Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, James120383 said:

you should be good as long as you can find a flight 

There’s daily flights so that’s easy. I’m just waiting on my exemption to be allowed to leave my country.

K1 is good. US citizen exception stays.

Can we talk about the impact on work visas? What does this mean to all those who got the H1B lottery this year and pending issuance (or maybe it's already issued and they're just waiting for the status to change) on October 1? 

Also section 5 seems to imply that they'll take some additional actions to the pending EB2 and EB3 cases. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

K1s are in a precarious position yet again. Neither specifically banned nor exempt.

I'm a lawyer (in a field not related to immigration). My read of the plain text of this order is that K1s should not be effected. But at this stage, I don't even know anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
6 minutes ago, expatorimmigrant said:

K1 is good. US citizen exception stays.

For immediate relatives. K1s aren't immediate relatives.

There's no direct mention of K1s as an exception. Which wouldn't be a problem if there were clear guidelines but as we've seen over the past few months, not every embassy interprets it the same way.

Edited by sl1pstream

3 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

For immediate relatives. K1s aren't immediate relatives.

Sorry my bad, thought K1 meant for spouses of USC. I guess if it's a pre-marital invitation and you're not officially married then it could be affected. But then again agreeing to someone else who posted on this thread, K1 isn't called out in this order. For now it doesn't affect K1 it seems. Of course that's not to say the environment won't be hostile to all immigrants/non-immigrants seeking entrance to US for the next six months and perhaps longer and hopefully not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Thank you. That’s what I thought but this situation is stressful whenever someone says otherwise it worries me! I just need to see someone enter on a K1 soon!

Follow this thread, I am entering with a K1 on Thursday and another girl is entering on a K1 tomorrow. We write our experiences at the border:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The new EO clearly lists the categories that are to be suspended so why are some people saying K1’s are included in the suspension. Pls clarify, I may have missed something. 

Edited by NatashaK1

1 minute ago, ek1357 said:

Follow this thread, I am entering with a K1 on Thursday and another girl is entering on a K1 tomorrow. We write our experiences at the border:

Thank you so much!

8 minutes ago, God Bless America said:

So would this ban include family based visas? I had my interview on the 4th of October last year. F1 immigrant visa.

still waiting...😢

Only CR1/2, IR1/2/4 and IH4 are allowed to be issued thru the end of the year for family cases.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

The new EO clearly lists the categories that are to be suspended so why are some people saying K1’s are included in the suspension. Pls clarify, I may have missed something. 

That is what's confusing me too, been trying to figure it out for the past half an hour😄 to me the wording is very clear as to which visas are banned. Maybe because it is an "only certain visas are banned" type of EO this time unlike the "all visas are banned" EO, so there are worries it's gonna turn into the same?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just now, Mareike said:

That is what's confusing me too, been trying to figure it out for the past half an hour😄 to me the wording is very clear as to which visas are banned. Maybe because it is an "only certain visas are banned" type of EO this time unlike the "all visas are banned" EO, so there are worries it's gonna turn into the same?

Because it mentions everyone who doesn't currently have a visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.