RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

i contacted KLM and Luthsana, i don’t have a set date i can travel anytime, so i said to them asap and they couldn’t give me any in June at all which sucks. 

I booked my flights with Air France and KLM for beginning of June. I know seing the flights online does not mean they are available or we are able to take them (e.g. flights from Croatia to Mexico City via Istanbul) but I am confused, did they tell you flights to Mexico from June onwards are cancelled? 

I believe many of us have flights booked as of beginning of June. 

KLM has been flying to Mexico on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I've spoken to them. You can also check their flight status and see that their flights to Mexico have not been cancelled. At least, flights originated in Amsterdam are flying. They might cancel flights from UK to Amsterdam

Edited by Ja3germeister

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, dpnce said:

I booked my flights with Air France and KLM for beginning of June. I know seing the flights online does not mean they are available or we are able to take them (e.g. flights from Croatia to Mexico City via Istanbul) but I am confused, did they tell you flights to Mexico from June onwards are cancelled? 

I believe many of us have flights booked as of beginning of June. 

i contacted them in regards to flights early june to begin with and they said about using the flight status checker and it shows there are no flights from Amsterdam to Mexico City the whole month on June. i’ve just double checked this and it’s still the same on the KLM website. 

They said it’s cargo flights and repatriation flights mainly that’ll be flying. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

i contacted them in regards to flights early june to begin with and they said about using the flight status checker and it shows there are no flights from Amsterdam to Mexico City the whole month on June. i’ve just double checked this and it’s still the same on the KLM website. 

They said it’s cargo flights and repatriation flights mainly that’ll be flying. 

Maybe these are considered to be repatriation flights but for now, the flight status checker includes a couple of flights from Amsterdam to Mexico City from beginning of June. 

https://www.klm.us/flight-status/flight-list?date=20200606&originAirportCode=AMS&destinationAirportCode=MEX

Capture d’écran 2020-05-23 à 00.30.23.png

Edited by dpnce

Timeline
3 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Maybe these are considered to be repatriation flights but for now, the flight status checker includes a couple of flights from Amsterdam to Mexico City from beginning of June. 

https://www.klm.us/flight-status/flight-list?date=20200606&originAirportCode=AMS&destinationAirportCode=MEX

that’s so weird i just checked that date on my phone and it’s saying no flights. This is confusing. https://www.klm.co.uk/flight-status/flight-list?date=20200606

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dpnce said:

3F359BC3-E022-4477-B377-0457DEE86A4A.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

3F359BC3-E022-4477-B377-0457DEE86A4A.png

Indeed that's super weird! I tried to follow your link and when filtering by route, 0 flight found either from AMS to MEX.

Is it because you are on klm.co.uk or would the website region be irrelevant in this case? I understand your confusion

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I just checked the status of my fiancee's flight and it is still on, from what I can see. 

You can look to see the arrivals of the flights from around the world to Mexico City here.

https://www.aicm.com.mx/en/flights?da=a&in=i

Last night I saw a flight from Amsterdam arrive. I just looked at Kayak and there are flights being shown for June 4. That is when my fiancee and her son are travelling. 

You may look to see a connection through Toronto also if KLM for whatever reason is not available as I have understood you can connect through Canada, but not enter. You may want to double check.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Indeed that's super weird! I tried to follow your link and when filtering by route, 0 flight found either from AMS to MEX.

Is it because you are on klm.co.uk or would the website region be irrelevant in this case? I understand your confusion

maybe it’s an IT error because i don’t see how a region difference should change a flight schedule. Super weird bc on mine it’s showing no flights the whole month of June so i can’t book anything 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

maybe it’s an IT error because i don’t see how a region difference should change a flight schedule. Super weird bc on mine it’s showing no flights the whole month of June so i can’t book anything 

Maybe an IT error! Don't know if this helps but maybe you can try seeing flights via Google Flights and then follow the booking links or directly check on Air France website (the French part of the Air France-KLM group)

Edited by dpnce

28 minutes ago, dpnce said:

It’s clearly not working. The flight we took yesterday also isn’t there and shows 0 results. But when you try to book (even on uk website) it gives you options for every day in June. 

As for accommodation in Mexico, from June 1, the hotels are allowed to open. For now, we only stayed one night in the Hilton airport (they required the flight itinerary for the reservation, other hotels told me just business) and flew next day to Puerto Vallarta where we’re renting a house. This also you can’t officially book online and I had to contact many owners via Airbnb and VRBO until I found someone that would take us in. A fellow passenger told me he’s staying in Mexico City in a hotel that pretends to be closed and has lights off in the lobby, so that they don’t get fined. Apparently a lot of things here work in a way that you have to tell them something and provide the right answers to check other boxes than tourism and nobody ever checks. Which is also true about their frequent temperature checks at the airport, they just need to see a green light on the thermometer and nobody cares it shows 33 degrees.

26 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

Where are you looking to fly from? When I put in London to Mexico City, even on Klm uk it shows options for every day in June. Maybe try Kayak, it lets you search with flexible dates.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ohohoho said:

It’s clearly not working. The flight we took yesterday also isn’t there and shows 0 results. But when you try to book (even on uk website) it gives you options for every day in June. 

As for accommodation in Mexico, from June 1, the hotels are allowed to open. For now, we only stayed one night in the Hilton airport (they required the flight itinerary for the reservation, other hotels told me just business) and flew next day to Puerto Vallarta where we’re renting a house. This also you can’t officially book online and I had to contact many owners via Airbnb and VRBO until I found someone that would take us in. A fellow passenger told me he’s staying in Mexico City in a hotel that pretends to be closed and has lights off in the lobby, so that they don’t get fined. Apparently a lot of things here work in a way that you have to tell them something and provide the right answers to check other boxes than tourism and nobody ever checks. Which is also true about their frequent temperature checks at the airport, they just need to see a green light on the thermometer and nobody cares it shows 33 degrees.

Wow. Thank you so much for your detailed experience, this is very helpful. Would you mind sharing the source of the information regarding hotels allowed to open from June 1? 

Again, thanks a lot! 

6 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Wow. Thank you so much for your detailed experience, this is very helpful. Would you mind sharing the source of the information regarding hotels allowed to open from June 1? 

Again, thanks a lot! 

There was a government announcement about it last week, some places with less infections were allowed to start already this past Monday. Hotel websites allow bookings from June 1, so does Airbnb and basically everyone I contacted about accommodation has told me no only from June 1.

But today, here they’re telling us places will start opening tomorrow, next week and from June. There’s allegedly quite a number of Americans quarantining from the virus in US. 
I personally think they’ve seen what a toll this has taken on the US economy and want to avoid the same route. You see a lot of places closed, restrictions in place, protective equipment and disinfection everywhere, but especially in the tourist dependent areas, I’m being told they can’t afford to keep it shut down for too long,m since the staff needs to work to buy food etc. If the tourists will be able to come back is another question.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, dpnce said:

Hello! 

I tried to make a reservation a hotel near the airport (City Express Ciudad de Mexico Aeropuerto) and when double checking with them over the phone, I was told that they could not take it given the current measures which limit reservations to "essential" ones. "Si no se presenta una carta especificando la actividad esencial, no podemos continuar su solicitud" is what they told me, meaning that we may be able to book online but once we arrive there, they will not be able to check one in. 

Is anyone already in Mexico, or who has already booked their reservation at a hotel faced the same issue? Were you able to book a hotel without any issue as such?  

I booked my hotel without an issue! Beverly Hotel is the one

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.