2,698 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Tmac88 said:

Same here. Receipt date is 04/14 and no biometrics yet. I’m in Seattle which I guess is one of the worst ASCs, but it reopened July 13th so it’s only 2 weeks until the 90 day mark. 

Called last week and the lady was nice. She basically said that the reason there’s a difference in timelines is because each agent at the ASC basically has their own caseload, so it’s pretty much however fast they get through it. So I guess some agents work quickly and the cases they have move fast, while others are slow (definitely got a slow one!) don’t move as fast. She said that in 2 weeks when it hits 90 days if we still don’t have an appointment, to call back and they basically put pressure on the ASC to schedule us. So we just continue waiting.

So basically there is no guarantee that even after waiting 90 days we’ll get biometrics appointment notice. And ASC don’t schedule biometrics appointment, uscis schedules the appointment. My PD is 13 April 2020 and still waiting for it at Houston ASC. It’s already been 13 months since my i130 was approved and still there is no hope of end in sight. 

14 hours ago, RCable said:

Is anyone else struggling to get an SSN? My husband called the SSA office again and they told him that he would need to get a job offer first then they will work with him to get an SSN. But he’s had 2 interviews so far and both didn’t work our because they weren’t comfortable with him not having an SSN. The SSA offices in California have been closed since March. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

He checked that he wanted an SSN automatically assigned when he applied for the EAD, but he never got one. On top of that I need him to get an SSN so I can add him to benefits at work. It’s all getting very frustrating. There’s no reason the SSA offices can’t open if other government offices have been able to. 

You can add him to some of your benefits, like health insurance, without the SSN - I did it.  My company could not do an online enrollment, they had to do it by paper, but my health insurance seemed very familiar with the process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, RCable said:

Is anyone else struggling to get an SSN? My husband called the SSA office again and they told him that he would need to get a job offer first then they will work with him to get an SSN. But he’s had 2 interviews so far and both didn’t work our because they weren’t comfortable with him not having an SSN. The SSA offices in California have been closed since March. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

He checked that he wanted an SSN automatically assigned when he applied for the EAD, but he never got one. On top of that I need him to get an SSN so I can add him to benefits at work. It’s all getting very frustrating. There’s no reason the SSA offices can’t open if other government offices have been able to. 

If they're asking for a job offer, I would just say he's gonna apply for InstaCart/doordash. A SSN is required and they probably won't send you a official job offer.

If it doesn't work, just call all the offices around you.

You also don't need SSN to be added to health insurance. Give them a placeholder.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, eddie90 said:

So basically there is no guarantee that even after waiting 90 days we’ll get biometrics appointment notice. And ASC don’t schedule biometrics appointment, uscis schedules the appointment. My PD is 13 April 2020 and still waiting for it at Houston ASC. It’s already been 13 months since my i130 was approved and still there is no hope of end in sight. 

Pretty much, no guarantee. I know the USCIS schedules vs. the ASC, but they can’t do it until there’s an open appointment I guess. I’m continually told I’m still “in line” for an appointment, though I saw somewhere else someone also in Seattle who filed in August has already had their biometrics which makes me pretty irritated. Who knows if that true. Anyway, in 2 weeks if we don’t have it, at least I won’t be told wait 90 days. Curious what they will say/do then. 

19 hours ago, RCable said:

Call them and tell them he has a dire need for a SSN. Tell them he needs it to access healthcare through your work. In reality a SSN isn't needed to get healthcare, but it seems to be in your case, so tell them that without a SSN he does not have any cover and he is concerned for his well-being. 

Also- I was able to get an interview for my SSN in Needles, CA back around May. So maybe call that office. I know its likely a long drive for you, but it's worth a shot. 

Edited by YvetteS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 8:23 PM, JMGN said:

Can anyone tell me how long after their case status changes to new card is being produced, you have received the card in the mail?  

On September 22 it was “new card being produced”. On September 29 the combocard arrived in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, portorusa said:

On September 22 it was “new card being produced”. On September 29 the combocard arrived in the mail.

Congrats!🎊
I’m anticipating the arrival of my combo card this week lol. Yesterday my l-765 Case changed from ‘new card being produced’ to ‘case approved’ and l-131 case also changed from ‘case received’ to ‘approved’. So, just thinking that I will be getting the combo card. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, Tmac88 said:

Same here. Receipt date 04/14 and nothing since. Keep being told to contact back after 90 days, which for me is in 2 weeks, as my ASC (Seattle) reopened July 13th. 

Priority date April 3rd. Nothing for 180 days.

cases 180 days.jpg

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, dandeexjvy said:

Received date: April 28th

Biometrics: Aug 12th

And now page has updated to show "new card being produced as of Sept. 22nd"!!!!!! Guys, I'm so excited to finally see more progress. I'm happy that so many of us are sharing similar timelines, it's definitely been keeping me sane. Thanks for always updating everyone on your journeys.

Another update! EAD Card was received in the mail on Monday 9/28. So I had it in my hands a little less than a week after they said it was being produced. Didn't receive an SSN but the website says that comes within the next 7 days? Fingers crossed. How long did it take for the rest of you who asked for an SSN via the i765 to receive it? Have any of you had any trouble? 

Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 11:23 PM, JMGN said:

Hello everyone,

I have been so annoyed and tired of this long and ridiculous process. But today I received an update and I was wondering if I will have to wait for another long period before I can start sending out job applications. 

Can anyone tell me how long after their case status changes to new card is being produced, you have received the card in the mail?  I know I have seen someone mentioned it but I just can’t find that post. 

Thank you so much!

It took 6 days for me to receive mine in the mail. Very quick compared to the rest of the process so far lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, nacho2626 said:

Priority date April 3rd. Nothing for 180 days.

cases 180 days.jpg

When did your ASC reopening? Less than 2 weeks until I can call and say ok it’s been 90 days, now what? I’m so curious what they’ll say then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So i called the USCIS and after going back and forth with the representative i was able to talk to a tier 2 officer and i was scheduled for biometrics on oct 2. i was emailed the appointment letter after the call and i was asked to print it out and go along with it. is their anyone who as had to go for their biometric appointment with an email printout? can you share your experience? thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.