RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ela S. said:

This is what I’m doing as well! We’re getting married May 26th which is next tuesday

Congrats!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

From which country/airport did you travel to Mexico? Did you have any problems?

I traveled from Amsterdam, there’s direct flights operated by KLM to Mexico City :)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, LaraAndEric said:

I traveled from Amsterdam, there’s direct flights operated by KLM to Mexico City :)

And was it difficult to get to Mexico? Did they ask you a lot of questions in Amsterdam or was everything fine?

On 5/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, Lskifghj said:

would IR 5 visa holders be able to cross the land border via car or only flights due to the road ban? 

Land entry is risky; see the limited definition of "essential travel" https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/24/2020-06217/notification-of-temporary-travel-restrictions-applicable-to-land-ports-of-entry-and-ferries-service I suggest to find a flight.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

And was it difficult to get to Mexico? Did they ask you a lot of questions in Amsterdam or was everything fine?

It wasn’t difficult, the only thing you should prepare in advance is the ticket from Mexico to the US. In Amsterdam the lady from the check in counter asked me to show it to her, and then in México they asked me again at the customs. So be sure to buy your ticket in advance :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LaraAndEric said:

It wasn’t difficult, the only thing you should prepare in advance is the ticket from Mexico to the US. In Amsterdam the lady from the check in counter asked me to show it to her, and then in México they asked me again at the customs. So be sure to buy your ticket in advance :) 

Great info. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congrats with you entry into the USA!

Me and my fiance are looking into travelling to Mexico aswell. I was wondering; are hotels and restaurants still open in Mexico City? 

I've also read the Polanco area in Mexico City is a rather safe place to stay. Does anyone know about any safe way to get there from the airport? Like a shuttle for example. 

How about daily life in Mexico City during the coronivirus pandemic? Are we still allowed to walk the streets and such?

Thank anyone in advance for helping us out. 

15 minutes ago, Brookeandluuk said:

Does anyone know about any safe way to get there from the airport?

Uber is very reliable and pretty inexpensive.  I've used it tons and my mom and wife took a vacation there last summer used it and felt very safe.They stayed in Polanco down by the Museum, park and Embassies.   They had a great time.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brookeandluuk said:

Congrats with you entry into the USA!

Me and my fiance are looking into travelling to Mexico aswell. I was wondering; are hotels and restaurants still open in Mexico City? 

I've also read the Polanco area in Mexico City is a rather safe place to stay. Does anyone know about any safe way to get there from the airport? Like a shuttle for example. 

How about daily life in Mexico City during the coronivirus pandemic? Are we still allowed to walk the streets and such?

Thank anyone in advance for helping us out. 

Ubers are very safe and reliable. Restaurants are only open to go. You can also get food delivered (Uber eats, etc). Many hotels are currently operating you just need to contact them beforehand to verify. No stay at home order so yes you can go out for walks if you want. And yes Polanco was one of my fave areas and very safe!

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, Ela S. said:

I MADE IT!!! POE was a breeze!!! Absolutely no problems traveling from Mexico into the US with a K1 visa!! Wow I’m so relieved right now it’s insane. What an adventure! I really hope all of you can make it into the US too!! I would definitely recommend traveling to Mexico! My POE was Charlotte btw, nearly empty. It was super fast :) 

Ela! Congratulations!! This is so great! All the best to the both of you! What a story this will be. :) 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The BBC posted an article today about Brazil, Mexico etc becoming the new epicenter of the pandemic. Does anyone think this will impact flights between Mexico and the US over the next few weeks? I'm thinking of booking my flight to Mexico, but I'm slightly apprehensive that the border will completely shut while I'm self-isolating over there. I suppose this is the risk we have to take!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, cadr said:

The BBC posted an article today about Brazil, Mexico etc becoming the new epicenter of the pandemic. Does anyone think this will impact flights between Mexico and the US over the next few weeks? I'm thinking of booking my flight to Mexico, but I'm slightly apprehensive that the border will completely shut while I'm self-isolating over there. I suppose this is the risk we have to take!

Same here! I’m scared trump might impose another ban!! But I will have to try anyways because this is the only option right now 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Same here! I’m scared trump might impose another ban!! But I will have to try anyways because this is the only option right now 

This scares me too!! I want to fly to Mexico on the 16th of June. But I am not sure yet if I should really do it! I think the best would be to fly as soon as possible, but I cannot fly earlier than that. It is very possible that not only Trump, but also the Mexican government will shut the borders to any foreign travelers soon.

Edited by Sarah84

4 hours ago, Brookeandluuk said:

I was wondering; are hotels and restaurants still open in Mexico City? 

Here was the recommendation from the ladies.  $46us a night.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.