RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ja3germeister said:

To the few people that have already entered the States, how was your experience at Mexico airport? How much time should I take to go through check-in, security etc.?

A lil more than you would usually do. They do a little health inspection (you need to fill a health form and get your temperature checked) and I was there for nearly 30 minutes because there was a significant amount of people in line. This is right before security check

7 hours ago, Leah88 said:

So I thought long before posting this, I am in Mexico right now, as you may know from reading about my experiences on here. I wanted to say, I don’t like the negative vibes on here, it is scary enough right now to be in Mexico during a global pandemic. Of course, it is a scary experience, but we are already here!!! Should we put our head in the sand and cry? Like please refrain from sharing thoughts such as “Mexico will be the new hotspot for the virus” if you do not have a source or can somewhat tell us why you’re feeling that way. I don’t feel like I’m on a vacation here, I’m scared as well. But I do not want to entertain this kind of negativity anymore. It’s scary enough as it is. If you have sources, share it! But please refrain from making us go nuts over here, when the situation is scary enough as it is!!!

We just have to be positive. Being in Mexico at least gives us a chance. I've been in here for 10 days now and it really doesn't feel anything like as bad as the media are making out, everyone is very relaxed. I'm close to 2 hospitals and I think I've only heard one ambulance since i've been here. 

6 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Yeah I feel the same way! The Mexican people have been extremely friendly and relaxed. I’m trying to be as positive as possible. I accompanied my friend to the airport today, she left for the US after quarantining here for 14 days (we spend 9  days together), and she just got to the USA! And had a pleasant and easy experience!! When I took her to the international section of the airport I was really surprised, it was empty and she was checked in after 5 minutes! No questions asked! I asked the stuff right there, if I would need a health certificate to fly next Saturday and they said no, and there are currently no plans for such measurements. (American Airlines). I’m so happy I went to the airport, because it gave me a lot of hope! Her flight was at 1.30 pm, we took a taxi at 10.30, arrived around 11.15 ish and she was checked in before 11.30! 🙌🏾 I’m so happy to know, she made it safe and sound and is with her fiancé now!!

That's great news, thank you for the update. 

3 hours ago, pretzelbite said:

What kind of police registration? The website of the German external office says that traveling to and through Serbia is possible without any restrictions...

It's not related to the coronavirus.  Just a normal regulation in Serbia.  If you're visiting, you have to register with the police to let them know you're there and where you're staying.  I believe if you stay in a hotel that the hotel takes care of it for you.

Google "Serbia Police Registration" and you'll find lots of mentions.  For example, this document mentions it: https://eca.state.gov/files/bureau/serbia_-_police_registration_and_residency_permit_2013.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, devonydan said:

It's not related to the coronavirus.  Just a normal regulation in Serbia.  If you're visiting, you have to register with the police to let them know you're there and where you're staying.  I believe if you stay in a hotel that the hotel takes care of it for you.

Google "Serbia Police Registration" and you'll find lots of mentions.  For example, this document mentions it: https://eca.state.gov/files/bureau/serbia_-_police_registration_and_residency_permit_2013.pdf

Thank you! That is what I meant!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

You only need your passport to enter. 
Edit: I will ask my hotel to see if they registered me as a google search said the hotel handles that for you, and let you know but I doubt this is something you need to worry about. 

Edited by Kay & Evan

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kay & Evan said:

You only need your passport to enter. 
Edit: I will ask my hotel to see if they registered me as a google search said the hotel handles that for you, and let you know but I doubt this is something you need to worry about. 

So I asked my hotel and they said all hotels already report that to the police once you arrive. Actually I think this is something they do in most countries.
They gave me a copy of the report in case I need it but they said normally I wouldn’t need it. 
so make sure to check with your hotel just to be safe. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

Just being curious, where did you see any info on the police registration in Serbia in the forum? I double checked and @Kay & Evan never mentioned it before today.Thanks! 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Just being curious, where did you see any info on the police registration in Serbia in the forum? I double checked and @Kay & Evan never mentioned it before today.Thanks! 

I didn't see it here in the forum. I saw it on different websites.

3 hours ago, Kay & Evan said:

So I asked my hotel and they said all hotels already report that to the police once you arrive. Actually I think this is something they do in most countries.
They gave me a copy of the report in case I need it but they said normally I wouldn’t need it. 
so make sure to check with your hotel just to be safe. 

Thank you, @devonydan and @Sarah84 for this information!

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have been reading this message board for a few weeks now - what an anxious time for all of us! 

Good luck to everybody in quarantine in a foreign land right now, you're braver than me!

I am stuck in the UK and have been waiting to try and get into US on J1 visa. I am aware of the new EO that might impact me, but if it doesn't, and the travel ban isn't lifted, I will likely travel out somewhere, too. It's been too long.

Does anybody know what the latest situation about travel to/from Turkey is? I heard that they were cancelling flights/not operating properly despite meaning to reopen mid-June. Turkey would be ideal as there are direct flights there from my current city and to the city I'm (hopefully) relocating to.

Other options I'm considering are Serbia (but I think I would have to have a layover from Belgrade in Istanbul anyway), or South Korea (but SK is far/the other way).

Timeline
3 hours ago, pretzelbite said:

Thank you, @devonydan and @Sarah84 for this information!

How do you/we actually prove that we have been in Serbia for 14 days? With the stamp in our passport and the plane ticket?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sarah84 said:

How do you/we actually prove that we have been in Serbia for 14 days? With the stamp in our passport and the plane ticket?

Yes and that police report you found out about also has the date on it and the address you stayed together with your passport number name and date of birth  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.