Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dmitry07 said:

Whats the best way to enter US right now given travel suspended from Europe and Asia?

There are still (almost) daily flights from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Washington, D.C. on Ethiopian Airlines. But unless you're already there, it will be difficult to get to Ethiopia. And if you manage to get there, there's a mandatory 14-day quarantine enforced by the airline/govenrment. And if you get through that, airlines are checking who can board the flight to D.C. and insist on US citizens and LPR. I'm not sure if other valid visas are being allowed but I doubt tourist visas would allowed to board. I heard from someone that at boarding, the airline agents have a Homeland Security list of passengers booked on the flight and which to allow or deny boarding.

It's pretty grim out there but US citizens/LPR who are in or can make it to Ethiopia should be able to make it to D.C.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

But the thing is that they are putting their spin on things in order to get views or clickbait. Until it comes out then we won't know anything

You're right, and they know we will read it obsessively without even having proof about what will actually transpire. This is pretty terrible 

12 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

A bluff?  I doubt that.  Trump has been quite transparent about his position on immigration, both legal and illegal.

true, I just wonder what he can legally pass. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A dozen more AOS/off-topic/political posts have been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

20 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Trump just said farmers will not be affected

Because otherwise agriculture would come to a stand-still since Americans won't/don't pick fruit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Because otherwise agriculture would come to a stand-still since Americans won't/don't pick fruit.

Correct.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, Jorgedig said:

as ive argued before, they will pick fruit, what they wont do is pick fruit for $6 an hour.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I hope they will so it isn't the debacle like the travel ban v1 was. 

Did the Europe/China bans have any legal action taken against them? I feel like they language will be closely tailored to these and the current emergency will give it more "legitimacy"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Five more posts are removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

5 minutes ago, designguy said:

Did the Europe/China bans have any legal action taken against them? I feel like they language will be closely tailored to these and the current emergency will give it more "legitimacy"

No, but the state of Missouri did just sue the CCP about them hiding the fact how contagious COVID-19 was for weeks. 

6 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

It looks like about 6 million immigrant workers are considered essential so they most likely won't be affected (well too bad for Trump plans to save jobs for Americans)

Well tbh a lot of those jobs are seasonal jobs. Where many companies/farmers don't hire Americans to do it anymore anyways. But that has been happening for 30 years now due to low wages

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
15 minutes ago, dekk123 said:

Do immediate family members include siblings? (F4 visa)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.