RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am sorry. I cannot post a better picture. I have a shitty phone. I went to the website of the Mexican embassy in Germany (found it via google) and then I chose "Deutsch". I found it there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/alemania/index.php/de/ There is a slideshow of 4 pictures; it's the third picture.

what kind of...no, you know what? I'm very used to the world being this incompetent by now. I hope the one Mexican dude that knew javascript in 2005 got paid well when he made this website.

Here's the image for anyone else looking:

396369159_MexicoEmbassyMessage.PNG.1ec6b848a721e0c863d6cfbaa7d584ec.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

There’s hope everyone! Europe travel ban might be lifted soon 

US Travel, Great News: Trump Says Europe Arrivals Soon Welcome

https://apple.news/Anpf7z4B7RCqOMT7ou430Lg

U.S. travel will soon be possible for some travelers from Europe says Donald Trump. President Trump says the U.S. plans to “open up” to travelers arriving from low-risk countries in Europe and elsewhere. This means many Europeans may soon be able to plan American vacations or business trips.

Trump’s travel ban has put a block on all travelers coming from 26 European countries as well as the U.K. and Ireland since March 13. Not just European citizens and residents, but anyone who has set foot in those places in the previous fortnight.

Speaking of the new Brazil flight ban on Wednesday, President Trump indicated the Europe travel restrictions will soon ease. At least for some arrivals. Travelers coming from countries with low Covid-19 risk profiles will be given the green light first he hinted.

“Certain announcements on countries including Europe” are to come Trump said. “Where they’re starting to make progress we’ll open it up. But only where they’re making progress ... They’re making some good progress. So are we.”

First unfurled for a 30 day period, then extended indefinitely, the ban has stopped hundreds of thousands of travelers in Europe from visiting America for leisure, work or family reasons. At the same it’s complicated the lives of many people who have a transatlantic existence. Though don’t necessarily have double citizenship or permanent residency.

The idea was to prevent travelers coming into the U.S. from Covid-19 hotspots. Which Europe was at the time. Now with travel restrictions across Europe tumbling to make way for summer tourism, it’s only natural the U.S. looks to easing the rules, and rekindling Europe flights.

It won’t necessarily be reciprocal. While Europe’s internal border controls are ending, there is still doubt as to whether the EU’s external borders will open to foreigners on June 15. Given the U.S. is seen as a high-risk country, some European states don’t plan to allow American tourists at the outset as they open up to tourism. Others are yet to give details.

As to the U.K. there’s even talk of Americans dodging the British quarantine on arrival. With a bilateral deal to enable people to travel between the two over coming weeks. The exemption is yet to be announced however, with the quarantine measures starting on June 8.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

U.S. travel will soon be possible for some travelers from Europe says Donald Trump. President Trump says the U.S. plans to “open up” to travelers arriving from low-risk countries in Europe and elsewhere. This means many Europeans may soon be able to plan American vacations or business trips.

Trump’s travel ban has put a block on all travelers coming from 26 European countries as well as the U.K. and Ireland since March 13. Not just European citizens and residents, but anyone who has set foot in those places in the previous fortnight.

Speaking of the new Brazil flight ban on Wednesday, President Trump indicated the Europe travel restrictions will soon ease. At least for some arrivals. Travelers coming from countries with low Covid-19 risk profiles will be given the green light first he hinted.

“Certain announcements on countries including Europe” are to come Trump said. “Where they’re starting to make progress we’ll open it up. But only where they’re making progress ... They’re making some good progress. So are we.”

First unfurled for a 30 day period, then extended indefinitely, the ban has stopped hundreds of thousands of travelers in Europe from visiting America for leisure, work or family reasons. At the same it’s complicated the lives of many people who have a transatlantic existence. Though don’t necessarily have double citizenship or permanent residency.

The idea was to prevent travelers coming into the U.S. from Covid-19 hotspots. Which Europe was at the time. Now with travel restrictions across Europe tumbling to make way for summer tourism, it’s only natural the U.S. looks to easing the rules, and rekindling Europe flights.

It won’t necessarily be reciprocal. While Europe’s internal border controls are ending, there is still doubt as to whether the EU’s external borders will open to foreigners on June 15. Given the U.S. is seen as a high-risk country, some European states don’t plan to allow American tourists at the outset as they open up to tourism. Others are yet to give details.

As to the U.K. there’s even talk of Americans dodging the British quarantine on arrival. With a bilateral deal to enable people to travel between the two over coming weeks. The exemption is yet to be announced however, with the quarantine measures starting on June 8.

I wonder if France is considered as one of those 'low risk European countries' tho...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Did he make it?

Yes! He's at the airbnb he booked in Mexico City. When I get more details I'll post it here.

Just now, Kaatje said:

Yes! He's at the airbnb he booked in Mexico City. When I get more details I'll post it here.

YESSS!!! Amazing news! For him and for us. Yes if you could describe the entire process at the airport that would be much appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

I read it too!!! Just wondering, did I understand that last paragraph correctly - As to the U.K. there’s even talk of Americans dodging the British quarantine on arrival. With a bilateral deal to enable people to travel between the two over coming weeks. The exemption is yet to be announced however, with the quarantine measures starting on June 8.

would that mean, I could travel to the UK, quarantine there and fly to the US?? Or is it just me and wishful thinking?! 🙈🐥

Edited by Leah88

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

Awesome!

10 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

I read it too!!! Just wondering, did I understand that last paragraph correctly - As to the U.K. there’s even talk of Americans dodging the British quarantine on arrival. With a bilateral deal to enable people to travel between the two over coming weeks. The exemption is yet to be announced however, with the quarantine measures starting on June 8.

would that mean, I could travel to the UK, quarantine there and fly to the US?? Or is it just me and wishful thinking?! 🙈🐥

I guess we will find out more details soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

Awesome!

It's actually @Smokey Bearfrom VJ. He has trouble logging on, some password issue. Hopefully he'll be able to log on soon and report about his journey himself 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok...let me tell you what's been happening today.

I arrived back at Manchester airport this morning at 7:00am with all my evidence for travel being open to Mexico. I spoke with the KLM representative about what happened yesterday. They were understanding, and could see that I had the evidence to show. The person I spoke with yesterday was not there, but they said they'd contact them today about what happened, as one of the big problems was that my booking had no notes on it about refunding my ticket (like they told me it would.) They checked my booking and amended the note about the refund. I was then able to get their personal number, and couldn't do much but wait back home when they knew more from the person yesterday who wasn't there now.

A few hours pass, and I get a call from them saying that the reason I can't travel is this email update KLM have supposedly received from "immigration" (unspecified). I asked for a copy of this email, which they only allowed a short portion of as it's an "internal email" blah...

Here's what it said:

"  Dear [name]

According to immigration, they state the following:

·         The country is not open for tourism 

·         A select number of hotels are open for essential guest (like our crew hotels)

·         Passengers do not have enough documentation to prove the purpose of their stay in MEX

According to this message from the Mexican immigration, if there is a passenger travelling for tourism purposes they would be refused.

Your travel with KLM would be classified as tourism. This is due to you staying in Mexico for at least 14 days before continuing your journey. Hence your reason for travel would not be valid to enter Mexico.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards
[name]   "

Confusion is all I feel at this point. I am literally holding the information saying the country is open for tourism. I have accommodation through a friend's personal apartment, not a hotel. I have the K1 visa and flight out of Mexico booked along with a lot evidence from consulates, embassy's etc. What on earth is going on??

I call KLM again. Eventually get through to someone and first explain the refund and guess what? Again, no notes on the booking stating a full refund. I have a recording of my phone conversation saying that I can...but anyway....I give KLM the phone number they gave me at Manchester airport and who to talk with. They call them. After a while on hold again, they confirm that I am getting a refund (it's processing, so let's wait and see how successful that is, but I got a confirmation email).

Ok, so hopefully that's sorted out, but what about the Mexico travel situation that they're talking about in this email? I ask about that, and the response is one gigantic confusing mess. To sum up: they say it would be the airport's policy on restricting the travel...except the airport told me to call KLM who tell me to ask the airport who tell me to ask KLM...around and around in circles I go. I try to get some form of official statement from them, which they can't do. They suggest I write to them requesting something like that...

This is ridiculous. Nobody has any idea what's going on at all and nobody can help me. I'm certain this mysterious email is not real. It's not truthful to the immigration laws in Mexico.

Moreover, I see how @Kaatje's partner had the same journey successfully? I'm happy for them, but where's the consistency of information? The only real difference I can see is Manchester Airport being brainless...but with this email from supposed "immigration" within KLM I have no idea what to think anymore.

Where my thinking is at now: pray that UK > US borders open soon as implied here or book another flight to Mexico some other time but 100% NOT from Manchester. Either London or finding an alternate route to Amsterdam if I can....

I just want to be with my fiancee, I miss her so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.