Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, brukash said:

The EO stated that "any alien seeking to enter the United States pursuant to a Special Immigrant Visa in the SI or SQ classification, subject to such conditions as the Secretary of State may impose, and any spouse and children of any such individual...."

Is fiance exempted by this article?

I already answered you when you sent me a direct message but basically my answer is the same. Just as others here have stated, the EO doesn’t apply to K1 visas. You should read how the EO is written on the first page of this thread. Hope you find your answer soon. 

2 hours ago, ECCK said:

Australia is under lockdown and they extended it just recently. Most things are closed and we’re mostly inside at home. Hopefully it means it will reopen thought, so that others can get their interview soon too 

Is K1 or fiance visa of US is restricted or exempted from executive order of the President?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I emailed the embassy in Brussels and they're as helpful as ever, their reply does lead me to believe that if they do open on the 3rd, they won't actually start processing visas again.

Currently K-1 visa processing is suspended and we have no exact time on when the operations will resume. We currently have no further guidance for K-1 visas.

Please monitor our website for updated guidance

Timeline
5 minutes ago, brukash said:

I mean, the last time I emailed them, I was trying to see if they got our application and they kept sending me the same reply about the travel ban over and over again. I gave up after 3 emails. I don't expect them to give me anything more than the non-answer they've already sent.

It doesn't even mention the 60-day EO, so it's not like they're saying that the ban applies to it either. Nor does it mention that they'll start again on the 3rd.

It just reads like they won't be processing K1s for a while.

Edited by sl1pstream

1 minute ago, sl1pstream said:

I mean, the last time I emailed them, I was trying to see if they got our application and they kept sending me the same reply about the travel ban over and over again. I gave up after 3 emails. I don't expect them to give me anything more than the non-answer they've already sent.

It doesn't even mention the 60-day EO, so it's not like they're saying that the ban applies to it either.

It just reads like they won't be processing K1s for a while.

Okay, time will tell us. What a disappointment? I am eager to see my fiance & to live with her.

So the proclamation is not clear about physicians and nurses , are they exempting physician and nurses if they are applying on work visa only? ( bearing in mind that majority of physicians dont apply on work Visa while outside the US) Or any physician and nurse who have an immigration petition regardless of the type? 

This is a huge deal for me , I am a physician and my wife is a LPR , so I would like to know if I am exempt or not .

Any one knows? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sana1095 said:

So fiancé visa is a non immigrant visa so it will be fine I m attaching the link for all the immigrant visa’s.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/Immigrant Visa Symbols.pdf

It really depends on which page you look at, this one lists it as an immigrant visa because of its purpose.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html

Edited by sl1pstream

Just now, Beruang101 said:

I know many of you are wondering about the k1 visa if they are allowed into the country now the ban is in effect. I will let you know my fiancée is currently on a flight right now to come to the USA. She is expected to arrive in about 9 hours from now. I would greatly appreciate people’s prayers that this would go smoothly and I hope to report good news to you all. 

You are really lucky & I wish you all the best. Hope you will share us every details about excutive order.

12 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

It really depends on which page you look at, this one lists it as an immigrant visa because of its purpose.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html

Well I saw that but if you click on k1 you will see it as non immigrant in details.

22 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Plus I email embassy they replied me say this 

image.jpeg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sana1095 said:

Well I saw that but if you click on k1 you will see it as non immigrant in details.

Yes, but it's a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent. I'd assume that if it's classified under immigrant visa on the specific page that deals with visa classification, that it's under that category. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Sana1095 said:

Plus I email embassy they replied me say this 

image.jpeg

Why are they using surveymonkey?

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, ECCK said:

My fiance is in the US Navy and is expected to receive his deployment orders next month. 

Please how did you request for the emergency interview, my fiancee is already deployed,  we would want to  do this 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.