2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, miri_sp said:

Does anyone here have experiences with congressional inquiries and how long it takes until USCIS responds to one? 

They are obligated to respond within 5 business days.

Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, AHC said:

Hello all,
any April concurrent AOS filer with interview scheduled? I received a letter for I 693 medical and was asked to provide 693 during interview though interview has not been scheduled yet. Any share of timeline with interview scheduled will be highly appreciated. Thanks. 

Look at our timeline please.

Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, kayden123 said:

update on ours yesterday, After about 3-4 weeks from receiving the combo card. The SSN card just came in the mail. Interview is still pending to be scheduled. 

Congratulations ! Did you call Social Security to see if the immigrant name is in their system ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, kayden123 said:

update on ours yesterday, After about 3-4 weeks from receiving the combo card. The SSN card just came in the mail. Interview is still pending to be scheduled. 

Congrats! time to get to work! lol

On 10/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, JMLaw said:

it seems you can apply for premium processing for any EAD now? Unless I misunderstood, in which someone please correct me!

"Pub. L. No. 116-159 also gives USCIS the ability to expand premium processing to additional forms and benefit requests, but USCIS is not yet taking that action.https://www.uscis.gov/news/premium-processing-fee-increase-effective-oct-19-2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, Milanovic said:

Hello some update, my wife had a biometrics on August 12th for EAD, on September the 19th she received the combo card. Today we got an biometrics appointment for AP even though she got a combo card. She had all 10 fingers done when we went the first time.

Same for me lol! I am in Atlanta too!

Timeline

Finally we had an appointment with SSA today (waited for 3 weeks) to apply for SSN. We brought husband’s passport and

combocard. The SS guy in the window asked my husband to fill the form SS-5, then looked in his computer and said, «Somebody already did it for you ».. Turned out since October 19 my husband’s name is in the SS system, he has SSN and his SS card is in the mail👏😀🤭🙏 The guy gave us my husband’s SSN. Now we just have to wait for the SS card to arrive.

P.S. Biometrics 8/28, combo 9/29, AOS interview scheduled 10/29.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:48 AM, Milanovic said:

Hello some update, my wife had a biometrics on August 12th for EAD, on September the 19th she received the combo card. Today we got an biometrics appointment for AP even though she got a combo card. She had all 10 fingers done when we went the first time.

Same here i got my combo card too but they send it again notice for that i dont know what to do no one have idea i was happy i got interview notice but when i read that was same notice as biometric so confused 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

so we got two approval letters in the mail, one for EAD and the other for AP. No update online. EAD shows 'fingerprint were taken" while AP is still stuck on 'case was received" and I485 still stuck on 'fingerprint fee was received" .i have SSN card from applying when i first got here, do anyone know if i will have to get a new one or that is still good to go? thanks

We finally got our biometrics letter yesterday! November 12 although the letter just says it’s for the i131 but at least we’re finally hearing something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.