Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 hours ago, HRQX said:

Note that the email came from US Embassy Beirut, which isn't even in Europe. Regardless of what the email says, there isn't an universal ban on K-1. Also, those from Schengen Area, UK, etc. have been able to enter with K-1 after spending 14 days in an unrestricted country:

It's very confusing... let's just hope for the best since I'm fying on Thursday 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 hours ago, Cilllah said:

We have seen people enter. So this isn't even true?

Correct, it is NOT true, but it is pretty upsetting to see this coming from an official consulate source, which does lead to what I was afraid when proclamation was originally made, that there will be confusion due to dual nature of K-1 visa, and some consulates and possibly CBP will interpret it differently. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jonnat said:

but  now I'm kinda nervous because  I'm flying at the end of the week from BsAs 🤦‍♀️

Maybe they mean k1 visa holders from Europe, due the previous ban from March?

17 hours ago, Cilllah said:

moving on the 14/07 and I am nervous too as so much can happen before then. But I am from Australia so it should be OK unless the ban K1 visas. Let me know how you go

The EO discussed in this thread only applies to visa issuance, not to entry with an issued visa.

There is another EO that prevents K1 visa holders from specific countries to travel to the US unless they spent 14 days in a country that is not on the banned list (Schengen, UK, China, Iran,...). Everyone traveling with a K1 also must avoid transferring through airports in such countries. But as for the EO of this thread, those that have a visa in hand are good to go.

7 hours ago, Quarknase said:

The EO discussed in this thread only applies to visa issuance, not to entry with an issued visa.

It does apply to entry with certain Immigrant Visas issued after April 23 (which basically should be nonexistent since DOS is also enforcing the ban by not issuing those visas): "The entry into the United States of aliens as immigrants is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation." Cilllah is concerned because the K-1 was issued after April 23: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=325129 Cilllah shouldn't be concerned because K-1 is a Nonimmigrant Visa; thus it's not subject to the April 22 Proclamation.

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

It does apply to entry with certain Immigrant Visas issued after April 23 (which basically should be nonexistent since DOS is also enforcing the ban by not issuing those visas): "The entry into the United States of aliens as immigrants is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation." Cilllah is concerned because the K-1 was issued after April 23: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=325129 Cilllah shouldn't be concerned because K-1 is a Nonimmigrant Visa; thus it's not subject to the April 22 Proclamation.

Thank you! I suppose I am also concerned about additions to the EO in the next few weeks. I suppose I just need to wait and see.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, geowrian said:

There is no ban on parents due to either Canadian or Chinese citizenship or nationality.

There is a worldwide ban on IR-5 visas (parent of a USC), per the EO discussed in this thread.

As you said , there is a worldwide ban on IR-5 visas (parent of a USC), per the EO .  But I think the EO is no more valid as it has neither been extended nor there is any fresh EO in this regard . What is your opinion about latest status on IR-5 visas (parent of a USC) . Thanks

Just now, Gar9 said:

As you said , there is a worldwide ban on IR-5 visas (parent of a USC), per the EO .  But I think the EO is no more valid as it has neither been extended nor there is any fresh EO in this regard . What is your opinion about latest status on IR-5 visas (parent of a USC) . Thanks

The current EO has not expired yet, but will do very so soon (Monday IIRC?).

Trump can choose to extend it before then or make a new one at any time. No way to know what he will decide to do, although the current one has had effectively almost no impact due to routine visa processing being suspended the entire time.

I would not be surprised if he extended it as a result, but that is just speculation.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

I was 3 years in the USA on a H2B visa and today i saw Trump wants to ban H1B and H2B. All the Country Clubs i worked for would never survive a season without H2Bs,simple as that. So Trump will be the one to blame when hundreds of Clubs have to close and so will be thousands of Americans lose their job. Well done Mr. President.

Edited by Frank Zander

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Frank Zander said:

I was 3 years in the USA on a H2B visa and today i saw Trump wants to ban H1B and H2B. All the Country Clubs i worked for would never survive a season without H2Bs,simple as that. So Trump will be the one to blame when hundreds of Clubs have to close and so will be thousands of Americans lose their job. Well done Mr. President.

The idea is that Americans will take those low-paying jobs they didn't want in the first place and that that would solve unemployment. Which is obviously ridiculous and the reason that they're adding exceptions to every ban so far. The absurdity is that by adding exceptions for employment-based reasons, you're going against the supposed reason to have the ban in the first place.

Senior Administration officials say the President’s immigration ban to protect American workers (set to expire today) will be extended through end of the year, and expanded to include new non-immigrant visas: H1B, H4, H2B, J and L, though there will be some exemptions.

Immigration EO to be signed this afternoon per multiple sources - Freezes most new work visas including H-1b, H-2b, certain J, and L - Fees on current visa holders increase -

New reg changes on H-1b workers,

closing big loopholes -

New reg changes on asylum seekers

Its happening 

image.png

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Welp.

I guess we all knew this was coming but seeing the words “through end of the year” and no signs that the k1s situation will be finally properly explained... that stings. I’m so sorry to everyone affected by this EO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
40 minutes ago, agataa said:

Welp.

I guess we all knew this was coming but seeing the words “through end of the year” and no signs that the k1s situation will be finally properly explained... that stings. I’m so sorry to everyone affected by this EO

He wants to ban immigrants. Keeping it vague isn't a flaw in their plan, it's deliberate.

I quit my job, so I'm hoping that they'll at least process K1s again here. Now that he's banned pretty much every other visa there's no real reason for him to keep the Schengen-ban going. We'll see, I guess.

I'm so sorry for those affected (probably including me, who really knows at this point), this is horrible.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

He wants to ban immigrants. Keeping it vague isn't a flaw in their plan, it's deliberate.

I quit my job, so I'm hoping that they'll at least process K1s again here. Now that he's banned pretty much every other visa there's no real reason for him to keep the Schengen-ban going. We'll see, I guess.

I'm so sorry for those affected (probably including me, who really knows at this point), this is horrible.

1 hour ago, James120383 said:

Senior Administration officials say the President’s immigration ban to protect American workers (set to expire today) will be extended through end of the year, and expanded to include new non-immigrant visas: H1B, H4, H2B, J and L, though there will be some exemptions.

Immigration EO to be signed this afternoon per multiple sources - Freezes most new work visas including H-1b, H-2b, certain J, and L - Fees on current visa holders increase -

New reg changes on H-1b workers,

closing big loopholes -

New reg changes on asylum seekers

Its happening 

image.png

I'm assuming that k-1 visas are still ok to enter as they have been.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.