RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
46 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Your fiancée's flight is in 2 days! Have you heard anything from the airline company? 

KLM sent her an email on what to expect from the flight, masks, food, etc. I checked the flight status it is still confirmed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey y'all! I have a question for anyone who already went to Mexico City. I'm looking at a flight that goes from Istanbule to Mexico City has a layover of 2:30 hr there and then I would fly from Mexico City to Cancun. I was wondering if the 2:30 hr would be enough time to go through customs/immigrations and then on the other flight? (I asume I have to go through customs in Mexico City). Also this would be in the middle of the night (at like 3am). What do you guys think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fenja said:

Hey y'all! I have a question for anyone who already went to Mexico City. I'm looking at a flight that goes from Istanbule to Mexico City has a layover of 2:30 hr there and then I would fly from Mexico City to Cancun. I was wondering if the 2:30 hr would be enough time to go through customs/immigrations and then on the other flight? (I asume I have to go through customs in Mexico City). Also this would be in the middle of the night (at like 3am). What do you guys think?

Can you take a flight that doesn’t land this late? Sounds dangerous. Or try to find a hotel room at Mexico City airport and stay there overnight if need be. 2 hours transit could be fine and yes, you’d have to go through Mexican customs immigration and maybe even baggage claim. But maybe take a flight via AMS that doesn’t land this late in Mexico. 

Edited by Lskifghj

1 hour ago, Fenja said:

Immigration for us took 5 minutes, there was no line as we were one of the first to get off the plane, however as we were leaving there was already a long line behind us from the rest of the airplane. Somebody here I believe posted before that they had a hard time in immigration and were kept there for very long.

As far as the layover goes, is the connecting flight in Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, will your luggage be checked all the way through, or will you have to go through check in and security again?
We had a connecting flight next day, because as far as I understand after arriving after 8 pm via AMS, there aren’t many options for connections, our was next day at 1pm, so we stayed overnight in Airport Hilton. Next day, the longest it took for us was to take our luggage from the hotel in Terminal 1 via Aerotrain to Terminal 2, drop the luggage at check in as it was all the way at the other end. Then going through security was fast, there was hardly anyone there. They just keep checking your temperature at almost every door you go through, and you have to fill in a COVID Declaration for every flight, but otherwise we didn’t see any crowds and didn’t have to wait anywhere.

If you land at 3 am and your connecting flight is around 5-6am, I think you should be fine, I don’t see how a night flight in the airport is dangerous. Only thing is I would think probably everything will be closed so you wouldn’t be able to buy any drinks or food.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reading everyone’s experiences and seeing quite a few of us in Europe flying to Mexico really helps my nerves! There’s some pretty irrelevant and unhelpful comments sometimes on some threads, but threads like these are so helpful! 

Anyone in Mexico or planning to go to Mexico in the coming weeks I’m thinking of all of you!

I’m going to do LHR-AMS-MEX on Wednesday. I have a hotel sorted around 30 mins from the airport and they have confirmed via email they are accepting bookings if they are not for tourism/ leisure purposes. 

Hopefully my anxiousness calms down for a few days because I haven’t slept properly in 4 days now 😅

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

My fiancee and her son are leaving tomorrow and I leave also tomorrow. I have sometimes felt sick to my stomach in worries these last few days. After cheering everyone else on now I am facing the reality of we going into situations we have no control over, but we are going through. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

My fiancee and her son are leaving tomorrow and I leave also tomorrow. I have sometimes felt sick to my stomach in worries these last few days. After cheering everyone else on now I am facing the reality of we going into situations we have no control over, but we are going through. 

Fingers crossed for all of you! I can completely relate I have barely eaten for 2 days.

We all feel incredibly anxious of the unknown, but the second you all step over the border the relief will be immense! 
I am sure we are all going to be just fine (but we can all bite our nails down to the bone while we wait, just in case 🤪)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, RD7712 said:

I am sending lots of good vibes to you and all of the VJ members travelling this week! You can do it. 

Also, thank you for this thread. It has been very helpful and insightful thanks to everyone who shared their experience and/or supportiveness! 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

I’m going this Friday!! I read on Facebook about 2 other girls from Germany who got into the US this past weekend! They had no problems whatsoever. Fingers crossed for us 🐌🐌🐌

That gives me a nice feeling!

I hope you have a safe flight! 

15 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

I'll be flying tomorrow as well. I am starting to get pretty nervous as well. I just hope it will all be a quick and smooth experience for me and for all y'all. I'm just still mainly nervous about the fact that everybody that did get into Mexico has a K-1 visa and I have a J-1. I really hope it's not any different to the Mexican immigration 😢🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

I'll be flying tomorrow as well. I am starting to get pretty nervous as well. I just hope it will all be a quick and smooth experience for me and for all y'all. I'm just still mainly nervous about the fact that everybody that did get into Mexico has a K-1 visa and I have a J-1. I really hope it's not any different to the Mexican immigration 😢🤞

Any good airlines/ flights website where I could still find a good deal to go to Mexico as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Any good airlines/ flights website where I could still find a good deal to go to Mexico as well?

I booked with Aeromexico AMS-MEX-CUN for the 20th. The prices are pretty cheap, especially compared to KLM. The exact same flight with KLM was twice as expensive.

https://aeromexico.com/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

I booked with Aeromexico AMS-MEX-CUN for the 20th. The prices are pretty cheap, especially compared to KLM. The exact same flight with KLM was twice as expensive.

Thank you SO MUCH!!! Will look again cause from Paris there are no flights with them apparently. I hope I still can find a good deal! If I do it would be Thanks to you ;)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

Even with going from AMS it is 2200€ :( I can't believe some flights were about 400€ only 2 days ago...now it seems I can't find any like those anymore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.