2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, AHC said:

Hello all,
any April concurrent AOS filer with interview scheduled? I received a letter for I 693 medical and was asked to provide 693 during interview though interview has not been scheduled yet. Any share of timeline with interview scheduled will be highly appreciated. Thanks. 

We’ve been stuck at “biometrics scheduled” since early August...even though he had his biometrics taken on August 12th. He’s going to call this week to ask what’s going on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello,  

I'm getting notice that my spouse (I'm USC) is not eligible for our health insurance on heath care marketplace (ACA) because we don't have a document that says how long he can stay. Has anybody else encountered this?? Please help. Panicking. We only have until the end of the month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got my Social Security card (replacement) today. I applied for an SSN a few weeks after arrival and got one under my maiden name... after getting married, went to change it then applied for AOS (and asked for a new card on the EAD form) and just got it now under my married name...

Prob is my previous card displays:

(Maiden Name)

(First Name 1) (First Name 2) (Middle Name) (Last Name)

((Yes I got 2 first names))

however, my new one (married):

(First Name 1) (First Name 2) (Married Last Name)

It doesn't have my new middle name...

*e.g.

Old card  with maiden name: Mary Lee (Chang) Smith

New card with married name:

Mary Lee ______ Krasinski

it's missing Smith which would've been my middle name

Is it gonna be a problem in the future? Like maybe some will assume my 2nd First name is my Middle name? Should I call the office? 

Apologies for the weird formatting, I'm on mobile..

Thank you

Yesterday was my wife and stepsons AOS interview. The original date they received our package was 04/13. Our AOS interview appointment was scheduled back on 09/11, so we had plenty of time to prepare. 

The appointment was pretty straightforward and simple lasting about 30 minutes from once we actually got called back. Mostly just went through the AOS application to make sure everything was accurate and up to date. We were asked about how we meet and what we have been up to. 

Was also asked to provide any documents or letters we have that have both our names on it. I brought a few things showing our shared bank account, and also some insurance documents. They also asked for photographs of us together as they didn't have the original 129-F evidence sent in. We provided about 6 current photos of us from this year. 

At the end of the interview we were told we were being approved and to expect cards in the mail! 🥳

We were told due to COVID it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the cards but that seemed more like worst case scenario processing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, H&C said:

Same here. No bio, nothing. Pd date April 7. Very disheartening. 

I also haven't been able to speak to a representative.  They made it impossible. If anyone figured out what to say please post it. 

I have tried and given up. The wait time is always more than 40 mins and they keep repeating the same thing wait another 10 days or 15 days. We don't know why is there a delay. No further information. I have tried multiple times to speak with a tier 2 officer, most of the times they say we can't get anyone on line and there's nothing else to be done. A few times some reps told me to hold while they checked for the officer and they just hung up on me. I have exhausted all tricks. But if you get any success do share with us. It feels like there is no other way but to wait with no certainty. 

39 minutes ago, KK and UR said:

I have tried and given up. The wait time is always more than 40 mins and they keep repeating the same thing wait another 10 days or 15 days. We don't know why is there a delay. No further information. I have tried multiple times to speak with a tier 2 officer, most of the times they say we can't get anyone on line and there's nothing else to be done. A few times some reps told me to hold while they checked for the officer and they just hung up on me. I have exhausted all tricks. But if you get any success do share with us. It feels like there is no other way but to wait with no certainty. 

yeah its pretty normal with USCIS phone reps. its frustrating 

duh

1 hour ago, KK and UR said:

Talked to my lawyer and she was saying that the phone line has become a waste of time. Anything they will allow you to do you can do it online, by submitting requests. I recommend you do that and keep waiting. 

An update on my side. 

We had our biometrics today. Receipt date April 9.

Appointment was super fast because there were only 10 people scheduled for our time slot. We were done in less than 10 minutes. 

The office seemed empty. I chatted with the security guard and he told me they are still throttling the number of appointments but it's not as bad as a few months ago when they were doing only 5 people/hour.

For the folks that haven't received biometrics yet, this throttling for safety reasons might be causing the delay. 

In regards to my case not having received the Request for Initial Evidence. I spoke with an immi lawyer on Monday and she said that:

1. Odds are that the RFIE was just the courtesy notice for the I-693.
  2. We submitting a request for losing notice and we'll have to wait for response till November 6 and then resubmit one. Sometimes they don't bother to respond.
  3. A lot of parents cases have been having getting  the interview waived which is why they are requesting the I-693. 
  4. After biometrics I should receive the I-131. If not it means there is trouble. If yes, then case is progressing fine. 
  5. Nobody knows how they will judge the Public Charge requirement (I-944). They expect more RFE and rejections. She recommended paying for health insurance and for including her to my bank accounts as soon as we receive the SSN.

Hope the above is helpful. Immigration lawyer is from large immigration SF office, so they handle a lot of family cases and seemed up-to-date. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, lstm said:

Did you try the Emma chatting system? I asked for a live agent and got one like in 10 minutes. He opened a service request for me asap. 

Chat has very limited functions. They have no escalation process and tier 2 contacts. Or even update in expedite requests. But yes, its much faster than phoneline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

update on ours yesterday, After about 3-4 weeks from receiving the combo card. The SSN card just came in the mail. Interview is still pending to be scheduled. 

Hello some update, my wife had a biometrics on August 12th for EAD, on September the 19th she received the combo card. Today we got an biometrics appointment for AP even though she got a combo card. She had all 10 fingers done when we went the first time.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, rarara said:

Talked to my lawyer and she was saying that the phone line has become a waste of time. Anything they will allow you to do you can do it online, by submitting requests. I recommend you do that and keep waiting. 

Thank you. Yes, I figured, there is no other way but to wait. When I chatted with one of the rep via Emma last month I was informed scheduling a bio appt can be done in just 2 days and that was their logic why they cant open a service request three days ahead of the 90 days timeline. But later when I spoke on the phone they completely denied that it can be done in two days. In fact in 15 days the local office will only kinda check my service request and then I will wait for my appointment to be scheduled. I am just trying to be patient and get through with this. 

Happy to hear your appointment went smooth! And thank you for sharing your experience, it helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, KK and UR said:

Hey, wanted to let you know what worked for me to reach a live person on the phone. Dont say anything and once the AI asks you a question just keep pressing #. I spoke to someone really quickly but the news is still disappointing. She put in a service inquiry because is has been 7 months on my case and over 90 days since my ASC office opened. But she said I will not hear back before 30 days, and can't guarantee when they will get back to me? The delay is unbearable and so unfair.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.