RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I booked directly with them. Non stop flights to New York Tuesday and Saturday only!

they added more days, i guess they had a lot of demand. I booked my parents and brother for Friday the 26th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

That is not correct! I am flying directly on a Wednesday!

My bad! Apparently they had quite the demand since I checked hehe

4 hours ago, SBML said:

Thanks! I'm glad sharing it was of help even if it's just a bit! 

The only advice I can give different from the rest as you're gonna enter with the ESTA same as me, is to be prepared to be questioned about werid stuff lol. It was more or less the same thing as the last time I entered here, but I got asked what do I do for a living, and then he asked a bunch of random questions about that to be sure I wasn't lying(as I'm a chef he started asking for my  specialties and some recipes lol). As always, as long as you're saying the truth it will all be alright and you'll get in in 5 minutes. Best of luck!

Last time when I entered the states in December I flew with Aer Lingus with a layover in Dublin. They have CBP before you enter the plane in Dublin. It was weird, I was so nervous because of these questions and then I was only asked where I’m going to. That was it lol.  
But I will definitely be prepared and I am for sure only telling the truth. I genuinely just want to see my boyfriend even if it’s just for a week or two.

Thank you once again for making me feel more secure with this way to do it and all the best for you and your fiancé. 

18 minutes ago, JamesK1 said:

Surprisingly there was no health check on arrival. 

It is kinda surreal.   I've done the Mexico City run a few times and it was easier than pre covid - granted I have a Mexican Green Card for southbound travel and Global Entry for northbound.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

It is kinda surreal.   I've done the Mexico City run a few times and it was easier than pre covid - granted I have a Mexican Green Card for southbound travel and Global Entry for northbound.

If I’d been coming in on an ESTA immigration wouldn’t have taken more than 10 minutes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, A Polite Parrot said:

Belgrade to New York uodate: JFK still sucks but I entered on a K1. 🎉 it's straight forward to enter if you can work out spending 14 days outside of the restricted countries.

At Air Serbia's Belgrade check-in may have a wait because Air Serbia is reviewing your visa and where you where the last 14 days at check-in. It looks like most of the passengers were visa holders with many doing what we are all trying here in this thread. Air Serbia check-in asked if we have boarding passes to proove we were not in the travel restricted countries since we didn't have a stamp from exiting Schengen area into Croatia. Therefore I would suggest saving your boarding passes if you haven't already been doing it or at least print out a digital copy.

JFK was Kafkaesque as per usual.

Angry staff, conflicting instructions, confusing layout even with the new redesign, some flights got CDC checks, when I was sent to the room for K1 visa review only to hear other people being ushed out - it sounded like they were being denied entry, baggagecclaim took 40 minutes to completely unload the flight omto the belts, etc.

BCP didn't ask me or some of the other passengers anything of real substance,  or even look through your Visa-Consulate package. When asked where I was the past 14 days they didn't even ask for proof. (the opposite of flight check-in). CBP asks if you were screened by CDC. Dependingoon the officer you were told not to worry and they stamped you in, but other officers ushered us into a room where some folks casually asks where you were 14 days prior. When I responded with Croatia and Serbia, one guy said something to the effect of "That's one of the good countries" and told me to go back to CBP.

In other words it was as smooth as usual.

You should be able to book directly with Air Serbia.

Use Google Flights to search for flights if you have trouble. I was able to find a connecting flight from ZAG to BEG to JFK which Air Serbia's website wouldn't show me unless I had Google Flights link me to the flights. I even called Air Serbia and they had issues but once the flights were paid I called to confirm and everything was recorded in their database. 🤔

CBP or private security? Many US-bound flights have a private security firm screening passengers when they go for check-in. They will also be part of the (random?) carry on check while you are waiting at the gate.

The security theater is unreal for the US.

My fiancé is in Serbia now! He will be flying to JFK on July 4. This is so good to hear that you got in. I’ll make sure he has all his boarding passes. Congrats!

4 hours ago, A Polite Parrot said:

Belgrade to New York uodate: JFK still sucks but I entered on a K1. 🎉 it's straight forward to enter if you can work out spending 14 days outside of the restricted countries.

At Air Serbia's Belgrade check-in may have a wait because Air Serbia is reviewing your visa and where you where the last 14 days at check-in. It looks like most of the passengers were visa holders with many doing what we are all trying here in this thread. Air Serbia check-in asked if we have boarding passes to proove we were not in the travel restricted countries since we didn't have a stamp from exiting Schengen area into Croatia. Therefore I would suggest saving your boarding passes if you haven't already been doing it or at least print out a digital copy.

JFK was Kafkaesque as per usual.

Angry staff, conflicting instructions, confusing layout even with the new redesign, some flights got CDC checks, when I was sent to the room for K1 visa review only to hear other people being ushed out - it sounded like they were being denied entry, baggagecclaim took 40 minutes to completely unload the flight omto the belts, etc.

BCP didn't ask me or some of the other passengers anything of real substance,  or even look through your Visa-Consulate package. When asked where I was the past 14 days they didn't even ask for proof. (the opposite of flight check-in). CBP asks if you were screened by CDC. Dependingoon the officer you were told not to worry and they stamped you in, but other officers ushered us into a room where some folks casually asks where you were 14 days prior. When I responded with Croatia and Serbia, one guy said something to the effect of "That's one of the good countries" and told me to go back to CBP.

In other words it was as smooth as usual.

You should be able to book directly with Air Serbia.

Use Google Flights to search for flights if you have trouble. I was able to find a connecting flight from ZAG to BEG to JFK which Air Serbia's website wouldn't show me unless I had Google Flights link me to the flights. I even called Air Serbia and they had issues but once the flights were paid I called to confirm and everything was recorded in their database. 🤔

CBP or private security? Many US-bound flights have a private security firm screening passengers when they go for check-in. They will also be part of the (random?) carry on check while you are waiting at the gate.

Congratulations!!! So happy to hear you made it through.

Did it look like it was other visa holders from your flight trying what you were who were being denied entry or others? 

I'm sure you're happy to have the stress over and done with - wishing you a restful Sunday! Congrats again!

18 hours ago, pretzelbite said:

Last time when I entered the states in December I flew with Aer Lingus with a layover in Dublin. They have CBP before you enter the plane in Dublin. It was weird, I was so nervous because of these questions and then I was only asked where I’m going to. That was it lol.  
But I will definitely be prepared and I am for sure only telling the truth. I genuinely just want to see my boyfriend even if it’s just for a week or two.

Thank you once again for making me feel more secure with this way to do it and all the best for you and your fiancé. 

Haha yeah some airlines and countries do that. And it's not only to us, but also to US citizens. Last time my fiancée came to visit me and had to go back to the states, she got asked a lot of questions of why she was out of the country and stuff. So we're not alone in that lol. 

I hope you can reunite with your boyfriend soon and enjoy being happy together!

6 hours ago, A Polite Parrot said:

CBP Preclearance at Dublin: https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance "Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Preclearance is the strategic stationing of CBP personnel at designated foreign airports to inspect travelers prior to boarding U.S.-bound flights. With Preclearance, travelers then bypass CBP and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) inspections upon U.S. arrival and proceed directly to their connecting flight or destination"

Hey everyone , Im so glad I Found this forum! Ive been looking for a solution to this madness. I have an O1 Visa and I've been living in the USA for 9+ years. I flew to Belgium right before the travel ban so my mom wouldn't be alone in case something happened and like all of us,  I have been stuck and not been able to get back. I have booked my ticket to Mexico, leaving this Wednesday and staying there two weeks. I am a little nervous as Im a girl alone so any other ladies doing the same, feel free to contact me! My family is a little concerned for my safety and so I wonder if It would be better to go to Turkey instead, as I think they're open now too. Any tips and thoughts are welcome ! 

Edited by Ameerah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I finally booked my flights from Munich to Serbia! I'm flying on Saturday and meeting my finacé in Belgrad and we'll fly together to New York on July 13th! So glad I found this and thank you guys for all your help!! I'm really excited to see my fiancé again.

Hi, I’m happy to hear from more and more people that they are entering the US successfully. So I will be driving from Switzerland to Croatia on Wednesday the 24th of June. I hope I can fly from Zagreb to Istanbul to JFK July 9th, if not I’ll go to Serbia too for a day and hopefully enter that way. Having a lot of back up plans. I’ll enter with ESTA and I own a home in Florida. So I hope that will be no problem. 
I just have two questions - 1. can I enter any airport in the US or does it have to be a certain one. I know there is a list of airports however I don’t understand what does are for and when you are only allowed to enter the US over those airports? I hope you understand what I mean. So with a german passport, spending 14 days in a non banned country are the only specific airports I can enter? 
2. When I stay in Croatia and can’t get a flight from Zagreb, will there be no issue flying to Serbia and directly flying to the US? I don’t need to stay another 14 days right? 

I did talk to the boarder in Croatia since I will be entering by car and they will write and stamp something showing when I entered Croatia. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.