Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

How did you get I-551 stamp if you didn't activate your visa yet?

Sorry for the confusion, my passport says "Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year"

3 minutes ago, skjourney said:

it literally says it in black and white on links 2 of us have provided lol i dunno what the confusion is

My interpretation form the uscis  website that parents are immediate relative. I tried to find on uscis website a word says immediate family I couldn’t find. They put the spouse and the parents in the same category. Even my Dad visa has classification of IR5 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Andres1987 said:

Sorry for the confusion, my passport says "Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year"

Oh that's different - so you have the visa but not the stamp yet. This means like everyone else it depends on what they announce in the EO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Andres1987 said:

That is valid only once you enter the US using the visa and CBP puts an endorsing stamp

in the passport just over the edge of the visa foil. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Still not sure where this leaves me as a K1.

I honestly believe that our worst nightmares are coming true. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll have good news and some clarity. But what a journey. 

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Oh that's different - so you have the visa but not the stamp yet. This means like everyone else it depends on what they announce in the EO

4 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

That is valid only once you enter the US using the visa and CBP puts an endorsing stamp

in the passport just over the edge of the visa foil. 

Thank you, crossing fingers then, this is absolutely nerve wrecking, my Visa is to expire soon to boot and my flight has been moved twice now. Worst is that most are pointing out the exception will be for immediate family members only, and being over 21 that won't apply to me. :(

Edited by Andres1987

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~4 posts removed. DO not spam this thread with Petitions. There is a thread for that already. 2 other posts removed as off topic. Stick to the topic of this thread only.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

What does it mean exactly to have the interview waived ? Do they just send you the greencard without an interview ?

Yes.  I believe those that got waivers had a USCIS status of "interview is ready to be scheduled" change to "new card is being produced."  And they had already had biometrics done for the EAD/AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, billandmy said:

For the K1 Fiance Visa Applicants

K1 Fiance Visa is totally a Non-Immigrant Temporary Visa without a question. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 7.26.56 PM.png

That's great news... And they said this will not apply to temporary visas, right? 

17 minutes ago, ashley_ann said:

This is where my thoughts are as well. K1 visa my case is in transit to Montreal as we speak. 
guess we will find out tomorrow, nothing we can do but wait and just cross our fingers this EO doesn’t get renewed. 

Mine was in transit last month and even though it arrived it still says in transit so I really am stuck regardless. I’m also waiting anxiously for tomorrow.

Just now, KP23 said:

That's great news... And they said this will not apply to temporary visas, right? 

Dont take my words but here is what Trump said. And im sticking with it word by word

"This order will only be applied to individuals seeking permanent residents in order words GREEN CARD holders, WILL NOT BE APPLIED TO THOSE ENTERING ON A TEMPORARY BASIS..." Trump 6:00pm April 21st.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, billandmy said:

For the K1 Fiance Visa Applicants

K1 Fiance Visa is totally a Non-Immigrant Temporary Visa without a question. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 7.26.56 PM.png

I'd love to think that K-1 would slip through the cracks on a technicality, but clearly Trump's intent is to keep permanent job seekers out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, JonSeattle said:

I'd love to think that K-1 would slip through the cracks on a technicality, but clearly Trump's intent is to keep permanent job seekers out.

...who are not direct family members 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.