Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, CCAug2018 said:

Hi

What do you think, chief Executive Order suspended immigrants will challenge in US Supreme Court?

It will take a lot more than 60 days to get to the supreme court 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 6:48 PM, Unlockable said:

Great summary by our valued member @geowrian

So my husband is Australian, We own land and a home together here in Missouri. Is he still allowed to come home,as at this time,he is in Australia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, CCAug2018 said:

Hi

What do you think, chief Executive Order suspended immigrants will challenge in US Supreme Court?

It's been mentioned, in one of the press briefing, that there's a second one coming. I assume that there will be more, if this ends up getting defeated in the Supreme Court.
Also of note is the current travel ban, which seems to also have an effect on visa processing at the consular level. Even if this latest EO gets defeated or expires, the fact that they're not actually processing applications means that there won't be any new immigration from a huge number of countries anyway.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Diane Hildebrandt said:

So my husband is Australian, We own land and a home together here in Missouri. Is he still allowed to come home,as at this time,he is in Australia.

As posted just above by @geowrian:

"If you are a current green card holder, you can enter the US fine."

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
13 hours ago, ECCK said:

The Sydney consulate has scheduled an emergency interview for my K1 visa today. My interview will be next week. I expect this means that the EO doesn't apply to K1 visas since they are willing to issue one to me. 

Hi! Did you request the emergency interview?

and is Sydney under any lockdown law?

It seems that the US Embassy in Peru won’t process any K1 visas or CR1 visas for beneficiaries that were in the “interview” stage. We will see...

73D31662-C143-4FE3-AE4E-C0F337941A47.png

B01EC344-A0DB-4E5E-A1A4-2DCB7D3E54FA.png

Timeline
23 minutes ago, shaolincrane said:

Pure speculation at this point......the EO has not changed.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Pure speculation.......

How is an actual interview with the acting homeland security chief Chad Wolf "pure speculation"?

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

How is an actual interview with the acting homeland security chief Chad Wolf speculation?

Beat me to it, exactly what I was going to say.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

How is an interview with Chad Wolf speculation?

There is no new information in the article.  Nothing has changed in the original EO.......

Edited by Lucky Cat

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

There is no new information in the article.  Nothing has changed in the original EO.......and should not be posted in this thread, imo.

It's still an interview with the acting homeland security chief. While there might not be that much new info, having the actual person running the department confirm some of the rumors that have been floating around in this thread is still worth including in the thread.

Besides, the first paragraph seems pretty huge

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said Thursday that President Donald Trump's immigration executive order is a first step, teasing additional measures aimed at non-immigrant temporary visas.

How is this not important to the thread?

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
1 minute ago, sl1pstream said:

It's still an interview with the acting homeland security chief, while there might not be new info, having the actual person running the department confirm some of the rumors that have been floating around in this thread is still worth including in the thread.

OK......but many of the questions being asked in this thread have been answered.....people just need to read.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

...teasing additional measures aimed at non-immigrant temporary visas.

This sounds more like temporary work visas more than spousal or family visas. K1 and CR1, etc, are not temporary.

It doesn't seem logical to block spousal visas as they are not a threat to take American jobs (any time soon).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.