Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Who does this affect?

• Immigrants applying for a green card from an embassy abroad for the following immigrant categories:
    • DV
    • All EB except EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
    • F1, F2A, F2B, F3, F4

What does this NOT affect?

• Nonimmigrant visas of any kind (F-1, J-1, B, etc)
  • Nonimmigrant work visas (H, TN, etc)

Who does this NOT affect?

• Anyone who's in the US at the date of the order, i.e. including existing Adjustment of Status applicants
  • Anyone who already has a valid immigrant visa
  • Anyone entering to work in healthcare/medical research, and their spouse/children
  • EB-5 and EB2 (NIW only)
  • Spouse and minor (under 21) child of USC

SPOOKIE - Thank you for the above. Can you answer: is K1 EXEMPT? Yes or no? So those In the process of KI applications will continue to do so ? Business as usual then we no additional delays other than the closure of embassy’s...?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I know lots of people have been asking the same thing over and over again, simply trying to understand. If someone is the fiancé (K-1 visa) of an active duty member, it doesn’t apply to them? 
It’s just confusing honestly. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TVC said:

I'm a us citizen. My wifes 6yo son who I haven't adopted cant come now?

21 year old and younger as others have said

2 minutes ago, sss77 said:

Are Parents of USCs banned too who have an outstanding LPR case processing ?

If they are applying for a visa (not doing AOS in the US) and do not have the IR-5 visa issued by the end of tomorrow, then they will be banned until this EO expires.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, USUK123 said:

SPOOKIE - Thank you for the above. Can you answer: is K1 EXEMPT? Yes or no? So those In the process of KI applications will continue to do so ? Business as usual then we no additional delays other than the closure of embassy’s...?

Its been said previously,  K1 is exempt 

YMMV

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, harden4mvp said:

For F2A application (spouse of LPR) where the I-130 is still pending with USCIS (CSC) -- not visa stage yet -- will the I130 processing be impacted in any way? 

I-130 should process as normal. but a visa couldnt be issued under the ban

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Reyess said:

I know lots of people have been asking the same thing over and over again, simply trying to understand. If someone is the fiancé (K-1 visa) of an active duty member, it doesn’t apply to them? 
It’s just confusing honestly. 

It seems all K1 visas are safe for the moment from what I’ve been gathering now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So if I’m reading this right there is no ban on Non-Immigrant Visas. That would include a K visa. More specifically a K1 visa. So the Fiancée comes on a Non Immigrant VISA. Then gets married to the US citizen. Then they would be exempt from the Green Card Ban

10 minutes ago, skjourney said:

it seems new visas are whats being suspended.

10 minutes ago, emma24 said:

So does this JUST ban entry? Will visa still be processed (assuming things open up within the 60 day ban)?

The visas will still be processed at NVC and USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Dougefresh56 said:

So if I’m reading this right there is no ban on Non-Immigrant Visas. That would include a K visa. More specifically a K1 visa. So the Fiancée comes on a Non Immigrant VISA. Then gets married to the US citizen. Then they would be exempt from the Green Card Ban

Logical 

YMMV

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nothing in the wording suggests that there would be any change in processing or issuing currently in process i485, i765 or i131APs under an EB based category, right?  Does the issuance of the green card count as exempt because an AOS is in country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.