tomigaoka

Hospitals in manila for surgery

4 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, tomigaoka said:

Based on what you know, which one do you recommend for lets say PROSTATE BPH surgery? MAKATI MED is a good option? Any other options just want to hear ur opinion guys.

Ive moved Expats into Manila for a number of years.  There are three that we would recommend in the Manila area and those would be in no particular order:

1)  Makati Med

2)  St Lukes

3)  Asian Hospital in Alabang.

Give that, I have very little faith in any hospital in the Philippines, including the international ones.  Ive used Makati Med 3 times and was misdiagnosed 3 times where I just went to Singapore to get what I needed done.  If you do plan on having surgery in Manila at one of those 3, you need to ask ALOT of questions.  Do your own research and come with questions.  Filipinos have a habit to be very vague in explaining things and you need to imply a lot from the explanations. I would also get two opinions.  Of those 3, I have generally heard decent things about Asian Hospital its just a little harder to get too.  My Director's husband had a heart condition and supposedly the only heart doctor they would ever consider seeing was based out of there.  I have heard some other good feedback as well but no first hand knowledge myself.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Ive moved Expats into Manila for a number of years.  There are three that we would recommend in the Manila area and those would be in no particular order:

1)  Makati Med

2)  St Lukes

3)  Asian Hospital in Alabang.

Give that, I have very little faith in any hospital in the Philippines, including the international ones.  Ive used Makati Med 3 times and was misdiagnosed 3 times where I just went to Singapore to get what I needed done.  If you do plan on having surgery in Manila at one of those 3, you need to ask ALOT of questions.  Do your own research and come with questions.  Filipinos have a habit to be very vague in explaining things and you need to imply a lot from the explanations. I would also get two opinions.  Of those 3, I have generally heard decent things about Asian Hospital its just a little harder to get too.  My Director's husband had a heart condition and supposedly the only heart doctor they would ever consider seeing was based out of there.  I have heard some other good feedback as well but no first hand knowledge myself.

This type of thing is the deal breaker for me to ever consider retiring there. 

2 hours ago, Commish10 said:

This type of thing is the deal breaker for me to ever consider retiring there. 

Youll find alot of US retirees through out the whole country.  Some will have had successful surgeries and so forth but this is just a small sample size.  If you really look at the whole medical system, its really the comprehension on correct diagnosis and also just an understanding on how to use the machines they have.  The international hospitals tend to have the latest and greatest technology but its only as good as the user or the interpreter of the data it spits out.  And this is where the system is really bad.  

There are also alot of foreigner retired in the far fetched provinces and I really dont know how they do it if a medical emergencies arises.  Ive come to the conclusion that they have made the decision to live in these places and if something were to happen and they died, then thats what happens.  

If your retirement is still 7-10 years away, you could reevalute the medical system at that time and see if its something you could live with.  

The other thing to consider which indirectly is part of the medical system is traffic.  Alot of people die in-route to the hospitals since the traffic is so horrendous.   

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.