RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ja3germeister said:

I'm in Mexico-City!

Honestly still can't believe that I'm here. Stumbled upon this thread 3 weeks ago and now I actually did it. Thank you to all the people for your continuous support. 

Here's how it went:

Flight was packed, like as if there is no pandemic going on. Insane. KLM's service is great. Long flight but I had extra leg room so I was good hahaha. 

Then came immigration. Long line. The lady asked me why I'm here and for how long. I said I was staying with a friend for 2 weeks and then I'm flying to the US. Didn't have to show anything. Super easy and super relieved it went that smooth. 

Hey where did you fly from exactly and how the check in there? Did they ask you any questions at all about why you travel to Mexico? Also where do you stay in Mexico city? Actually with a friend?

Thanks so much. But I think there are no flights to Croatia from Switzerland. I read that their borders are closed until 15 June. How do you get to Croatia from Zurich ? Secondly do they have flights to US ?

I read somewhere that you are talking to some one regarding the flights. Can you share the contact of whom I can call and check on the flights ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quick one for clarity - somehwere on this thread it mentions it but I cannot find it.

Regarding the 14 days.... if I landed in Mexico in the 28th May - can I fly on the 11th to the USA?

28 29 30 31 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 - over 14 days?

Thx

SB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Laku said:

Thanks so much. But I think there are no flights to Croatia from Switzerland. I read that their borders are closed until 15 June. How do you get to Croatia from Zurich ? Secondly do they have flights to US ?

I read somewhere that you are talking to some one regarding the flights. Can you share the contact of whom I can call and check on the flights ?

Are you talking to me? I am from Germany and I know that there are flights from Frankfurt and other cities in Germany to Croatia. I don't know about Switzerland.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Smokey Bear said:

Quick one for clarity - somehwere on this thread it mentions it but I cannot find it.

Regarding the 14 days.... if I landed in Mexico in the 28th May - can I fly on the 11th to the USA?

Thx

SB

You have to say till 12th - you need 14 full days in Mexico 

Edited by Lskifghj

Timeline

Hi- is anyone crossing into the US from Mexico this week?

@LaraAndEric have you entered the US now?

My flight Is on Wednesday and 2 weeks feels like a long time I’m Mexico with Covid numbers rising and rising. Really worried about further border closures.. I’m praying they’ve reached their peak now... 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Smokey Bear said:

Thx

SB

I think so- I hope so as I am also doing the same 15 days. Arriving 10 June in Mexico and entering the US on 25 June.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

I think so- I hope so as I am also doing the same 15 days. Arriving 10 June in Mexico and entering the US on 25 June.

Sorry my mistake, you need 1 extra day. 

Proclamation states if you were present in a banned country ‘14 days prior to your entry or attempted entry’. If I count backwards from your expected entry date, I arrive at the date you were still present in the U.K.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Xurxo r said:

Im currently in Frankfurt waiting for my flight to Zagreb so I can confirm this is true

That's great!!! Please let me know if everything works out! Will you stay in Zagreb? When is your flight to the US?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

Proclamation states if you were present in a banned country ‘14 days prior to your entry or attempted entry’. If I count backwards from your expected entry date, I arrive at the date you were still present in the U.K.

46 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

You have to say till 12th - you need 14 full days in Mexico 

Gotcha. My flight is the 12th - I was just checking. :)

Edited by Smokey Bear

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

Yep you need 14 full days in a non-banned country and exclude the days of arrival and departure. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

Hi- is anyone crossing into the US from Mexico this week?

@LaraAndEric have you entered the US now?

My flight Is on Wednesday and 2 weeks feels like a long time I’m Mexico with Covid numbers rising and rising. Really worried about further border closures.. I’m praying they’ve reached their peak now... 

It is a risk that no one knows how it’ll go. South America in general is currently rising. US might be too distracted though with their current internal problems and protests. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.