Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Five more posts are removed.

Curious what was the reason mine were? I'd like to avoid the same mistake in the future.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

Do immediate family members include siblings? (F4 visa)

Just now, skjourney said:

no, its parents, children, spouses.

To be clear its minor children

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lskifghj said:

Parents for citizens under 21

No its for parents for citizens over 21

Those under 21 cant petition

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/us_petition_for_immediate_relative

Edited by designguy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, James and Vanessa said:

Speculation from supposedly legitimate news outlets is absolutely pointless.

I recall yesterday when a Bloomberg article claimed to have seen a copy and the order was focused on curbing temporary workers, H1B, etc while excluding green card seekers and today the word is it does the exact opposite.

Wait for the document, and even then a federal judge somewhere will probably shoot it down.

Bloomberg article still mentions the same exemptions. Other than that i totally agree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Okay, joining in here on page 81. I feel like I’m reading so much contradicting information on this topic (probably because no one is really sure about what’s going to happen). Does anyone have any idea how this could affect those who are here and adjusting status? My apologies if it’s already been addressed earlier in this thread but I can’t read through all 80 pages 🙄

1 minute ago, jules98 said:

Okay, joining in here on page 81. I feel like I’m reading so much contradicting information on this topic (probably because no one is really sure about what’s going to happen). Does anyone have any idea how this could affect those who are here and adjusting status? My apologies if it’s already been addressed earlier in this thread but I can’t read through all 80 pages 🙄

The best answer is no one knows and wait for the order to come out.

Anything besides that is speculation and non-factual.

2 minutes ago, jules98 said:

the common thought is its likely to be processed as normal, at worst itll be part of the suspension so will be delayed until gcs are opened up again.

31 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Wat.

Well I won't speak to the first tweet but I will to the second tweet. The second tweet is correct and is backed up by facts. When he initially did the travel ban with China he was vilified by everyone called a "Racist and Xenophobic" for doing a travel ban on China. Nancy Pelosi actually submitted a bill called the No Ban Act in to Congress to combat the ban. Only now many people are saying that "he did not go far enough with his travel ban". Some other people are complaining that "he let in 40k people in from China after the travel ban was put in place". But what is left out is that those people were USCs and LPRs. I actually had someone argue with me yesterday that "he shouldn't have allowed those people in to the country even if they are USCs and LPRs". That person is not a Trump fan at all saying that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, skjourney said:

the common thought is its likely to be processed as normal, at worst itll be part of the suspension so will be delayed until gcs are opened up again.

3 minutes ago, Fox123 said:

The best answer is no one knows and wait for the order to come out.

Anything besides that is speculation and non-factual.

Thanks y’all! Figured there’s not much thats known yet, but thought I should see if anyone had any more clue than I do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

Anyone realized that today the articles are moving away from talking about immediate family members exemptions?.

How so?

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.