Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Guys maybe we will find out in an hour or so if that EO is been signed today or not. So let’s just hope for the best. Cheers

3531AC92-B5B1-4D52-B4E3-EE81AD697E99.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Joining everyone on page 83, though I've been reading for awhile.

I'm the USC, but I'm living in Turkey with my husband. We filed the I-130 though DCF emergency expedite last week, and my husband had his interview today. They put him in AP to do more background checks because he also has Syrian nationality, so now it's just a waiting game. I feel like we're racing against the clock to get to the US while we still can.

47 minutes ago, judyann811 said:

That scares me, the fact they're going to 'contact immigrants soon'...

Well until DOS has clear directives on exactly what is happening, they have no choice but to say that.  They can't implement policy until they know what it is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

There has been absolutely no evidence to suggest that as of now...the news media has an agenda...relax and wait....I have seen an email from a consulate which stated that visa holders are fine.........we shall see soon.

Does that include those of us who are halfway through the process? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RPete said:

We don't know anything at this point :) Let's not stress until we have an actual statement from someone who actually knows something

8 minutes ago, RPete said:

Yes....Just wait and see

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, optimistic23 said:

Guys maybe we will find out in an hour or so if that EO is been signed today or not. So let’s just hope for the best. Cheers

3531AC92-B5B1-4D52-B4E3-EE81AD697E99.jpeg

Not likely.  Trump was intentional vague and kept his cards close to his chest yesterday at his press conference,  even when asked a direct question about what were going to be the exceptions.  Quite frankly, I don't think he even knows for sure what's going to be in it.  I would bet the attorneys are wrestling to come up with something that won't immediately land in court. 

Timeline

You'll literally have to listen to all of it, even if he does talk about immigration.  His comments yesterday came somewhere towards the end and literally out of nowhere.  It was like one minute they were talking about the PPP or something like that and the the next he threw out the statement about the immigration EO.  

I don't have the energy to listen to it today. 

Edited by GregandNatty

Timeline
13 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Yeah he seems super irritable. 

He's probably catching alot of heat the last 24-48 hours.  Threatening to halt all immigration, which is what his original tweet stated, is one of the most drastic things he's ever proposed doing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.