Kim_

Petitioner cancel VISA on hand?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I just wanna ask if a petitioner can cancel the Visas which are already on my hand? We just broke up and he was saying if there's no hope anymore he will cancel it. Can he do that? Thank you for response!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Terry and Kim said:

Hello everyone, I just wanna ask if a petitioner can cancel the Visas which are already on my hand? We just broke up and he was saying if there's no hope anymore he will cancel it. Can he do that? Thank you for response!

According to your timeline you already are married.   Correct?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

According to your timeline you already are married.   Correct?

No, idk why it shows like that maybe some kind of error. We are fiance visa.. my daughter is k2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Terry and Kim said:

No, idk why it shows like that maybe some kind of error. We are fiance visa.. my daughter is k2.

Are you in the usa?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Are you in the usa?

I'm still here in the Philippines due to covid-19. We already booked the flights but it seems like we are having trouble with our relationship. Can he cancel the Visas we have on hand? Thank you

8 minutes ago, Terry and Kim said:

I'm still here in the Philippines due to covid-19. We already booked the flights but it seems like we are having trouble with our relationship. Can he cancel the Visas we have on hand? Thank you

He can contact the embassy and let them know the status of your relationship. The thing with the K1 visa is it is directly tied to him. So even if you make it to the US, you will not be able to become a permanent resident without marrying him.

If you two are broken up, you should work on the problems you are having. Sometimes relationships have rough patches. Who knows, you may be able to work it out.

But if it is definitely over, your best interest is to let the visa expire because it would not benefit you to come to the US on that visa when you will have no way to become legal without him.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

He can contact the embassy and let them know the status of your relationship. The thing with the K1 visa is it is directly tied to him. So even if you make it to the US, you will not be able to become a permanent resident without marrying him.

If you two are broken up, you should work on the problems you are having. Sometimes relationships have rough patches. Who knows, you may be able to work it out.

But if it is definitely over, your best interest is to let the visa expire because it would not benefit you to come to the US on that visa when you will have no way to become legal without him.

I see, thank you! I have no plan on going to US if our relationship is not working either. I really have no idea if we can still make it, but maybe. He's been cheating many times and I am having so much difficulties on trusting him again. He got easily tired of me not being able to get past thru it. It sucks. But anyways, thank you!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

It is better for you to make a clean break now ... especially considering his "traits".

You deserve better  ;) 

That's what everyone says. It's hard when you really love the person and sometimes it makes you blind about what's going on. I still have the feeling inside that maybe once we're together, it will never happen again. I know he loves me. He's just always being confused what he really want. Right after when we broke up, he started to talk to his ex live in partner again, and the other girl he met in dating site, and now he messaged me that he loves me and admitted all the mistakes he have done, asking if we still have any hope left.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It is really hard, I know. When my ex-husband and I were engaged (for the first time), he made some comments online about me that were completely humiliating. He thought I'd never find out because I shouldn't have known he was posting where he was, but I did find out. Even though it was horrible, I still hesitated about breaking up with him because I loved him so much, and I knew he loved me too. I broke it off with him but he won me back after about 6 months and we got married. It was a terrible marriage. 

You deserve better than this man. If he cannot be faithful to you now, he is unlikely to change. Save yourself the pain. You say he gets tired of you not getting through the pain? That is HIS problem. Your pain is real, and HE caused it. 

Same way for me, when we broke up he blocked me in fb and he didn't know his fb messenger is still logged-in in my phone. I saw all his conversations with her ex live in partner saying he admit everything is all his fault, he loved me very much and gave 100% to make it work, but he got really tired of me not being past thru it (been only few weeks since I figured he was living with his ex while engaged with me). He said I was never his soulmate. And he's going to cancel our flights and make a letter to USCIS to cancel the visa. His desperate ex said she's glad they were talking again. It's crazy to read all of their convos, feels like stabbing myself to death. When he asked me if we still have hope left, I told him I "I don't wanna be rude but it sounds to me like you want some space cuz the break up just happened, and I really wanna respect that decision and I really hope you can respect my decision to take some time apart too." He replied he absolutely respect my decision and said he loves me and stay positive. 💔

20 minutes ago, Terry and Kim said:

Same way for me, when we broke up he blocked me in fb and he didn't know his fb messenger is still logged-in in my phone. I saw all his conversations with her ex live in partner saying he admit everything is all his fault, he loved me very much and gave 100% to make it work, but he got really tired of me not being past thru it (been only few weeks since I figured he was living with his ex while engaged with me). He said I was never his soulmate. And he's going to cancel our flights and make a letter to USCIS to cancel the visa. His desperate ex said she's glad they were talking again. It's crazy to read all of their convos, feels like stabbing myself to death. When he asked me if we still have hope left, I told him I "I don't wanna be rude but it sounds to me like you want some space cuz the break up just happened, and I really wanna respect that decision and I really hope you can respect my decision to take some time apart too." He replied he absolutely respect my decision and said he loves me and stay positive. 💔

That's just cruel. I'm so, so sorry you're going through this right now. I just want you to know that it DOES get better. Every day is a new chance to build on the lessons of yesterday. And one day it hurts a little less. Then a little less. And on and on until there comes a morning you wake up and the pain is bearable. And then it's just dull. And then it's gone, or close enough to gone. I'll never stop hurting in a small way, but the pain is such a small part of who I am now. The breaking of my heart made it even stronger when I put it back together. 

Wishing you peace and strength right now. ❤️ 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

That's just cruel. I'm so, so sorry you're going through this right now. I just want you to know that it DOES get better. Every day is a new chance to build on the lessons of yesterday. And one day it hurts a little less. Then a little less. And on and on until there comes a morning you wake up and the pain is bearable. And then it's just dull. And then it's gone, or close enough to gone. I'll never stop hurting in a small way, but the pain is such a small part of who I am now. The breaking of my heart made it even stronger when I put it back together. 

Wishing you peace and strength right now. ❤️ 

I couldn't agree more. I believe to thank someone who smashed my heart into hundred little pieces. Cuz now, I do not have one hundred little pieces. I have one hundred little seeds. And when they grow, for that right person, they'll get more than a tree. They'll get a forest. All the bad ones and broken hearts, all the painful memories, eventually they transform into very powerful tools that help us define the type of person we are, what kind of person can makes us feel happy, safe and understood in the long run, and how we'll need to treat this person if we want to hang on to them. And realistically (and frustratingly!), we're only able to spot the good (for us) cuz we dated (bad) for us. So that ex, prepared us for our best life. Thank them (quitely) ❤

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Terry and Kim said:

That's what everyone says. It's hard when you really love the person and sometimes it makes you blind about what's going on. I still have the feeling inside that maybe once we're together, it will never happen again. I know he loves me. He's just always being confused what he really want. Right after when we broke up, he started to talk to his ex live in partner again, and the other girl he met in dating site, and now he messaged me that he loves me and admitted all the mistakes he have done, asking if we still have any hope left.

Once the bloom falls off the marriage ... he will get worse.   Dodge the bullet.      laylalex gives you good advice

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Once the bloom falls off the marriage ... he will get worse.   Dodge the bullet.      laylalex gives you good advice

@laylalex @Hank_ Thank you for all the good advices 🙏 it really helped me think well. God bless you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.