Fumero

K1 application NOA1 delay after filing at the local lockbox (merged)

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Olafunmilayo said:

It was a standard mail so there was no  tracking num. Yes, I have rounded up the information to build the packet.

Even with the most minimal level of documentation that could be remotely acceptable, the I-129F package isn't going to fit in a standard envelope.

A USPS priority mail envelope (which is what almost everyone who submits their form by USPS uses, as it's the easiest and cheapest thing that's big enough) does have a tracking number.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Even with the most minimal level of documentation that could be remotely acceptable, the I-129F package isn't going to fit in a standard envelope.

A USPS priority mail envelope (which is what almost everyone who submits their form by USPS uses, as it's the easiest and cheapest thing that's big enough) does have a tracking number.

Standard mail doesn't immediately mean standard envelope.   One can send any sized envelope or package standard first class, even if it is a dumb thing to do 

YMMV

1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Apparently they initially only sent the form and money order. I guess you could fold that and stuff it in a standard envelope. However, the evidence packet that supposedly was sent after they received an RFE over the phone would definitely need something bigger and have a tracking number. Great point!

25 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I will go one step further.  Not only doesnt normally work that way, but doesn't work that way period.

You're right. I was trying to sugarcoat the fact that the fiancé probably hasn't been completely honest here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Standard mail doesn't immediately mean standard envelope.   One can send any sized envelope or package standard first class, even if it is a dumb thing to do 

True, but I'm pretty sure you get a tracking number even for regular first-class mail if you send a package.

/one time I sent a package to Anastasia before she got here that was under the minimum weight for international first-class mail so I sent it that way for half the cost of priority mail; I still got a tracking number

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

True, but I'm pretty sure you get a tracking number even for regular first-class mail if you send a package.

/one time I sent a package to Anastasia before she got here that was under the minimum weight for international first-class mail so I sent it that way for half the cost of priority mail; I still got a tracking number

Nope.  Regular domestic first class doesn't automatically get tracking unless you request it.  Priority mail includes it automatically. 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Like many others have stated, a lot of stuff doesn't add up here and a Fiance who is SERIOUS about the K-1 Would know sending just the I-129F and a payment won't cut it. Most if not everyone reading this is getting a feeling of you being left in the dark about the truth. Get your Fiance to join, read this thread and respond so others can get you the answers you both need. But to be honest, Refiling CORRECTLY is the only way forward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Malcom_T said:

Like many others have stated, a lot of stuff doesn't add up here and a Fiance who is SERIOUS about the K-1 Would know sending just the I-129F and a payment won't cut it. Most if not everyone reading this is getting a feeling of you being left in the dark about the truth. Get your Fiance to join, read this thread and respond so others can get you the answers you both need. But to be honest, Refiling CORRECTLY is the only way forward.

Thank you @Malcom_TDo we need to write a withdrawal letter before refilling? since we don’t have any receipt number or approval or just cancel the money order and refile to the appropriate address 

21 minutes ago, Olafunmilayo said:

Thank you @Malcom_TDo we need to write a withdrawal letter before refilling? since we don’t have any receipt number or approval or just cancel the money order and refile to the appropriate address 

There is nothing to withdraw, because your first packet was never properly received. Cancel the money order, do A LOT of research to compile a new, complete packet, and send it to the correct address. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Olafunmilayo said:

Like @Marieke H said, there is nothing to file in terms of withdrawal and hence cancel the money order. Someone correct me if I am wrong but withdrawal petitions are done when USCIS acknowledges receipt of your application and there is a case number associated with it. Which isnt the case here. Just think of this as starting afresh. Gather ALL the documentations that are needed and submit. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

There is nothing to withdraw, because your first packet was never properly received. Cancel the money order, do A LOT of research to compile a new, complete packet, and send it to the correct address. 

What about this post by the OP:

"My fiancé called the USCIS in February 2020 and they acknowledged receipt of the application and requested for other documents to forwarded, which he did. But still we haven’t yet gotten our NOA1."

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Until we hear from the USC,  I will give no credibility given to any information provided to the OP by said USC 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Malcom_T said:

Like @Marieke H said, there is nothing to file in terms of withdrawal and hence cancel the money order. Someone correct me if I am wrong but withdrawal petitions are done when USCIS acknowledges receipt of your application and there is a case number associated with it. Which isnt the case here. Just think of this as starting afresh. Gather ALL the documentations that are needed and submit. 

Thank you so much @Malcom_T and very member of VJ who have been responding to this topic I really appreciate. I and my fiancé will do a proper filing and also update you guys as we go. 

5 hours ago, Olafunmilayo said:

My fiancé has joined @Kodee

Welcome, @Kodee! It would be really helpful if you could clarify a few things:

When you contacted USCIS in February, they confirmed that your petition was received? Did they give you a case number? You would have needed that case number when you mailed the extra documents so they could add those to your packet. What exactly was missing in your initial packet / what did you send?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.