in Serbia, "all COVID-19 related entry restrictions are lifted for both Serbian and foreign citizens. It is no longer necessary to have a negative PCR test or special permit to enter Serbia. The government of Serbia also abolished self-isolation requirements upon entry."  https://rs.usembassy.gov/serbia-covid-19-information/

Seems like a good option to fly to the US, especially with AirSerbia (and the plane ticket from Belgrade is not expensive). Personally I will be flying to Mexico in a few days but if anything goes wrong, this could be a back-up plan. 

Would you mind keeping us updated if you choose this route? Good luck and best wishes! 

I was about to book my flight in Mexico too this morning when I found out about this! Good luck! I really think you wont have issues as it seems most people have no issues, I am just a bit of a chicken :P 

I spoke with Air serbia and they told me the flight they have on thir website for the month of June are 100% confirmed, but any flight after that, even if it seems available for booking is not confirmed, but they will be updating their website daily.

Also I just got a response from US Embassy in Belgrade and they said "Travel directly from Serbia to the US, and having not entered a Schengen country, the U.K., Ireland, Iran, Brazil, or China within 14 days is acceptable when requesting entry at the border."

I will update as I have more news / outcome.

Timeline
Just now, Sarah84 said:

Please keep us updated!!! This option sounds like a dream! I am thinking about doing this too! Can you post the answer from the airport, embassy and CBP here, please? I would like to print them and take them with me if I choose this way.

CBP and aiport was verbal, but I have an email from US Embassy in Belgrade that said "Travel directly from Serbia to the US, and having not entered a Schengen country, the U.K., Ireland, Iran, Brazil, or China within 14 days is acceptable when requesting entry at the border."

I have also sent an email to CBP but they have never responded to my previous emails so not sure they will respond to that either.

6 hours ago, Ja3germeister said:

Quick question. At Mexican immigration, when you were asked the reason for your travel, what did you respond with?

I said I came to see my fiancée, then he asked me how long was I staying, I said two weeks, he sealed my passport and let me go without an issue. Good luck with your trip!

Timeline

CBP and aiport was verbal, but I have an email from US Embassy in Belgrade that said "Travel directly from Serbia to the US, and having not entered a Schengen country, the U.K., Ireland, Iran, Brazil, or China within 14 days is acceptable when requesting entry at the border."

I have also sent an email to CBP but they have never responded to my previous emails so not sure they will respond to that either.

Thank you! I just looked at their website, and there is no flight on the 6th of June, only on the 13th. Is it possible that they are postponing their flights?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

Thank you! I just looked at their website, and there is no flight on the 6th of June, only on the 13th. Is it possible that they are postponing their flights?

Did you check here? https://www.airserbia.com/en/information/flights/relaunched-services-and-regular-flight-schedule/belgrade

they have one fligfht 6 June Belgrade to New York at 13:15 

edit to add: you are correct! there is no option to book. maybe it is full already? not sure. Rest of dates have availability when you try to book (13-17-20-24-27 June)

Edited by Kay & Evan

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Did you check here? https://www.airserbia.com/en/information/flights/relaunched-services-and-regular-flight-schedule/belgrade

they have one fligfht 6 June Belgrade to New York at 13:15 

edit to add: you are correct! there is no option to book. maybe it is full already? not sure. Rest of dates have availability when you try to book (13-17-20-24-27 June)

That is weird! I cannot imagine that the flight is full! Maybe they canceled it?! I am afraid that I will book a flight with them, and that they will cancel it too!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

That is weird! I cannot imagine that the flight is full! Maybe they canceled it?! I am afraid that I will book a flight with them, and that they will cancel it too!

Maybe they canceled I’m not sure either. I asked them 3 times today abouT the flights in June and they told me they are 100% confirmed until 30th June and will be adding more and update daily. 
I will be booking all my flights tomorrow through my travel agent and will check with them if they have any info about the flight for 6th June. I will book for 27 June so it gives me more than 14 days to stay in Serbia. 
will update if I have news!

4 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Maybe they canceled I’m not sure either. I asked them 3 times today abouT the flights in June and they told me they are 100% confirmed until 30th June and will be adding more and update daily. 
I will be booking all my flights tomorrow through my travel agent and will check with them if they have any info about the flight for 6th June. I will book for 27 June so it gives me more than 14 days to stay in Serbia. 
will update if I have news!

You can use this tool to check availability and see if it’s full or how many seats are left

https://flightavailability.bcdtravel.com/OnlineInfo/En/MnAvlForm_ver.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.