Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

Thank you for reporting back! If all goes well, I’ll probably be moving in a couple of weeks. If I got pulled into secondary without your story I would probably freak out. I feel a lot better about my move after reading your account. :)

10 minutes ago, ECCK said:

Thank you for reporting back! If all goes well, I’ll probably be moving in a couple of weeks. If I got pulled into secondary without your story I would probably freak out. I feel a lot better about my move after reading your account. :)

No problem, feel free to contact me directly if you have any other queries before you go and good luck! All will be fine! Where are you flying from? We used LHR-EWR-DEN as it's a government backed route, worth asking your airline if any are. I flew with United Airlines as my other flights kept getting cancelled.

Edited by jennywhite421

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mika__ said:

does this effect cr-1 visas??

I was supposed to have my interview in montreal April 24 for my cr1 visa and now this ban...

See page 1 of this thread

On 4/27/2020 at 10:32 AM, sl1pstream said:

I'm working on a K1 but the consulate in Belgium is doing the same thing. They're not even willing to clarify anything except point to the Schengen travel ban. We haven't even gotten to the interview part yet, I still need to get the paperwork together, so it would've been cool if they just sent me that, so I could use (now seemingly unlimited) time I had before I was able to schedule an interview to do that. I've just given up on asking about it.

Seemingly all routine visa activity, not just public facing services. They're not sending out the packets with the instructions you get before the interview, so you know what papers you need either.

They use a website for you to use https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-be/niv/information/required_docs

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, agataa said:

Just to add to everyone posting their consulate answers, I asked the US embassy in Warsaw (Poland) and received this reply:

58AFDB96-40DD-4079-8792-3A9BEF198BD9.jpeg

weird how they said worldwide...? Does this mean it’s also going to affect those countries that aren’t included in the ban? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Does this mean it’s also going to affect those countries that aren’t included in the ban?

No, it means that routine visa processing is halted at all consulates world-wide.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

No, it means that routine visa processing is halted at all consulates world-wide.

That’s how I understood it too! It feels like they just answered everything I could ask in one reply, so “no your visa application isn’t affected but consulates aren’t issuing them at this moment, and the travel ban applies to you anyway” type of thing 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:01 AM, jennywhite421 said:

Hi All, 

I said I'd update you on my move to the US. So I moved on Sunday, this was pulled forward a couple of weeks as we didn't know if Trump would continue to change the Executive Order.

I flew from London Heathrow to Newark and then on to Denver, Colorado. At first I wasn't sure if they were going to let me fly as I had to wait for IPS (Inspection of Passport Services) to check my Visa. Note I flew on an IR1 category visa. That took half an hour, there were three people on Visa's and two of us were authorised. I learned the other person was travelling to work on a ship so his visa qualified. The check in staff are told to refer anyone who isn't already a Green Card Holder or US Citizen so don't panic. Overall, took me two hours to check in but the desk computers had also gone down!

At Heathrow, everything was closed! Except Boots and WH Smiths. There was only about 20 of us on the flight. The airlines were not serving alcohol either lol. Trolley's not being used, they just handed meals, drinks etc... out plus no ice was provided. I'm not fussy though! They also removed the pillows but they are gross anyway lol.

Landed into Newark, the Centre of Disease Controls held us onboard. We had to complete a form called the COVID-19 report, this has to be done to be let off the plane. They advise that you self isolate for 14 days, along with any household members, also if you have any symptoms to call the doctor. When you disembark, they give you a mask, if you don't have one, they will give you a medical mask when you get off the plane. The CDC take your temperature then, if it's OK, you will head to immigration.

At immigration, all the guards are wearing masks, they will ask you to take off your mask so they can ID you. I'm not sure if this next bit was normal but you may get seconded. This means taking into the back basically. I was sat there will 7 other British Citizens. My passport was given to the immigration officers behind the desk and I waited to be called. Make sure you leaving enough time to do this, it took me about 30 minutes then I had to get my luggage and re-check in etc.... I have 3 hours 40 min lay-over and had to wait a couple of hours after this, immigration won't care if you only had an hour layover. They asked me to confirm my husbands name, our wedding date and where we got married. I was processed and released.

Now, domestic flights don't seem to have many restrictions. It was a full flight from Newark to Denver. It seems the general consensus to wear your mask when you aren't eating or drinking. I popped to the bathroom to remove mine periodically as I get pretty claustrophobic in mine! I think I saw one person without a mask. Again, only non-alcoholic drinks on board! 

Landed in Denver, this was pretty normal, no checks for domestic flights. Denver was pretty closed as well except for the necessary shops. My husband wanted to plan a group at the airport but due to the pandemic, it was just him which is fine. 

I think this will be a story for our kids how mummy moved during a world crisis.

Good luck everyone! want to post this so you knew first hand what it was like if you are in a position to move.

This is so helpful! Travelling to reunite with my wife who is a USC in the Pacific north west at the end of the month. Travelling from the UK too. 

Not sure you’ll know, but I’m travelling on a CR-1 visa. Can you imagine this will cause any issues? Imagine it won’t but you know what it’s like, starting to worry about every last little thing!! 

Thanks again, 

B.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Booders said:

This is so helpful! Travelling to reunite with my wife who is a USC in the Pacific north west at the end of the month. Travelling from the UK too. 

Not sure you’ll know, but I’m travelling on a CR-1 visa. Can you imagine this will cause any issues? Imagine it won’t but you know what it’s like, starting to worry about every last little thing!! 

Thanks again, 

B.

I asked the same thing to my embassy today, since my husband and I have to travel through the EU to get to the US and he will have a CR-1 visa. They assured me that there should be no problems :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.