Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, exp23 said:

So someone with a "not-yet-activated" immigrant visa will also be affected?

Yes looks like it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Those who are seeking green card are the main target in this EO .. now  i-130 is the category that seeking green card  

I think that applicants with spouse visas in hand will be safe. People still in the process are already freezed since all embassies are closed

4 minutes ago, exp23 said:

No, it's a EB21 immigrant visa based on NIW and job offer in biomedical research

No one knows yet for sure. I hope you are exempted too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, LeoUSA said:

I think that applicants with spouse visas in hand will be safe. People still in the process are already freezed since all embassies are closed

Yes thats safe but those applying new application will go and  will see what will happen to those whos already in process

**** Several more post removed for political banter and derailment.

VJ Moderation

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

53 minutes ago, Alix64 said:
Hello Everyone,
Important article from the NYTimes:

And important quote in this article: 

“Officials said on Tuesday that American citizens seeking to bring their children or spouses to the United States would still be allowed to do so.”

Let’s cross our fingers it stays this way.
Take care all,
Alix

Spouses of lpr not included??😰😰😰😪,already 3 years of waiting and finally like this,itz unacceptable 

3 minutes ago, jobyge said:

Spouses of lpr not included??😰😰😰😪,already 3 years of waiting and finally like this,itz unacceptable 

There are conflicting reports saying LPR may be included.  Let's wait for the actual order to come out later today.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Trump just tweeted this, this morning

I will be signing my Executive Order prohibiting immigration into our Country today. In the meantime, even without this order, our Southern Border, aided substantially by the 170 miles of new Border Wall & 27,000 Mexican soldiers, is very tight - including for human trafficking!

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about my case. I already have Immigrant Visa on hand and my flight is nextweek. Can anybody tell me if I can travel to US even it’s already suspended?

Edited by Heart12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, Heart12 said:

How about my case. I already have Immigrant Visa on hand and my flight is nextweek. Can anybody tell me if I can travel to US

No one can tell you anything. Everyone is just analyzing for now, just wait and aee the EO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.