RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Sarah84 said:

It depends on the day you are flying! I wanted to fly on the 16th, the flight was like 2000 Euros. Now I am flying on the 17th for 640 Euros. You have to try different days.

Thank you so much Sarah! I got mine at about the same price for the 11th.

Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 5:24 PM, Kaatje said:

Are you doing a one way ticket or return ticket? One way is very expensive. I booked a round-trip and just won't use the return leg if all goes well.

Thank you dear! I got a one way ticket, also is there anybody that was asked a return ticket to show at the airport? I read in that thread that someone had to have one.

15 hours ago, Laku said:

Oh, but I traveled to Croatia with a Shengen visa 🙂 

Correct, but Croatia isn't part of Schengen Area.

http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/

Pursuant to the Government’s Decision, starting with 22 July 2014, the Republic of Croatia applies the Decision No 565/2014/EU. All third-country nationals who are holders of valid Schengen documents, as well as national visas and residence permits of Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Romania do not require an additional (Croatian) visa for Croatia.

Third-country nationals who are holders of:

• uniform visa (C) for two or multiple entries, valid for all Schengen Area Member States;
  • visa with limited territorial validity (LTV visa), for two or multiple entries, issued to the holder of a travel document that is not recognised by one or more, but not all of the Schengen Area Member States, and which is valid for the territory of the Member States recognising the travel document;
  • long-stay visa (D) for stays exceeding three months, issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
  • residence permit issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
  • national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Bulgaria, listed in Annex I of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
  • national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Cyprus, listed in Annex III of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
  • national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Romania, listed in Annex IV of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;

do not require a visa for transit or intended stays in the territory of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.

The Decision No 565/2014/EU is available at:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32014D0565&from=EN

Nationals of Kosovo, who are holders of Schengen visas with limited territorial validity (LTV visas), valid for all Schengen countries except for Spain (-ES), do not require additional Croatian visa for transit through or intended stays in the territory of the Republic of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.

The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian documents must cover the duration of the transit or stay.

Passport has to be valid for at least another three months after the planned departure from Croatia and issued within the previous 10 years.

This facilitated entry of third-country nationals is in force until Croatia fully applies the provisions of the Schengen acquis.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ririwoo37 said:

My flight is on Thursday, I will be flying from CDG-AMS-MEX. Will keep u posted guys!

Good luck and definitely let us know! I’m french too and curious to see how things work as I’m preparing my travel plans :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, Sarah84 said:

Thank you! I just looked at their website, and there is no flight on the 6th of June, only on the 13th. Is it possible that they are postponing their flights?

Hi! I just checked the departures from Belgrade and the flight to New York is en route! 

C02D0885-80A6-4632-817D-2FB23AB12035.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

Hi! I just checked the departures from Belgrade and the flight to New York is en route! 

C02D0885-80A6-4632-817D-2FB23AB12035.jpeg

I checked too, you are right!! That is awesome!!! What are you going to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, ohohoho said:

Hello everyone

Just a quick update. We flew in to LAX on Thursday evening. There were 20 people on the flight, and we were the only flight that was going to Immigration, so the hall that's norm.....

Great news. My POE is Miami. Hoping to get a similar experience.

:)

Well done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah84 said:

I checked too, you are right!! That is awesome!!! What are you going to do?

I booked my flight for 11/6 from Athens to Frankfurt and then from Frankfurt to Belgrade. Then booked my flight for Belgrade to New York for 27/6. I will keep checking the flights to see if they all depart to New York and hope mine does too! I booked a hotel in Belgrade too. 
Also to sum up: German embassy in Greece confirmed I can go to Serbia with a layover in Germany provided I stay at the airport until my flight to Serbia. CBP, US embassy in Greece, US embassy in Serbia and Belgrade airport police all confirmed I will be allowed to enter if I have a direct flight and have been in Serbia for more than 14 days. Air Serbia confirmed their flights in June are 100% and noted that they will be updating with more flights in the coming days for the next months but as of now June is the safe month to book their flights as the following months are not confirmed. 
I really hope it works! Will keep you updated. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

I booked my flight for 11/6 from Athens to Frankfurt and then from Frankfurt to Belgrade. Then booked my flight for Belgrade to New York for 27/6. I will keep checking the flights to see if they all depart to New York and hope mine does too! I booked a hotel in Belgrade too. 
Also to sum up: German embassy in Greece confirmed I can go to Serbia with a layover in Germany provided I stay at the airport until my flight to Serbia. CBP, US embassy in Greece, US embassy in Serbia and Belgrade airport police all confirmed I will be allowed to enter if I have a direct flight and have been in Serbia for more than 14 days. Air Serbia confirmed their flights in June are 100% and noted that they will be updating with more flights in the coming days for the next months but as of now June is the safe month to book their flights as the following months are not confirmed. 
I really hope it works! Will keep you updated. 

Sounds good!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.