RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Even with going from AMS it is 2200€ :( I can't believe some flights were about 400€ only 2 days ago...now it seems I can't find any like those anymore

Are you doing a one way ticket or return ticket? One way is very expensive. I booked a round-trip and just won't use the return leg if all goes well.

Edited by Kaatje

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Even with going from AMS it is 2200€ :( I can't believe some flights were about 400€ only 2 days ago...now it seems I can't find any like those anymore

It depends on the day you are flying! I wanted to fly on the 16th, the flight was like 2000 Euros. Now I am flying on the 17th for 640 Euros. You have to try different days.

17 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

It depends on the day you are flying! I wanted to fly on the 16th, the flight was like 2000 Euros. Now I am flying on the 17th for 640 Euros. You have to try different days.

That's probably because KLM does not fly that route on Tuesday, as far as I know they fly Wednesday and Saturday. Also, I suggest getting a multi-city ticket - you can get for a reasonable increase in price - flying from Europe to MEX and then back from wherever you will be in the US at a later date, plus due to covid, I believe you can change dates for free.

On 6/2/2020 at 5:09 AM, dpnce said:

Please allow me to step in, I am using sendmybag.com to ship 2 large suitcases and it costs me around 300 bucks for the 2 of them (up to 30 kilos each). Shipping takes around 3-4 working days - they use DHL - and it’s a door-to-door delivery service :) 

I believe there are some posts/threads in the forum where people talk about their sendmybag experience

I used SendMyBag 3 times already, they are super reliable and fast :)  2 suitcases already arrived in US in only 3 days, the other one was send yesterday and it is on its way. I shipped 2 from Ireland and 1 from France, around 150eur each 30kgs suitcase! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The pain I've been feeling these past few days has been too much for me to take. I'm really happy that this travel worked out well for everyone else, but I can't bear to read them any longer.

Here's what KLM responded to me for those interested:

"You were denied boarding on the above mentioned flight due to internal information of entry restrictions. I would like to inform you that pursuant to national and international law, every airline has an obligation to verify whether the passenger is in possession of valid travel documents and visa(s) and whether the passengers meet the conditions that are required to cross foreign border(s).An airline may be held responsible by immigration authorities in the event a passenger carried by the airline is refused entry at the border due to an unjustified purpose and/or conditions of intended stay and/or incorrect travel documents."

did have all the valid travel documents. I still don't understand why I was denied. I'm struggling to cope with it all.

I'm sure everyone else will be fine, just follow my guide .

Good luck. This will probably be my final message here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
45 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

The pain I've been feeling these past few days has been too much for me to take. I'm really happy that this travel worked out well for everyone else, but I can't bear to read them any longer.

did have all the valid travel documents. I still don't understand why I was denied. I'm struggling to cope with it all.

Don’t give up! Try again! 

1 hour ago, thisguyflies said:

Are they still refusing to refund you?

If yes, I would send them a more “legal sounding” email and if that doesn’t help, then get a lawyer to send them a letter. They will not want to go into a legal battle.

I once had a dispute with Lufthansa and when I told them they can either refund me the compensation I’m entitled to or I will take legal steps, their next reply was to send my account details.

Also, I think Lufthansa is starting flights to Mexico City in June, so you could try with them instead.

2 hours ago, thisguyflies said:

I am sure you are already stressed out about all this but, if it was me, taking in consideration all the successful messages of people who managed to travel to Mexico, I would seek legal advice and open a lawsuit against KLM on that matter.

I am sure KLM knows they fxcked up badly not letting you board and, as they cant tell you that they fxcked up, they are keeping the same story until you give up.   

I do not know in UK, but in Ireland most of lawyers provide a free first consultation and if you have a case they will take it. It might be worth it check it.

Edited by RFOM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, RFOM said:

I am sure you are already stressed out about all this but, if it was me, taking in consideration all the successful messages of people who managed to travel to Mexico, I would seek legal advice and open a lawsuit against KLM on that matter.

I am sure KLM knows they fxcked up badly not letting you board and, as they cant tell you that they fxcked up, they are keeping the same story until you give up.   

I do not know in UK, but in Ireland most of lawyers provide a free first consultation and if you have a case they will take it. It might be worth it check it.

I totally agree with you! I’d even go to the media and all, spread the word about their misinformation, Twitter, all social media, make them look bad and fight for my business, they were wrong for not letting you in! You didn’t do anything wrong. 

I've just come through security in London Heathrow. I had a few issues at check in with KLM. He had a make a few phone calls to find out if I was allowed to travel, in the end he would only let me through if I bought a return ticket (scarily expensive but refundable). It's to cover them if I'm refused entry into Mexico or the USA as apparently they're then responsible for my return. 

15 hours ago, SBML said:

Hey, new user here. First of all I just want to thank the brave people who already did this. You gave me confidence to do it too, and I already am in Cancún, so I thought of sharing my experience too, as the ones I read here helped me, I hope I can be of help for other people too.

The trip I did was from Barcelona to Amsterdam and then Mexico City through KLM, and then to Cancún through AeroMexico. I don't have enough good words for the KLM staff, they were very helpful from start to finish. On the counter they just asked me my reason for travelling, I told them that was to see my fiancée, the woman asked another one if that was ok and got the confirmation that there's no restrictions in Mexico and I was good to go. I also checked 2 big bags without an issue. There in Amsterdam they only checked my passport and let me continue to take the next flight without a problem. Both flights were super chill, on the longest one they handle a bag full of snacks and drinks plus in the middle of the flight they give you a hot meal. During the arrival to Mexico, you have to fill and handle 2 papers to the officers there, one about the coronavirus and the other classic inmigration stuff, and they also ask the reason to be there, how long are you gonna stay and thats it. Then to travel to Cancún or any other place, they ask to fill again that coronavirus form and check the body temp just in case, but after that all was good, all the flights were easy to take. The only minor problem that I had is that I forgot to grab a pen to fill out the forms, but one person from KLM gave me one when I asked, so don't forget that!

Good luck to everyone else flying soon!

Quick question. At Mexican immigration, when you were asked the reason for your travel, what did you respond with?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.