RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Thank you so much for the details! Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow, can you please keep us posted?

One question: May I ask you why one must not travel with any checked bag? 

To travel with a checked bag is to talk with the check in staff. Avoid talking to these people at all cost. Nothing to check in? Boarding card printed? Health forms printed, filled out and signed? You'll likely go straight through to security.

Worst case scenario: security tells you to go talk with the check in people first, but if you have everything ready there's no need.

The reason I played by the rules was that I expected some form of approval or screening at check in. Nope. Avoid, avoid, avoid! Just go to security with your carry on and be prepared to be questioned at the gate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Well as that option is closed others are opening up....you can still travel through Cyprus https://www.france24.com/en/20200522-cyprus-ends-passenger-flights-ban-from-june-9-with-conditions

Most of the flights still stop over in Turkey but I can imagine 14 days in Cyprus with very affordable hotels.

@thisguyflies must have been very tough for you. 

@ashp65 your visa is still valid till September alot can happen before then.

One might be able to travel to Cyprus as soon as they reopen but the issue would be flying from there without transiting through the Schengen area or UK, when it will be the time to travel to the US.

Also and at the moment, Turkish Airlines - most flights via Turkey are operated by them - does not plan to resume travels to the US :( https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/turkish-airlines-plans-to-resume-limited-number-of-flights-in-june-36064 via @zrdn2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, ashp65 said:

@Sparkle Sparkle our visa expires 23rd June 😔

I'm right there with you. My fiance's k-1 expires June 21. :( I've accepted the reality that it's going to expire, and my worry now has shifted to what we will have to go through to get a new one issued to him. I have no idea what to expect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
20 minutes ago, zrdn2019 said:

I'm right there with you. My fiance's k-1 expires June 21. :( I've accepted the reality that it's going to expire, and my worry now has shifted to what we will have to go through to get a new one issued to him. I have no idea what to expect.

That's why I decided to do the Mexico way. I'm just so worried Trump will put some more 'stop the immigration' measures in place like he did with the Executive order and maybe make a visa re-issue not possible.... And maybe nothing like that will happen, but with this president you just can't tell.....😟

Edited by Kaatje

Timeline
45 minutes ago, zrdn2019 said:

26 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

That's why I decided to do the Mexico way. I'm just so worried Trump will put some more 'stop the immigration' measures in place like he did with the Executive order and maybe make a visa re-issue not possible.... And maybe nothing like that will happen, but with this president you just can't tell.....😟

I understand that your anxiety is overloading right now, but I would think that the US dismissing visa re-issuance are an unlikely scenario - especially for family based cases. From what I've seen, most US embassy's have provides measures in place to instruct visa holders on how to apply for re-issuance. They wouldn't have done this unless they wanted it as a valid alternative for people like us. I just can't see the current administration undoing any past decisions any time soon....both for better and for worse. 

It's semi reassuring that orange mans policies lay deeply within the economy, and whether the US gov likes it or not, US immigration employees are US citizen jobs. To pull visa and immigration processing would leave a nasty scar on this guys "Reopening America" plan and reelection reputation. A quick search just told me that there's 19,000 USCIS employees. If this goes away, you'll have a lot of angry, unemployed US citizens blaming Cheeto man.

Obviously, I'm speculating, but this is what I believe given the state of things as of 28/05/2020.

@zrdn2019I agree, your fiancee should seriously consider the Mexico option if at all possible. Look through my previous posts for advice on how to do that (and read about how much of a disappointment today was for me)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

I agree, your fiancee should seriously consider the Mexico option if at all possible. Look through my previous posts for advice on how to do that (and read about how much of a disappointment today was for me)

Hi--yeah, I read about what you went through today and that's just unbelievable. How completely disheartening for you.

Believe me, I've tried to convince my fiance to go the Mexico route but he was having none of it. "Risk taker" is the last description I would ever use for him. 🙃 And at this point he would need to be there by June 7, and that's impossible for him given what he needs to take care of before moving.

Timeline
1 minute ago, zrdn2019 said:

Hi--yeah, I read about what you went through today and that's just unbelievable. How completely disheartening for you.

Believe me, I've tried to convince my fiance to go the Mexico route but he was having none of it. "Risk taker" is the last description I would ever use for him. 🙃 And at this point he would need to be there by June 7, and that's impossible for him given what he needs to take care of before moving.

Understandable. I'm lucky in the sense that I can drop everything right now and do these journeys. It's also my belief that there's thing you can control and things you cannot. Going to Mexico to eventually be with your fiancee is a thing you can control. Waiting to see what happens is not. Life is a risk. This likely doesn't help in convincing him to do it, but there's ample opportunity to get there by June 7 if he is able to. No matter what happens, best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This is from the website of the Mexican embassy in Berlin/Germany. I took the screenshot a couple minutes ago.

Screenshot_20200528-200137.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

This is from the website of the Mexican embassy in Berlin/Germany. I took the screenshot a couple minutes ago.

Screenshot_20200528-200137.png

Can I swear on this forum? I can't, can I? In any case, you can probably all read my thoughts toward KLM right now...

Thanks for this, though. I'll print it out to show them tomorrow.

edit: could you upload in higher resolution?

Edited by thisguyflies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Can I swear on this forum? I can't, can I? In any case, you can probably all read my thoughts toward KLM right now...

Thanks for this, though. I'll print it out to show them tomorrow.

edit: could you upload in higher resolution?

That sucks. You were victim of extremely stupid people at the airport :(

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

That sucks. You were victim of extremely stupid people at the airport :(

Don't worry, I'm getting my hair styled like this in preparation for tomorrow.   

Also, for anyone else looking for it, here's the HQ image of the email @Sarah84 supplied, and here's where it's from.

EDIT: and here's the UK version of that site.

Edited by thisguyflies

Timeline

Interesting to note on the Mexican embassy website:

"In line with the recommendation of the European Commission, entry to the Netherlands on non-essential travel is prohibited until June 15.

But as AMS has sterile transit, you don't actually enter the Netherlands when landing from abroad so uhh...man, my head hurts thinking about these loopholes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

That's a different image. The image that @Sarah84 provided says:

Screenshot_20200528-113041_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b34c5dd993957d510ac816d66f4afe19.jpg

Oops, you're right. I'm struggling to find a full HQ version of that email. Please share if you have it. The link @Sarah84 provided doesn't appear to show it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.