Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Treasure1 said:

Please how did you request for the emergency interview, my fiancee is already deployed,  we would want to  do this 

If you are at the embassy stage, contact them and explain your circumstances. The decision is ultimately up to them to decide if your case warrants emergency handling.

18 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Yes, but it's a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent. I'd assume that if it's classified under immigrant visa on the specific page that deals with visa classification, that it's under that category. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Why are they using surveymonkey?

They sent to give them survey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I asked the US embassy in Spain if they would be issuing new K1 visas in June (which is when mine expires) and this is the response I got:

95131DC8-31FA-4276-AAA2-200D3839A4AB.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Treasure1 said:

Please how did you request for the emergency interview, my fiancee is already deployed,  we would want to  do this 

I just emailed them and explained my situation, and i attached a letter from his command supporting our request for an emergency interview. There’s no harm in trying. 

Just now, AlekR88 said:

Good morning everyone! Fiancé successfully made it through Toronto customs this morning with his K1 visa. He says the customs officer first said they were not accepting that visa, but they were corrected by another officer and he ultimately was accepted. From there sounds like it was a smooth, normal process. I am sure he was the first visa through since the executive order took effect so there was probably some learning this morning. 

That’s great news. Thanks for reporting back!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

I asked the US embassy in Spain if they would be issuing new K1 visas in June (which is when mine expires) and this is the response I got:

We sure have been receiving different answers from the embassies. I think I'll take time for them to get the directives. 

As for PP 9994, that's the declaration of COVID-19 Outbreak as a National Emergency. That sounds bad if they'll wait it (outbreak) out considering it's projected to last into fall of this year. 

Edited by Isoversa

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Isoversa said:

We sure have been receiving different answers from the embassies. I think I'll take time for them to get the directives. 

As for PP 9994, that's the declaration of COVID-19 Outbreak as a National Emergency. 

And that will take ages until it is lifted... correct?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Isoversa said:

As for PP 9994, that's the declaration of COVID-19 Outbreak as a National Emergency. 

It'd be pretty neat if one of the lawyers, instead of livestreaming their guesses, would actually contact the right government agency that deals with this to get an actual answer. It sucks watching everyone livestream Q&As without having actual answers.

1 minute ago, Ela S. said:

There's no end date, so yes. Even if the last one expires without renewal, as long as that one is still in place there's no actual assurance that they'll start again.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

It’s ridiculous that the same embassy gave us different answers for the same visa!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ela S. said:

Yes, it's highly dependent on number of COVID-19 cases, but it's projected to last months for now. 

2 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

It'd be pretty neat if one of the lawyers, instead of livestreaming their guesses, would actually contact the right government agency that deals with this to get an actual answer. It sucks watching everyone livestream Q&As without having actual answers.

Yeah. I think things are just getting straightened out. Most likely we'll have definitive answers once cases are adjudicated again so... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Isoversa said:

Most likely we'll have definitive answers once cases are adjudicated again so... 

There's one major problem with that. Let's say the embassy thinks it's okay and still processes yours as if it is. You get on a flight and end up at the point of entry where the officer on duty interprets it the other way, sending you back because you're not allowed to enter according to the EO.

There needs to be a clear answer on this. Right now we're all just guessing, based on the fact that it's technically not an immigrant visa, even though the DOS website lists it with the other immigrant visas, it's being processed by the immigrant visa unit and it's a visa with eventual immigrant intent. It's kind of ridiculous that not a single immigration lawyer has actually gone after this and are all pretty sure that it's a non-immigrant visa. If the intent of the EO is to limit immigration, it'll include every type of visa they can include.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tomahawk999 said:

So the proclamation is not clear about physicians and nurses , are they exempting physician and nurses if they are applying on work visa only? ( bearing in mind that majority of physicians dont apply on work Visa while outside the US) Or any physician and nurse who have an immigration petition regardless of the type? 

This is a huge deal for me , I am a physician and my wife is a LPR , so I would like to know if I am exempt or not .

Any one knows? 

Yes, the wording here in unclear, as has been discussed a while back on this thread. Employment-based categories definitely fit there but as to whether Family-based immigrant visas are also exempted from the ban, that is less clear. We'll know soon once cases are processed in the Embassies so I hope things will get working again next month. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

There's one major problem with that. Let's say the embassy thinks it's okay and still processes yours as if it is. You get on a flight and end up at the point of entry where the officer on duty interprets it the other way, sending you back because you're not allowed to enter according to the EO.

There needs to be a clear answer on this. Right now we're all just guessing, based on the fact that it's technically not an immigrant visa, even though the DOS website lists it with the other immigrant visas, it's being processed by the immigrant visa unit and it's a visa with eventual immigrant intent. It's kind of ridiculous that not a single immigration lawyer has actually gone after this and are all pretty sure that it's a non-immigrant visa. If the intent of the EO is to limit immigration, it'll include every type of visa they can include.

I think what's going to happen is that directives will come from "higher ups" like the Department of State, even before embassies will open up and start processing the cases. They should all be on the same page by then. So there will be clear answers especially pertaining to which categories will be processed etc. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Kay & Evan said:

It’s ridiculous that the same embassy gave us different answers for the same visa!

wait did they tell you they were going to keep processing K-1’s? I forgot and can’t find your post now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.