RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

It is a risk that no one knows how it’ll go. South America in general is currently rising. US might be too distracted though with their current internal problems and protests. 

True, remember that Mexico is Central America though, not South.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Smokey Bear said:

True, remember that Mexico is Central America though, not South.....

Haha yep that’s right 

Edited by Lskifghj

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

It is a risk that no one knows how it’ll go. South America in general is currently rising. US might be too distracted though with their current internal problems and protests. 

Yep, my fingers are tightly crossed for that. I also am holding a little hope that the land border was closed very early and if they wanted to suspend air traffic it would have been done hand in hand.. but everything is subject to change. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

Yep, my fingers are tightly crossed for that. I also am holding a little hope that the land border was closed very early and if they wanted to suspend air traffic it would have been done hand in hand.. but everything is subject to change. 

Life is full of risks and you never fully know what will happen next. Life is full of surprises and things might happen for a reason. Don’t fret it things don’t work out. Always have a backup plan. 

8 hours ago, Ja3germeister said:

I'm in Mexico-City!

Honestly still can't believe that I'm here. Stumbled upon this thread 3 weeks ago and now I actually did it. Thank you to all the people for your continuous support. 

Here's how it went:

Flight was packed, like as if there is no pandemic going on. Insane. KLM's service is great. Long flight but I had extra leg room so I was good hahaha. 

Then came immigration. Long line. The lady asked me why I'm here and for how long. I said I was staying with a friend for 2 weeks and then I'm flying to the US. Didn't have to show anything. Super easy and super relieved it went that smooth. 

We must have been on the same flight. I can’t believe how easy immigration was. I saw people being led away to another room and I assumed the same would happen to me but I had a bigger interrogation at check in. I just told him is was quarantining for 2 weeks and then flying to the USA, I didn’t mention where I was staying. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Xurxo r said:

I guess worst case I can try to do Croatia-Belgrade-NYC but we ll see, the agent i talked to said to check this website for updates: https://www.turkishairlines.com/es-es/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/cancelled-flights/ he also mentioned that you are not allowed to even transit Turkey if you have been in the Schengen Area in the past 14 days but I doubt anyone will have an issue with that since it is exactly what we are all trying to do.

I’m confused about Croatia to the US via Istanbul. The travel restrictions seem to imply if you are a national of the U.K. and various other European countries you may not enter Turkey (nothing about transiting) and then says that if you are a national of those countries you may not board the aircraft? 
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/travel-restrictions/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Xurxo r said:

Yeah I am staying in Zagreb, it was pretty cheap to be honest, I will flight to the US on June 21st.

Is transit in Turkey allowed?

5 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

I’m confused about Croatia to the US via Istanbul. The travel restrictions seem to imply if you are a national of the U.K. and various other European countries you may not enter Turkey (nothing about transiting) and then says that if you are a national of those countries you may not board the aircraft? 
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/travel-restrictions/

So basically if you are a national of any of the listed European countries you are not allowed to enter Turkey, same thing if you have visited any of them on the past 14 days, but if you are a national of any of the countries and have not transited any of them in the past 14 days you are allowed to transit Turkey.

You can read all the restrictions further here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Just now, Sarah84 said:

Is transit in Turkey allowed?

I was actually typing that answer as you posted!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

So basically if you are a national of any of the listed European countries you are not allowed to enter Turkey, same thing if you have visited any of them on the past 14 days, but if you are a national of any of the countries and have not transited any of them in the past 14 days you are allowed to transit Turkey.

You can read all the restrictions further here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

I was actually typing that answer as you posted!

Yes I read the IATA page but I still felt it really wasn’t very clear. My initial thought after reading it was no entry to Turkey but very little distinction between transit and entry! The Turkish Airlines page is also unclear on transit (in my opinion)

6 hours ago, talia0506 said:

Hey where did you fly from exactly and how the check in there? Did they ask you any questions at all about why you travel to Mexico? Also where do you stay in Mexico city? Actually with a friend?

I flew from Amsterdam to Mexico-City. Check-in at Amsterdam was easy. No questions asked, only at the passport check but that's a mandatory thing. 

In Mexico the lady asked why I was here and for how long. I said I was with a friend for 14 days then flying to the US. I'm not actually with a friend, I'm in an Airbnb but I do have a friend who lives in Polanco.

Timeline

@RD7712 I am so glad you are all together and safe. Sorry that it was a little traumatic in Vienna. I hope you all have a nice 2 weeks! 

I will learn from your experience and I will make sure I bring some info with me to confirm Mexico is ok for the check in desk! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, ek1357 said:

Hi- is anyone crossing into the US from Mexico this week?

@LaraAndEric have you entered the US now?

My flight Is on Wednesday and 2 weeks feels like a long time I’m Mexico with Covid numbers rising and rising. Really worried about further border closures.. I’m praying they’ve reached their peak now... 

My flight is on Thursday, I will be flying from CDG-AMS-MEX. Will keep u posted guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.