RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

Looks like it will be Mexico City as the point of destination for my fiancee and me. 

I just read the US/Mexico border is closed for all non essential travel. How does this impact you coming back with your fiancé?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I just read the US/Mexico border is closed for all non essential travel. How does this impact you coming back with your fiancé?

Only the land border travel is resticted that way. You can still fly from Mexico to the US.

Edited by Fenja

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.insider.com/cancun-mexico-riviera-maya-reopening-tourism-2020-5%3famp   So, why do they report it’s going to open? Should we contact the embassy? I’m confused. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.insider.com/cancun-mexico-riviera-maya-reopening-tourism-2020-5%3famp   So, why do they report it’s going to open? Should we contact the embassy? I’m confused. 

I just got off the phone with the state government administration in Quintana Roo to seek clarification. The lady politely informed me that the administration has not made an official determination/announcement  of the area (Cancun) opening up for tourism. She told me that after the end of the month an official announcement will come out of the governor's office regarding tourism in the state. Around June 2, or 3 there will be some official word on this. Till then, the government has not given the go-ahead with open tourism. 

Edited by RD7712

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RD7712 said:

I just got off the phone with the state government administration in Quintana Roo to seek clarification. The lady politely informed me that the administration has not made an official determination/announcement  of the area (Cancun) opening up for tourism. She told me that after the end of the month an official announcement will come out of the governor's office regarding tourism in the state. Around June 2, or 3 there will be some official word on this. Till then, the government has not given the go-ahead with open tourism. 

So what cities have open hotels then?!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lskifghj said:

Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned to contact the hotel directly. I would suggest Mexico City, at least that is where I would go. I read the Centro Historico is one of the safer areas there in the city.

Ela said Santa Fe is safe. I read some opinions of the area that it is a residential communities of high rises and apartments. It could be far from areas like stores and such things. 

Timeline

In the news, the land border travel ban from Mexico to the USA has been extended to June 22. However it does not effect air travel as the text below states:

At this time, this Notification does not apply to air, freight rail, or sea travel between the United States and Mexico, but does apply to passenger rail, passenger ferry travel, and pleasure boat travel between the United States and Mexico. These restrictions are temporary in nature and shall remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 22, 2020. This Notification may be amended or rescinded prior to that time, based on circumstances associated with the specific threat.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lskifghj said:

1 hour ago, Sarah84 said:

You can book private places via AirBnB and stay with them.

There’s no Airbnb for Mexico City!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lskifghj said:

There’s no Airbnb for Mexico City!

I saw yesterday some lodging options on Expedia last night. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I would say Polanco, Roma and Nápoles are some of the safest areas in the city. Even walking is super safe. I’m currently staying at colonia Nápoles. Santa Fe is also very safe but a little outside of the city. Ubers here are dirt cheap though. Even if people stayed in Santa Fe you could uber to a grocery store. Some really great ones in that area I’ve been to. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

I would say Polanco, Roma and Nápoles are some of the safest areas in the city. Even walking is super safe. I’m currently staying at colonia Nápoles. Santa Fe is also very safe but a little outside of the city. Ubers here are dirt cheap though. Even if people stayed in Santa Fe you could uber to a grocery store. Some really great ones in that area I’ve been to. 

I found a hotel in Polanco. That is good to know that it is safe. How many more days in Mexico do you have to go?

Edited by Lskifghj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.