Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 minutes ago, KnoxThai said:

This sounds more like temporary work visas more than spousal or family visas. K1 and CR1, etc, are not temporary.

It doesn't seem logical to block spousal visas as they are not a threat to take American jobs (any time soon).

Temporary work visas are currently exempt because of industry demand. They're not going to touch those.

39 minutes ago, Claukittens said:

It seems that the US Embassy in Peru won’t process any K1 visas or CR1 visas for beneficiaries that were in the “interview” stage. We will see...

73D31662-C143-4FE3-AE4E-C0F337941A47.png

B01EC344-A0DB-4E5E-A1A4-2DCB7D3E54FA.png

That's not what that says at all. It's just reiterating the current suspension of all routine visa services worldwide.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KnoxThai said:

This sounds more like temporary work visas more than spousal or family visas. K1 and CR1, etc, are not temporary.

It doesn't seem logical to block spousal visas as they are not a threat to take American jobs (any time soon).

As before we can't be sure. Less likely for CR1 but it's easy to fathom a K1 visa can be temporary as it requires AOS after marriage, without getting married it's definitely temporary. We just have to wait and see, personally I see things getting more stringent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, shaolincrane said:

As before we can't be sure. Less likely for CR1 but it's easy to fathom a K1 visa can be temporary as it requires AOS after marriage, without getting married it's definitely temporary. We just have to wait and see, personally I see things getting more stringent.

You might be right.......we shall see......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Claukittens said:

Hi! Did you request the emergency interview?

and is Sydney under any lockdown law?

I wrote to my consulate and told them my situation with my fiancé and asked if they had any discretion to schedule an emergency interview for me. Sydney is in lockdown and the consulate had paused all routine interviews, but are still providing some limited services.  

*** Mod Warning: You guys are starting to shift the tone of this thread. Don't want to hear about how dark times are with immigration. Keep it straight about the EO or suspensions will continue.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For people looking at for a simpler explanation of who is included/excluded in the ban then do read these links. 

The proclamation will affect:

Spouses and minor children (under 21) of green card holders (lawful permanent residents) filing from outside the United States (“consular processing”)
Parents, siblings, and adult children (21 years and older) of U.S. citizens filing from outside the United States.
All employment-based green cards except the EB-5 (“immigrant investor”)
Diversity Visas.

The proclamation will not affect:

Any green card applicant filing from within the United States (“adjustment of status“)
Spouses or minor children (under 21) of U.S. citizens
Special Immigrant Visas
EB-5
Temporary visas (H1-B visas, student visas, etc.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/donald-trump-suspends-us-immigration/

https://www.boundless.com/blog/trump-immigration-ban-who-is-affected/

Edited by vkrishn

2 minutes ago, zhakavibe said:

yo tambien estoy en la misma situacion, per aun no se aclara la situacion de los k1 son solo suposiciones  

K1 is clarified.   They can still be issued but can not enter the US by land or from certain countries.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

19 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

For people looking at for a simpler explanation of who is included/excluded in the ban then do read these links. 

The proclamation will affect:

Spouses and minor children (under 21) of green card holders (lawful permanent residents) filing from outside the United States (“consular processing”)
Parents, siblings, and adult children (21 years and older) of U.S. citizens filing from outside the United States.
All employment-based green cards except the EB-5 (“immigrant investor”)
Diversity Visas.

The proclamation will not affect:

Any green card applicant filing from within the United States (“adjustment of status“)
Spouses or minor children (under 21) of U.S. citizens
Special Immigrant Visas
EB-5
Temporary visas (H1-B visas, student visas, etc.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/donald-trump-suspends-us-immigration/

https://www.boundless.com/blog/trump-immigration-ban-who-is-affected/

Thank you for this..

But what about K1 fiance visa?

There seems to be confusion or uncertainty as to where this lies.

Specially given that it's a nonimmigrant visa that's listed under immigrant Visa's on travel state Gov (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, zhakavibe said:

oficialmente es posible ingresar con una visa k1 emitida? esta es la incertidumbre 

do not post in any language other than english

=====================================

one post removed and admin action taken upon that member's account

no, moderation is NOT kidding about staying on topic.

charles

vj moderation

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

K1 is clarified.   They can still be issued but can not enter the US by land or from certain countries.

According to the local consulate, they're not being issued in Schengen countries because of the travel ban. We'll have to wait until it's either being clarified by DOS, or until someone from outside the Schengen zone runs into that wall when their local consulate opens again in June or whenever that happens.

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

¿En qué país estás ahora? Por ejemplo, si España, lea la siguiente publicación:

Si es otro país, puede ingresar a los Estados Unidos con un K-1 emitido. Asegúrese de no transitar por el Área Schengen, Reino Unido, Irlanda, Irán o China.

thanks I am in Ecuadorean so here we do not have info if it is possible get in with the k1 visa issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, zhakavibe said:

thanks I am in Ecuadorean so here we do not have info if it is possible get in with the k1 visa issued

cease modifying posts from english to spanish when quoting them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.