RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 5/31/2020 at 12:59 PM, dpnce said:

My flight is on June 8, CDG (Paris)-AMS-MEX. If you decide to go ahead with the booking, we will probably be on the same flight to Mexico! 

My fiancé is also from France and will be in MEX if you need a contact or anything. His flight is Friday!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

For those of us flying this week to Mexico, there is a chance of a tropical storm developing in the southern region of Mexico. I suggests regularly check your flights to see if there are any cancellations.  

two_atl_2d0.png

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A couple of quick questions...

1. has anyone who’s flown from London -> Amsterdam -> Mexico done so with luggage?

2. does anyone think that flights from Mexico to the US are at risk of being banned due to the increasing number of cases in Mexico?

1 hour ago, cadr said:

1. has anyone who’s flown from London -> Amsterdam -> Mexico done so with luggage?

2. does anyone think that flights from Mexico to the US are at risk of being banned due to the increasing number of cases in Mexico?

1. I believe @Smokey Bear did

2. No one knows for sure. It could happen, it could not happen. The way I see it is they have been focusing on land borders all this time, and air travel has never been affected. Also, Mexico wants to revive their tourism industry. First for domestic tourists and then for American tourists. That gives me hope they won't expand the ban to air travel.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

2. No one knows for sure. It could happen, it could not happen. The way I see it is they have been focusing on land borders all this time, and air travel has never been affected. Also, Mexico wants to revive their tourism industry. First for domestic tourists and then for American tourists. That gives me hope they won't expand the ban to air travel.

(2) That's kind of what I was thinking - if they were going to, they probably would have by now!

I think I'll be attempting the LHR -> AMS -> MEX journey on the 6th. Trying to work out whether it's worth taking my luggage or getting it shipped (which will cost more, take longer, but might increase my chances!)

There are so many things to gamble! 😅  Wishing everyone luck who's attempting it this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
28 minutes ago, cadr said:

(2) That's kind of what I was thinking - if they were going to, they probably would have by now!

I think I'll be attempting the LHR -> AMS -> MEX journey on the 6th. Trying to work out whether it's worth taking my luggage or getting it shipped (which will cost more, take longer, but might increase my chances!)

There are so many things to gamble! 😅  Wishing everyone luck who's attempting it this week!

Shipping only takes a few days and allows you to fly with a cheaper airline because you don't have to deal with luggage restrictions, so you'd save on flights. :P

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Shipping only takes a few days and allows you to fly with a cheaper airline because you don't have to deal with luggage restrictions, so you'd save on flights. :P

@sl1pstream do you have any recommendations for shipping? The quotes I've found so far have been more expensive than flying (I have large 4 bags) but this would be a much more convenient option if I could find a good service!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
38 minutes ago, cadr said:

Keep us updated and good luck! 

I am still deliberating the same journey but more likely on 10 June. I’d be really interested to hear how your flying experience is. 

We will certainly be travelling with luggage however I have drawn the line at my fiancé’s golf clubs because I think that’s just taking the p*** really 😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, cadr said:

@sl1pstream do you have any recommendations for shipping? The quotes I've found so far have been more expensive than flying (I have large 4 bags) but this would be a much more convenient option if I could find a good service!

Please allow me to step in, I am using sendmybag.com to ship 2 large suitcases and it costs me around 300 bucks for the 2 of them (up to 30 kilos each). Shipping takes around 3-4 working days - they use DHL - and it’s a door-to-door delivery service :) 

I believe there are some posts/threads in the forum where people talk about their sendmybag experience

Edited by dpnce

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ja3germeister said:

I second this! Also, all eyes are (unfortunately) on the protests all over the US right now. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Please allow me to step in, I am using sendmybag.com to ship 2 large suitcases and it costs me around 300 bucks for the 2 of them (up to 30 kilos each). Shipping takes around 3-4 working days - they use DHL - and it’s a door-to-door delivery service :) 

I believe there are some posts/threads in the forum where people talk about their sendmybag experience

Thank you!! I will definitely check this out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, cadr said:

Yeah, I have. With 1 massive holdall bag and one medium holdall bag for cabin.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

This is the latest tracking of the formation of a tropical storm moving into the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. 

cone graphic

Timeline
15 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

This is the latest tracking of the formation of a tropical storm moving into the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. 

cone graphic

Your fiancée's flight is in 2 days! Have you heard anything from the airline company? 

Edited by dpnce

13 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Your fiancée's flight is in 2 days! Have you heard anything from the airline company? 

Doubt they would cancel the flight. I looked up the flight route from AMS to MEX and the storm isn't in the way Thursday. For the weekend, however, it could be a problem as the plane flies over the Gulf of Mexico

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.