Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

I know this might be a tad bit too extreme, but is it reasonable to be scared that my husband will never receive his immigrant visa? I'm scared that Trump will just use this to eventually ban F4 immigration right before my husband gets one. I know he can apply then through the spouse thing, but that is a whole new process. Are there any mentions in the media of this happening?

I honestly don't know and can't advise on that. I sincerely want to console you and reduce your fears on such a situation. I could say that everything will be alright but that won't be a guarantee. But anything can be possible, especially down the line. All I can say that as of now, your husband has a right to immigrate under the F4 category because it is still an option.

The F4 category is a tough category because for years many people see it as an unnecessary category. The US is one of only a few countries in the world that offer sibling visas which is why the wait is so long. The best advice is to be well prepared for the worst but hope for the best.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone , 

i know it’s a very difficult time for all of us . Especially waiting on the EO to « tell us » what’s it’s gonna happen ..

My IR1 visa was approved in Paris in March and I received my passeport with my visa in it .

we were supposed to fly but everything was cancelled and we were planning to fly after the end of the French containment ( may 11th) 

‘’but now there is « that » . 

i payed my green card fees March 15th and I have the tracking number . My question. Is , due to what’s going on and D.Trump suspending green cards for 2 months , as I already payed the fees . Will they suspend the production of my green card ? Because the « my USCIS » website says that I can receive it 120 days after 1 st entry or 120 days after visa fees being payed . 

right now , as a lot of it I am a little bit confused .. 

thanks in advance for your answers 🙏😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi everyone , 

i know it’s a very difficult time for all of us . Especially waiting on the EO to « tell us » what’s it’s gonna happen ..

My IR1 visa was approved in Paris in March and I received my passeport with my visa in it .

we were supposed to fly but everything was cancelled and we were planning to fly after the end of the French containment ( may 11th) 

‘’but now there is « that » . 

i payed my green card fees March 15th and I have the tracking number . My question. Is , due to what’s going on and D.Trump suspending green cards for 2 months , as I already payed the fees . Will they suspend the production of my green card ? Because the « my USCIS » website says that I can receive it 120 days after 1 st entry or 120 days after visa fees being payed . 

right now , as a lot of it I am a little bit confused .. 

thanks in advance for your answers 🙏😊

If the spouse visa is exempted from the ban, then I do not think you will have a problem obtaining a GC. Nothing is obvious for now lets just wait and see.

I have an IR1 visa myself so lets just hope we are good to go

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

If the spouse visa is exempted from the ban, then I do not think you will have a problem obtaining a GC. Nothing is obvious for now lets just wait and see.

I have an IR1 visa myself so lets just hope we are good to go

Thank you for your answer .

we will see .

praying to be allowed to go 🙏🤞

13 hours ago, givionte said:

Draft order leaks still aren't clear about parents.  It seems spouses and children may be likely, competing news leaks are unclear about parents (one says ok, other does not mention parents).  Tomorrow (US time) the EO will officially release, and we'll know for certain then.

Thank you for responding. I am so nervous. We are so closed just waiting for interview date and now this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Anxiously waiting to see the EO.... I am just a little confused on whether this applies to VISAS or GREENCARDS. I wonder if a visa could still be issued but no greencard sent for spouses. I am the USC and pursuing a K1 for my fiance so it doesn't pertain to me if that is the case but it would be nice if visas were still approved.

13 minutes ago, emma24 said:

Anxiously waiting to see the EO.... I am just a little confused on whether this applies to VISAS or GREENCARDS. I wonder if a visa could still be issued but no greencard sent for spouses. I am the USC and pursuing a K1 for my fiance so it doesn't pertain to me if that is the case but it would be nice if visas were still approved.

I hope the same because my fiancé did his interview but the put him on administrative process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

I know this might be a tad bit too extreme, but is it reasonable to be scared that my husband will never receive his immigrant visa? I'm scared that Trump will just use this to eventually ban F4 immigration right before my husband gets one. I know he can apply then through the spouse thing, but that is a whole new process. Are there any mentions in the media of this happening?

I don’t believe any President has the power to eliminate a visa classification by themselves on a permanent basis.  I believe this would take an act of Congress, which I don’t see happening anytime soon.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmptySeats said:

To update everyone, we took TBone's advice and she entered this morning in Fort Lauderdale no problem. Well, there was a problem because the Guayaquil Embassy lost our i-129f and she could't show it (but should show her email from them showing that they lost it). They eventually let her in. Thanks for all your advice everyone.

While it's great she made it - denial would have been a real disaster - it's still heartbreaking that she had to up and leave in these circumstances, unplanned. The original plan was for her to move in May, and travel the country to see people for the second half of April (or even all of April) after quitting her job. Then in early April we booked a one way for June 7, even if being able to leave her region of Ecuador was still likely impossible before then - it would allow for that chance, maybe, and would give her a date in advance to prepare so such a huge life changing move. But with the EO, our hand got forced here.

Her first two weeks here, she'll be totally quarantined and we'll have masks on when around each other. We'll eventually call the city clerk to marry us at his desk. He wears gloves, a mask, and a baseball cap to work. We'll have masks on. Strange times. I'm definitely bringing this local photographer who has been posting COVID pictures on social media.

Hoping the best for everyone else. Thanks for your help, all.

Wow this is amazing I’m so glad she made it!!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

I honestly don't know and can't advise on that. I sincerely want to console you and reduce your fears on such a situation. I could say that everything will be alright but that won't be a guarantee. But anything can be possible, especially down the line. All I can say that as of now, your husband has a right to immigrate under the F4 category because it is still an option.

The F4 category is a tough category because for years many people see it as an unnecessary category. The US is one of only a few countries in the world that offer sibling visas which is why the wait is so long. The best advice is to be well prepared for the worst but hope for the best.

Hmm.. I heard of a travel waiver. Do you think that might be possible knowing that we all have green cards now with the exception of a beneficiary, my husband?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I don’t believe any President has the power to eliminate a visa classification by themselves on a permanent basis.  I believe this would take an act of Congress, which I don’t see happening anytime soon.

God I hope so... The uncertainty is killing me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.