Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I can’t wait to find out what happens to people who got approved and have a visa in passport but were told they will be issued a green card upon entry. My parents have been stuck in Germany since the flight ban and now there’s no hope for us to reunite 😞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think it’s necessary everybody calm down so as not to develop unnecessary increase blood pressure. 

Trump is rolling out the EO because creating Jobs for Americans have always been one of the focal points of his campaign in 2016 and now with election around the corner, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought down his rating in that regard couple with the criticism he’s been receiving right, left and center for his poor handling of the situation.

So, with this in mind, the restriction on the issuance of ‘New Green Cards’ will mainly target employment/work-based green cards with some exemptions (temporary farms workers and those working to keep the food chain going) I suppose, since he wants to get his approval rating for reducing unemployment up again.

From what we’ve also read from news outlets like Bloomberg, CNN, Politico and others who have obtained a formal copy of the executive draft, immediate family members of USC will be exempted but for now nothing is concrete until the EO is signed and made public but in the main time, let’s keep faith and be hopeful for a positive outcome.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Lskifghj said:

How can you book a flight if there is a flight ban that trump put on almost all countries?

Not all countries are affected by the flight restriction. Most Africa  countries aren’t included in the ban. 

Edited by Major

31 minutes ago, Major said:

I think it’s necessary everybody calm down so as not to develop unnecessary increase blood pressure. 

Trump is rolling out the EO because creating Jobs for Americans have always been one of the focal points of his campaign in 2016 and now with election around the corner, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought down his rating in that regard couple with the criticism he’s been receiving right, left and center for his poor handling of the situation.

So, with this in mind, the restriction on the issuance of ‘New Green Cards’ will mainly target employment/work-based green cards with some exemptions (temporary farms workers and those working to keep the food chain going) I suppose, since he wants to get his approval rating for reducing unemployment up again.

From what we’ve also read from news outlets like Bloomberg, CNN, Politico and others who have obtained a formal copy of the executive draft, immediate family members of USC will be exempted but for now nothing is concrete until the EO is signed and made public but in the main time, let’s keep faith and be hopeful for a positive outcome.

What about spouse of lpr?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ramar1 said:

When will the EO come out? What time 

It’s still night time here in the US. Probably some time during the day or evening here. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

while we wait for further details, does anyone here knows anything regarding the Constitution and family relationships?

Has VisaJourney already posted something regarding  this? Maybe I missed this. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
25 minutes ago, jobyge said:

What about spouse of lpr?

We don't have clarity on anything at the moment. Some media outlets report that spouses of LPRs are excluded just like spouses of USC, some outlets report that LPRs are not excluded from the suspension.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
Hello Everyone,
Important article from the NYTimes:

And important quote in this article: 

“Officials said on Tuesday that American citizens seeking to bring their children or spouses to the United States would still be allowed to do so.”

Let’s cross our fingers it stays this way.
Take care all,
Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, 0NI said:

I wonder how this will affect K1 filers. :(

My Fiance and I are in the same boat, we managed to get an interview at the London consulate for June 8th, 2020. I have been scouring the posts on this forum and see that the K-1 is a temporary visa that grants the beneficiary the golden ticket into the US in order to marry. Beyond that the K-1 visa provides no other provisions. Period. It is when you move to adjust the status to a green card holder that this current ban would potentially affect the process. So lets do a little math with my scenario and you can take from it what you will.

today is April 21st, 2020 + 60 days would be June 17th. 

Fiance consulate interview is June 8th + 7 days for the courier to deliver is June 15th, 2020. (visa in hand)

Provided that airlines will be operating at some kind of capacity we would have 6 months to use up the "golden ticket" which at the far end would be December 15th, 2020. 

Now I don't want to wait til December so lets say for this scenario we book a flight for one month from the time of visa issuance - July 15th. Once he arrives in the USA we have 3 months (90 days) to get married which would put us at October 15th at the latest. 

Then and only then would this ban come into effect in regards to our K-1 visa. When we would have to adjust his status to green card holder. God willing and this may sound selfish in the current circumstanes of the world but time is still on our side for our happy ending. 

Stay safe out there, keep your chin up and remember what the Queen said "Happier days will soon return".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We filed for removal of conditions on 27 March. We got an I-797 acknowledging receipt. I am wondering if this order from Trump will pause removal of conditions? My wife has had a conditional green card for almost two years, so is already authorized to work.

Edited by LouK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, Lskifghj said:

Yes immediate families such as spouses and kids under 21 only like in his Europe travel ban. 

Agreed. I guess thats all he would exempt from family members. I hope he exempts fiancee visas as well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, LouK said:

We filed for removal of conditions on 27 March. We got an I-797 acknowledging receipt. I am wondering if this order from Trump will pause removal of conditions? My wife has had a conditional green card for almost two years, so is already authorized to work.

You should be fine.  I haven’t seen any speculation about retracting LPR status, or stopping ROC.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LeoUSA said:

Agreed. I guess thats all he would exempt from family members. I hope he exempts fiancee visas as well

I dont think.  He is targeting  that specific category .. mainly those who are seeking green card 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.