stech786

Coronavirus Embassy reopening

211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, naturalgurl4 said:

I think the issue is the airports are not allowing international flights. Like if a visa is granted and there are no flights out what is the point. My personal opinion once the international flight begin to happen in your country the embassy opening will follow soon after... just my personal opinion.. 

Poland just opened the borders, flights resume tomorrow within EU countries. My guess is that we are banned so I can dream about embassy open anytime soon. There will be second wave and we won’t be able to have interview and finally be with our fiancés. Nobody cares about us and that’s it. Sounds pessimistic because it looks pessimistic 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, PaulinaZ said:

Poland just opened the borders, flights resume tomorrow within EU countries. My guess is that we are banned so I can dream about embassy open anytime soon. There will be second wave and we won’t be able to have interview and finally be with our fiancés. Nobody cares about us and that’s it. Sounds pessimistic because it looks pessimistic 

Unfortunately, you might be right. I also strongly believe we are a forgotten group(K1). We have to find a way to make the authorites remember us. 

Timeline

This is completely speculative but with the next EO just around the corner I feel like we might have to wait until next year for things to really start moving forward. I just hope that at least the travel ban will be lifted sooner, so that we at least can visit our loved ones, although I’m feeling pretty pessimistic about it too. I know that EU will start working on opening the external borders in July but reading this: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-14/don-t-plan-on-summer-holidays-in-u-s-fauci-tells-the-british doesn’t lift my spirits

Timeline
17 minutes ago, TiEy said:

Unfortunately, you might be right. I also strongly believe we are a forgotten group(K1). We have to find a way to make the authorites remember us. 

@PaulinaZ I very much understand your concerns and suggestions but its more complicated than get. If you are issued a visa today its still a challenge to get into the states because you will have to travel  through 3rd countries and that option is quite slim

@TiEy what do you propose we do? they are already badgered by calls everyday 

@agataa That is my biggest fear, even if lock downs are lifted ....what if the EO is extended ?

1 hour ago, PaulinaZ said:

That’s what  I’m saying, checking temperature, consul behind the glass and we are all set. I just think they like complicating and playing with people’s lives. 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline

I guess it’s time to talk to my fiancé about moving to Europe. We’ll stay here in Poland or Ireland till next year when things start moving forward. He is down for this too.

Immigration to the US sucks a lot but now it just sucks entire energy out of me. I just want to be with him and go through this uncertainty together.

or let’s create a petition about finally taking care of us fiancés 

Timeline

The best thing that can happen to us now is if the embassies decide to accept approved cases from NVC and at least send out P3's so folks can go about getting documents together. When they finally decide to open then we can do the mad rush for medicals and booking interviews ...but sadly thats not happening so NVC still holds on to approved petitions.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@agataa That is my biggest fear, even if lock downs are lifted ....what if the EO is extended ?

I do think it will be extended, with some non-immigrant visas added, at least that’s what the rumors are saying. We will have to wait and see, because again, at this point it’s purely speculative but I don’t think it looks good :( on the other hand, maybe once the EO is extended we will hear something about tourism, but this is all just guessing 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@PaulinaZ I very much understand your concerns and suggestions but its more complicated than get. If you are issued a visa today its still a challenge to get into the states because you will have to travel  through 3rd countries and that option is quite slim

@TiEy what do you propose we do? they are already badgered by calls everyday 

I know immigration is not a right but what about trying to get the press to talk about the emotional trauma the whole uncertainty of not knowing when we will be with our loved ones is causing. The fiancee visa is supposedly an expediate visa but now we are left in limbo. At least, those pursing the spousal visa can visit. What is the great difference between them and us? I really am at a loss of ideas, but I think we need to try anything at least. Maybe a front page article on an important newspaper. A joint letter of K1 petitioners to the white house? I know I may sound ridiculous, the feeling of despair is very stressful.

Timeline

@TiEy An excellent and noble suggestion I must say...but not at this time...not where america is now.....Media has no power, and  citizens are trying to get their jobs back......Immigration benefits is not of importance now...really not much we can do but wait. Hopefully ,In a very short time this very large problem would be solved.

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@TiEy very noble suggestion I must say...but not at this time...not where america is now.....Media has no power, and  citizens are trying to get their jobs back......Immigration benefits is not of importance now...really not much we can do but wait.

Sadly, you are right. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, TiEy said:

I know immigration is not a right but what about trying to get the press to talk about the emotional trauma the whole uncertainty of not knowing when we will be with our loved ones is causing. The fiancee visa is supposedly an expediate visa but now we are left in limbo. At least, those pursing the spousal visa can visit. What is the great difference between them and us? I really am at a loss of ideas, but I think we need to try anything at least. Maybe a front page article on an important newspaper. A joint letter of K1 petitioners to the white house? I know I may sound ridiculous, the feeling of despair is very stressful.

I extremely agree with the emotional trauma. Uncertainty is taking over. It’s been harsh on mental health.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, PaulinaZ said:

Guys do you have any guesses on when they might open? Am I the only one who thinks this is just enough?

Like it’s just so hard for them to put consul behind the glass and don’t make him touch anything without glows, also before entering they can check the temperature of applicants. This is way better than affecting so many people’s lives and also having a backlog. I understand they protect workers, but it can’t be like that. We have preschools and nurseries open, borders as well but of course embassy is just something different.

I feel like this is a play from the Trump administration to limit immigration by all means necessary. They want the country open, but Visa's are on hold indefinitely. My fiances interview was scheduled April 13. They canceled and still nothing from the embassy about rescheduling. We would have been married by now. Now we all just sit and wait. I am furious. I made sure all the paperwork was perfect and he was tracking to be here in a little less then 6 months until this happened. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, alewis said:

I feel like this is a play from the Trump administration to limit immigration by all means necessary. They want the country open, but Visa's are on hold indefinitely. My fiances interview was scheduled April 13. They canceled and still nothing from the embassy about rescheduling. We would have been married by now. Now we all just sit and wait. I am furious. I made sure all the paperwork was perfect and he was tracking to be here in a little less then 6 months until this happened. 

That’s what I was thinking too. Now it’s the best time and reason to suspend immigration and play with our feelings.

we were planing our wedding in August, eh 😩

5 hours ago, PaulinaZ said:

That’s what  I’m saying, checking temperature, consul behind the glass and we are all set. I just think they like complicating and playing with people’s lives. 

They not in our shoes . They dont know this feeeling ! 

First wait long with uscis than much longer wait with Nvc than embassy and now they added this . Now waiting for reopenings. How much wait more ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.