praisejourney

K1 Visa Extensions in Manila?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a quick question.  Our status is currently set to Issued as of a month ago but has not been received due to the mail being suspended. Do you know if extensions will be granted if for some reason the shutdown goes beyond 6 months?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Visas cannot be extended.  The law allows consulates, at their discretion, to re-issue expired visas if the holder could not travel.  This will require a new medical, fees, and other expired documents.  I would contact the consulate for specific information.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

Just a quick question.  Our status is currently set to Issued as of a month ago but has not been received due to the mail being suspended. Do you know if extensions will be granted if for some reason the shutdown goes beyond 6 months?

Had it been issued?

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Had it been issued?

The status changed to issued 2 days after the shutdown happened.  I called 2Go and they said they never received it and that they are shutdown until further notice.

Timeline
Just now, praisejourney said:

The status changed to issued 2 days after the shutdown happened.  I called 2Go and they said they never received it and that they are shutdown until further notice.

When was your medical?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

When was your medical?

March 10th I believe it was.

16 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Visas cannot be extended.  The law allows consulates, at their discretion, to re-issue expired visas if the holder could not travel.  This will require a new medical, fees, and other expired documents.  I would contact the consulate for specific information.

Thanks for the information. That is good to know!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

March 10th I believe it was.

Thanks for the information. That is good to know!

They possibly will make some exceptions on some items but medical validity is the wild card.  That is not waivable.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, praisejourney said:

Nope.   Visa validity (up to 6 months) is tied to the date of the medical.   If it becomes an issue it would require a new medical and issuing a new visa. 

Did you get CFO completed before the lockdown?

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, payxibka said:

When was your medical?

It was the first week in March. 

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Nope.   Visa validity (up to 6 months) is tied to the date of the medical.   If it becomes an issue it would require a new medical and issuing a new visa. 

Did you get CFO completed before the lockdown?

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

No everything closed down at the time it was issued.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

It was the first week in March. 

No everything closed down at the time it was issued.

You were issued the visa?    You could avoid CFO-GCP right now.

Register then print out your certificate.   During this lockdown CFO is allowing those with their visa in hand to print out a certificate without attending the seminar.    This could save you a lot of time once the lockdown is lifted.

http://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/15/2020 at 12:43 PM, Hank_ said:

You were issued the visa?    You could avoid CFO-GCP right now.

Register then print out your certificate.   During this lockdown CFO is allowing those with their visa in hand to print out a certificate without attending the seminar.    This could save you a lot of time once the lockdown is lifted.

http://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

Hank thanks for the information!!!  Our status is showing issued since mid March but it hasn't been mailed out yet.  I wish so much we had it in hand. This is such great information!

Timeline
5 hours ago, praisejourney said:

Hank thanks for the information!!!  Our status is showing issued since mid March but it hasn't been mailed out yet.  I wish so much we had it in hand. This is such great information!

About the time you get the visa in hand CFO will be opening its doors and the GCP seminar will have to be completed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

About the time you get the visa in hand CFO will be opening its doors and the GCP seminar will have to be completed.

Thanks Hank. Have we heard anything on the reopening yet? Yeah that is what I am thinking too.

Timeline
On 4/15/2020 at 6:51 AM, payxibka said:

They possibly will make some exceptions on some items but medical validity is the wild card.  That is not waivable.  

That would be great if they could make an exception. I haven't been able to find anything on this topic on the web.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

That would be great if they could make an exception. I haven't been able to find anything on this topic on the web.

They can make exceptions to policy and procedures,  they can't make exceptions that go against the actual law.  If i am not mistaken,  the medical validity is hard coded.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.