Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Major said:

Some news outlets are speculating the LPR spouses are also exempted just like USC spouse. Nothing concrete though since the EO isn’t out yet. 

1406FAF4-9CE4-4868-BB55-AE3DB851F3D4.png

I hope and pray this is gonna what could it be, I’m a LPR sponsored child and planning to go to US before my 21st bday on January 1st. It’s an extra pressure for me racing with time and depending on lucks as of this moment. 

Edited by Kem21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kem21 said:

I hope and pray this is gonna what could be, I’m a LPR sponsored child and planning to go to US before my 21st bday on January 1. It’s an extra pressure for me racing with time and depending on lucks as of this moment. 

Don’t worry, all will be fine at the end. The EO is a temporary one and won’t last till January next year, hopefully.

Edited by Major

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Major said:

Don’t worry, all will be fine at the end. The EO is a temporary one and won’t last till January next year.

Thanks for the words of comfort 😓☺️

4 minutes ago, Major said:

Don’t worry, all will be fine at the end. The EO is a temporary one and won’t last till January next year.

Lol, you really believe that?

Edited by givionte

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

theres certainly room for Trump to extend the EO indefinitely, he hasnt stated any parameters about what would allow immigration again. If he gets re-elected its potentially something that could go on for years... yes this is speculation but when terms arent defined thats all we have to go by.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jennilacute said:

I sincerely hope the immediate family include unmarried children above 21..cause all is children, just wasn’t fortunate to cross over b4 turning 21. Thats the F1 category. I just hope 

Most of the news outlets who are talking to "administration officials on conditions of anonymity" seem to be saying the EO will exclude immediate family .

This EO seems mainly in response to the huge unemployment numbers in the US and the perception that immigrants are coming in on work visas, or work related VISAs, and scoping up jobs.  There was a recent USA today poll were 80% of American's support Trump's move, so he already has it pretty much sold to the public.  Most American's don't really understand what legal immigration is all about.  Before I dove into the process myself, I didn't perceive the difference between legal vs illegal immigration because I didn't understand it.  When most of us American's think of immigration we think of all of the pictures and news clips of people climbing over walls along our southern boarder.   It's a sad but true fact. 

My guess is the reason why we're still waiting to see what is in the actual EO is that the lawyers are trying to hash out something that just isn't going to wind up in the supreme court.   IMO, Trump would play hell trying to truly cut off all green cards.  Remember also that his own wife came to the US on a green card just prior to marrying him.  Him truly cutting off all green cards in light of that, won't play well come Nov 3.   Odds are that the EO is going to be much less than what Trump implied in his Tweet a couple nights ago.

Edited by GregandNatty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, givionte said:

Lol, you really believe that?

If the pandemic abate and the economy bounce back, why not? Couple with the fact that it’s a temporary EO and I prefer been positive as well.

3 minutes ago, Major said:

If the pandemic abate and the economy bounce back, why not? Couple with the fact that it’s a temporary EO and I prefer been positive as well.

None of his previous EO's have been temporary though.  I'm just going by history, and no expert thinks the economy will be bouncing back for at least 6 months or longer, the travel industry will be damaged for at least a year or two.  If this is to stem the flow of workers coming in so Americans have a larger pool of jobs, 2 months isn't going to amount to anything.

Married - 2018-09-25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicolaszz said:

God I hope so... The uncertainty is killing me

It’s not uncertainty, so you can breath easier. Congress creates the visa classifications through laws which of course the President would have to sign.  A President can lobby for a change as we have seen many times in the past, but in general, congressional gridlock will most likely preclude any changes in the near future.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

I know we don't know anything for certain until he actually signs the EO. But if we, spouses of USC already in the US with AOS pending, are affected, does it mean that is only suspending the processing of the Green Card or does it mean that we can get kicked out?

Just trying to see worst case scenarios and be prepared with options.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Gamisha said:

Hi all,

I know we don't know anything for certain until he actually signs the EO. But if we, spouses of USC already in the US with AOS pending, are affected, does it mean that is only suspending the processing of the Green Card or does it mean that we can get kicked out?

Thanks!

you wont get kicked out on AOS

Just now, Gamisha said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

No, once a PR, always a PR, unless you do something incredibly illegal that could threaten your eligibility.

Married - 2018-09-25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gamisha said:

I would suggest not focusing on the worst case scenarios.......just wait until the actual order is released.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.