RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Aruba is tentatively going to open up their borders for incoming passengers between June 15 to July 1.

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ririwoo37 said:

Thank you dear for ur reply! I am a K1 holder, I was thinking if I stay inside the, airport for 14 days not passing the immigration like that movie with Tom Hanks

Thank you so much, I have a K1 though, wish we did the Spouse visa now! Lol

😁😁😁😁 The things we do for love

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

There is also the possibility of going on a cruise not on a cruise ship, but commercial freight ship. One can be in international waters for many days. Some of these have ports in UK and Germany. Below is the link if anyone is interested in considering this idea.

https://www.freightercruises.com/voyages.php#anchor_menue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 hours ago, opcav said:

So...if I understand correctly, the reason people were able to enter Mexico is because it was essential travel basically. Has anyone looked into seeing if they could enter another country?  I was looking into Canada and found that they listed "transiting through Canada for essential travel" as essential. Does that mean that this could work in Canada too?

I called Canada customs and border patrol last week (I live in Michigan so I’m super close) and an officer said they wouldn’t allow people with K1 visas to just come in and quarantine as it’s not essential. Plus, the US and Canada are not opening up to each other at least for another month. If Canada opens their borders after June 22, I’m going to have my fiancé quarantine there since he can stay in Windsor which is a short drive from me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I called Canada customs and border patrol last week (I live in Michigan so I’m super close) and an officer said they wouldn’t allow people with K1 visas to just come in and quarantine as it’s not essential. Plus, the US and Canada are not opening up to each other at least for another month. If Canada opens their borders after June 22, I’m going to have my fiancé quarantine there since he can stay in Windsor which is a short drive from me.

Yeah Canada is super strict about it's border closure, they aren't even letting in spouses of Canadian citizens. I'd say it's a non-starter. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
5 hours ago, dpnce said:

Hey,

For those who are still interested in going to Croatia, I received a reply from the Croatian Border Police (see attached).

Please be noted as @zrdn2019 said, as of now, there is no way to get from Croatia to the US without transferring through Schengen area or UK.

In any case and if you choose this route, good luck! 

So if my fiancé is in England, he can travel to Croatia, stay for two weeks and then come to the US?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So if my fiancé is in England, he can travel to Croatia, stay for two weeks and then come to the US?

How would he get from for Croatia to the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

He can travel to Croatia but he needs to make sure beforehand he finds a flight to the US that is not transiting through the Schengen area. @zrdn2019 said that as of now,  "there is no way to get from Croatia to the US without transferring through Schengen area or UK."

Edited by dpnce

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
33 minutes ago, dpnce said:

He can travel to Croatia but he needs to make sure beforehand he finds a flight to the US that is not transiting through the Schengen area. @zrdn2019 said that as of now,  "there is no way to get from Croatia to the US without transferring through Schengen area or UK."

I second this. However, I think I’ve seen flights Croatia - Turkey - US but double check again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Fabercham said:

So another visa group online are discussing those wanting to ‘circumvent’ the system by quarantining elsewhere for 14 days.   Apparently someone called USCIS and the general feedback was although it’s not illegal, it will cause ‘red flags’ for K1 holders when they go to do AOS so not to ‘risk’ it. What is everyone’s opinion on this? The way I see it I’m proving that I don’t have the virus by going elsewhere, I don’t see how that’s relevant to AOS at all?

Do you have the link of that discussion please? 

Timeline

So does anyone have a definitive plan to get their fiancé here? I checked online and the US is not allowing any non-essential travel into the US from Mexico. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So does anyone have a definitive plan to get their fiancé here? I checked online and the US is not allowing any non-essential travel into the US from Mexico. 

If you read the threat, Ela has been there done that. She went to Mexico and travelled to the US with her k1. It is an option and many of us have been discussing doing the exact same thing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.