RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I checked online and the US is not allowing any non-essential travel into the US from Mexico. 

Those rules apply to land entry:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/24/2020-06217/notification-of-temporary-travel-restrictions-applicable-to-land-ports-of-entry-and-ferries-service

Flying to the US from MX is allowed. Ela's post from this thread:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So does anyone have a definitive plan to get their fiancé here? I checked online and the US is not allowing any non-essential travel into the US from Mexico. 

I have booked a flight for my fiancee and her son to travel to Mexico City and I will meet them there, spend 15 days and travel to the USA.

There is someone else currently there now getting close to finishing the 14 days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
31 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

I have booked a flight for my fiancee and her son to travel to Mexico City and I will meet them there, spend 15 days and travel to the USA.

There is someone else currently there now getting close to finishing the 14 days. 

Nice, good luck!! When are you flying out?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Another couple traveling from Spain stayed in Mexico for 15 days and are traveling to the US today! I’ll keep you all posted. They‘re both entering with an EB-3 visa. Their POE will be Miami

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Another couple traveling from Spain stayed in Mexico for 15 days and are traveling to the US today! I’ll keep you all posted. They‘re both entering with an EB-3 visa. Their POE will be Miami

Thank you Ela! My POE will be Miami so definitely closely following this.

Timeline
On 5/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, zrdn2019 said:

You saw a direct flight from Zagreb to Florida? 😮 On what airline?

Regarding Turkey, I don't know what the deal is. I see international flights posted for Turkish Airlines after May 28, but then I read that Turkey plans to re-start air travel to 19 countries, and the US is NOT one of those 19 countries. So I'm thoroughly confused.

https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/turkish-airlines-plans-to-resume-limited-number-of-flights-in-june-36064

5 hours ago, Lskifghj said:

I second this. However, I think I’ve seen flights Croatia - Turkey - US but double check again. 

There are some flights Croatia - Turkey - US on Google flights but as @zrdn2019 said, unfortunately the US is not part of the 19 countries where Turkey plans to re-start air travel :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, dpnce said:

There are some flights Croatia - Turkey - US on Google flights but as @zrdn2019 said, unfortunately the US is not part of the 19 countries where Turkey plans to re-start air travel :( 

But why would they show Turkey - US flights then?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

But why would they show Turkey - US flights then?

I don't know, this is a question I would like to be able to answer but I cannot. It's like hotels in Mexico City that show up on Booking.com but that we cannot book unless for "business" reasons  😬

Edited by dpnce

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lskifghj said:

Nice, good luck!! When are you flying out?

Mexico City.

2 hours ago, Leah88 said:

Good luck to you 🍀 I enjoy your updates and wish you guys all the best!! You guys look so adorable in your picture 🙈 I had to tell you, it’s super cute

Thank you for the kind words!

Timeline
1 hour ago, dpnce said:

Thank you Ela! My POE will be Miami so definitely closely following this.

Our POE is Miami too.

I did it! I booked my flight to Mexico as well. June 4th from Amsterdam to Mexico-City, staying in an Airbnb in Polanco, flying out June 19th to Florida. Anybody that will be in Mexico-City during those days, hit me up because I for sure am going to be bored :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ja3germeister said:

I did it! I booked my flight to Mexico as well. June 4th from Amsterdam to Mexico-City, staying in an Airbnb in Polanco, flying out June 19th to Florida. Anybody that will be in Mexico-City during those days, hit me up because I for sure am going to be bored :)

So you’re not going to Cancun? Congrats on booking your ticket!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.