Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

sparing a thought for those who were in the late stages of getting a work related green card, this could legit put years until they get processed.

Edited by skjourney

Timeline
Just now, EmptySeats said:

What happens, hypothetically, if it is signed when she is in the air? Or can a border control person be a jerk, knowing that there will be an order at some point, and decide not to let her in? Just thinking out all the scenarios.

i think trump said he will not sign until tomorrow or the day after, anything after that seems to be up in the air. Maybe in his order, issued visas are already exempt so it doesnt matter. But in your shoes, I would be hopping on the next plane.

In terms of border control, its also up in the air. It sucks. I read that someone crossed the border from canada with their K1 visa last week and had no issue. But then I also read someone tried to do the same a couple days afterwards, and were denied due to "non essential travel". I'm sorry for your situation. 

Source by 

By JILL COLVIN , ELLIOT SPAGAT AND BEN FOX , ASSOCIATED PRESS 
April 21, 2020 - 6:40 PM

Again guys. 

Americans Citizen who wish to bring immediate family to the country would still be able to do so, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the plan was announced. About one million people were granted green cards last year.“

If you live in U.S , and become citizen, this is one of the profit that you are getting. All about Citizen first.

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Just now, VTimmy said:

Source by 

By JILL COLVIN , ELLIOT SPAGAT AND BEN FOX , ASSOCIATED PRESS 
April 21, 2020 - 6:40 PM

Again guys. 

Americans Citizen who wish to bring immediate family to the country would still be able to do so, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the plan was announced. About one million people were granted green cards last year.“

If you live in U.S , and become citizen, this is one of the profit that you are getting. All about Citizen first.

This confuses me, will sons/daughters of US Citizens over 21 apply to this or just children under 21?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, skjourney said:

sparing a thought for those who were in the late stages of getting a work related green card, this could legit put years until they get processed.

Agree. While we are here discussing if we will be affected or not, there are many that definitely will be and are currently having to come to terms with that. My thoughts go out to them. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

1 minute ago, Desii said:

This is my exact situation as well. Looking for the same insight. 

AOS 99.9% should be fine from every leak ive seen so far if married to a USC... we`ll find out for sure tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

i think trump said he will not sign until tomorrow or the day after, anything after that seems to be up in the air. Maybe in his order, issued visas are already exempt so it doesnt matter. But in your shoes, I would be hopping on the next plane.

In terms of border control, its also up in the air. It sucks. I read that someone crossed the border from canada with their K1 visa last week and had no issue. But then I also read someone tried to do the same a couple days afterwards, and were denied due to "non essential travel". I'm sorry for your situation. 

What happens when you are denied? On land it's one thing, but what about in the air?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Andres1987 said:

This confuses me, will sons/daughters of US Citizens over 21 apply to this or just children under 21?

Under 21. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EmptySeats said:

What happens when you are denied? On land it's one thing, but what about in the air?

they put you on the next flight out. I have obviously not heard of people denied with a k1 (but obviously times are different now), but those who were denied with tourist visas said the experience was pretty bad as they hold you until the next flight goes out. I really hope she is admitted 

Filed: Timeline

My wife's Immigrant visa got approved in February 27th, and we were scheduled to fly to USA and then COVID 19 happened. Does this executive order mean she can Not enter USA now? Her visa has an expiration date of August 1st, and the airports are all closed we can not travel, there private charter planes but extremely expensive. I don't want to pay $5000 for tickets only for her to be turned back at the border, what to do? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

they put you on the next flight out. I have obviously not heard of people denied with a k1 (but obviously times are different now), but those who were denied with tourist visas said the experience was pretty bad as they hold you until the next flight goes out. I really hope she is admitted 

There is a ban on anyone entering Ecuador right now, even citizens. No flights go there. Ughhhhhh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@EmptySeats Really hope your fiancée gets admitted to the country. This is a very tough spot to be in. Wishing you both the strength to deal with this situation! Hope it all turns out well!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Colaam said:

@EmptySeats Really hope your fiancée gets admitted to the country. This is a very tough spot to be in. Wishing you both the strength to deal with this situation! Hope it all turns out well!

The comments here are having me lean towards not even trying. The flights lands at Fort Lauderdale at 7:30am.  Before the executive order is signed, we are almost sure. And we are almost sure it wouldn't block K1. But if it does, there is no way to get back into Ecuador. No one can enter the country from abroad right now, even citizens.

Seems that she could be detained, no?

Edited by EmptySeats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.