Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Cross-posting from other thread about the petiton...

Quick points as I read...

1. Impacts only immigrant visas. NIVs are not impacted.
  2. Does not impact anybody inside the US right now. Only people entering. AOS should not be impacted as a result.
  3. Does not impact existing visas.
  4. Existing, valid AP documents are still valid.
  5. Does not apply to LPRs
  6. Does not apply to any "physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees;  and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;"
  7. Does not impact EB-5 visas (an investment visa)
  8. Does not impact the spouse of a USC
  9. Does not impact children (under 21) of a USC, IR-4, or IH-4 visas
  10. Does not impact members or spouse or children of an active armed forces member

Edit:

It is active for 60 days unless extended.

Does not impact asylum or refugee cases (or other SI/SQ categories)

Effective as of 11:59 PM tomorrow (April 23rd)

it does not apply to LPRs ?? Lawful permanent residents ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
4 minutes ago, USUK8 said:

Well, our K-1 is on it's way to the NVC where it will basically be DOA no matter what this suspension says. We were already in a suspended period because everything is closed anyway, and have prepared for it. It sucks, but not really a shock at this point. I think everyone should keep moving with their process until someone stops you, that's really all we can do right now. 

We need businesses, borders and embassies open before we can do jack,, and that won't happen for at least 60 days anyway.

I am in the same boat as you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife was approved for the cr1 visa on march, we got her passport with the stamp on. I'm a u.s citizen and I'm with her in Brazil. Our flight is scheduled for may. Will this affect her entry

Just now, Mikepeter said:

I am just little confused my dad had visa IR5 so he is ok or he is banned ?! 
Sorry but i am totally  confused.

he has the visa, therefore hes ok is my understanding.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

So in the case that your visa type is exempt and you were due to get a green card through that visa - CR1 in this case. There will be no ban on new green cards being issued? 

Thanks in advance for anyone who can clear that specific question.

Matt

That's how I read it, which is not what Trump said yesterday.

2 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

So in the case that your visa type is exempt and you were due to get a green card through that visa - CR1 in this case. There will be no ban on new green cards being issued? 

Thanks in advance for anyone who can clear that specific question.

Matt

If you're a spouse of a United States citizen, this doesn't affect you at all. No ban. 

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, emma24 said:

Still don’t understand what this means for K1....it’s a non immigrant visa. Is it exempt???

It’s a non immigrant visa and I think it’s exempt. Talking from experience from previous bans on immigrant visas but pls clarify with your embassy. 

1 minute ago, KTH1010 said:

What about USC parent in the US applying for AOS. Are there any clarifications on that? 

No issue for AOS. He can AOS fine.

1 minute ago, Mikepeter said:

I am just little confused my dad had visa IR5 so he is ok or he is banned ?! 
Sorry but i am totally  confused.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how more clearly I can say it. His existing visa is fine to enter the country.

Just now, Rsmee said:

it does not apply to LPRs ?? Lawful permanent residents ..

Yes. Existing LPRs can enter the country still.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jediel❤Cinthia said:

My wife was approved for the cr1 visa on march, we got her passport with the stamp on. I'm a u.s citizen and I'm with her in Brazil. Our flight is scheduled for may. Will this affect her entry

From the way it is being interpreted, no. She will be fine as she currently has her visa and is a spouse of a us citizen.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, vince4492 said:

Alright, so now the next question is - say youre exempt. Does this cancel out the Schengen travel ban (if you're coming from the schengen area)?

As in, can one travel to the U.S (if youre exempt as per the new EO) despite being from the Schengen Area? 

Not sure about that but my initial thinking is that if K1's are on hold it might just speed up the exempt processing. Just thinking outloud. 

3 minutes ago, Jediel❤Cinthia said:

it seems you should be okay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.